themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2017

Bobby Zarin?

Is this a trick question, and its John B. Anderson?

I know, I suspect everything's a trick question, its my trusting Scottish nature.

Donald Trump?

On 05/12/2017 at 23:20, CaptainChorizo said:

Golden Slumbers until January

Managers-www.itv_.com_.jpg

I prefer Pep time personally...

• Like 1

Round Up #29 (Slay Bells Sting, Are You Listening? Special)

Max Clifford: BBC Obit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42300593

Keith Chegwin: BBC Obit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42313706

Duffy Ayers: Guardian Obit: https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2017/dec/11/duffy-ayers-obituary

Fred Doocy: Awaiting Obit.

Ana Maria Vela Rubio: Daily Mail Obit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5185747/Europes-oldest-woman-dies-month-celebrating-116th.html

Sharon Laws: BBC Obit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/42377545

Heinz Wolff: BBC Obit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42378765

If Sharon Laws obits my main team will have finally surpassed last year's score. What a struggle... the 50:50 gambles didn't work (Ricketts, Stefan Karl), some lasted longer than expected (especially my joker), some I shouldn't have picked (Nevin, Spiridonov). 

At least I hit my targets (for now). Every team scored higher than last year and I improved on last year's 8th place, with the B-Team barely holding 7th place.

46 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

If Sharon Laws obits my main team will have finally surpassed last year's score. What a struggle... the 50:50 gambles didn't work (Ricketts, Stefan Karl), some lasted longer than expected (especially my joker), some I shouldn't have picked (Nevin, Spiridonov). 

At least I hit my targets (for now). Every team scored higher than last year and I improved on last year's 8th place, with the B-Team barely holding 7th place.

Amusingly I appear to have done a Gcreptile 2016: the combined score from Pan Breed and the Reserves would have had me near the top with better judgement on the one team!

43 minutes ago, msc said:

Amusingly I appear to have done a Gcreptile 2016: the combined score from Pan Breed and the Reserves would have had me near the top with better judgement on the one team!

An interesting game of "If only...". But this year I realized how much more difficult it is to select 20 instead of 40. Some just don't make the cut but become hits. I would never have picked Julia Perez if I could have only fielded one team.

I honestly do expect a top 5 placing from The Love Boat next year gcreptile, you definitely have great potential.

Latest update...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I honestly do expect a top 5 placing from The Love Boat next year gcreptile, you definitely have great potential.

Thank you, but the field is getting bigger and bigger. Lots of people are contenders, including you. 

All they needed to do was add Sasha Lakovic to that list...

Looking back at the list of the lost for the last ten days, who do you think is the biggest surprise into the list of the lost? The answer is clearly Ben Suisala, how dare the Daily Mail not cover his story again after the first time...

I’m only kidding. In all seriousness though, I think it’s very hard to beat Abdul Halim of Kedah. He was the second longest living ruling monarch at that time, which I would’ve guessed it should’ve been a sure fire obit, but he didn’t obit outside his own country even...

I'm always legit surprised when a Nobel Prize winner doesn't pick up a QO, so Nicolaas Bloembergen.

Anna Raccoon surprised me, mostly as I thought the QO sources who covered her challenging Corbyn's seat couldn't resist doing a follow up once she croaked.

2 hours ago, msc said:

I'm always legit surprised when a Nobel Prize winner doesn't pick up a QO, so Nicolaas Bloembergen.

Agreed

On 21/12/2017 at 18:45, gcreptile said:

Agreed

Just a suggestion but...

Q/O here are major papers and the like mentioning the death and most of the British broadsheets have major sections detailing what's happened over the year.

You sure there isn't some corner dropping in the name amongst a list of significant deaths?

• Like 1

On 12/21/2017 at 12:24, Death Impends said:

Anna Raccoon surprised me, mostly as I thought the QO sources who covered her challenging Corbyn's seat couldn't resist doing a follow up once she croaked.

Along those lines, Dehmelt.  Admittedly many of the lost I didn’t know, but I probably search for their obits once a month, and learn who they are and frankly many of them deserved favor.  Agreed re: Nobel winners, I mean cmon...

SC

edit lol sorry was supposed to attach w Nobel Prize post, but I’m pecking on my phone so got lost....

Dehmelt and Bloembergen are the main reason why the New York Times should become a source of QOs.