Spade_Cooley

Stefan Karl Stefansson

"We Are Number One" but every "one" is replaced with a DeathList poster who has never heard of Lazy Town saying he isn't famous enough for his own thread.

• Like 1

*sax solo then robbie rotten clones break out singing

We are number (lfn: what in the bollocks in lazy town)

We are number (lard bazaar: never in my frequent sexipaides have i heard of lazy town)

Now listen closely, here's a little lesson in trickery this is going down in history. If you want to be a villain number (tempes fight: i never heard of lazy town does it support my Nazism?) You have to chase a super villain on the run.

Now follow my moves and sneak around be careful not to make a sound *steps on twig. No give me that. We are number (Paul bearer: changes joey Russ banned to "doesn't know what lazy town is)

We are number (cat o'falk: i was too busy watching planes to know about lazy town)

We are number (me : I couldn't watch it over the sound of me banging your mom)

Now look at this net that I just found, when i say be ready to throw, go! *lands on Robbie rotten. Let's try something else. Now watch and learn hears the deal. He'll slip and slide on these banna peels. *clones slip. What are you doing.

We are number (Dr zorders: i don't watch pro Halibut propaganda)

We are number (Phantom: I don't watch anti Halibut propaganda)

We are number (rockerhopper penguin: her again i get the last word and it is what is lazy town?)

• Like 10

I'm a dad, I know what LazyTown is. (Though it's more Mr Tumble these days - can't stand him and he's always on!)

More pertinently, I know what pancreatic cancer is too.

Definitely put him on the list!

9/10 for effort MK.

Though I have f uck all knowledge about the programme, I for one, am glad that pancreatic cancer will do Gods work on a future (to be revealed) Icelandic pedophile.

PS....

If you're gonna do lyrics after a sax solo, at least do it to Rafferty or O'Connor. Folk might recognise it then...

Is this thread an attempt to get him into the Drop 40 to make him a valuable joker?

Is this thread an attempt to get him into the Drop 40 to make him a valuable joker?

He'll be pissed when he finds out Zsa Zsa is number one and not him, mind.

• Like 6

I looked up some clips of lazytown, cause I wanted to see what the show was like, and surprisingly (to me at least) I actually seen the show before. I knew nothing about the actors of course, but I have seen the show.

I looked up some clips of lazytown, cause I wanted to see what the show was like, and surprisingly (to me at least) I actually seen the show before. I knew nothing about the actors of course, but I have seen the show.

So do the BBC export their kids shows to the US. I thought that sewer just contained one way traffic.

So do the BBC export their kids shows to the US. I thought that sewer just contained one way traffic.

Actually, I've seen it on nickelodeon when they had their educational time for the little ones.

Actually, I've seen it on nickelodeon when they had there educational time for the little ones.

Clearly to little effect.

• Like 3

I am coming down on the side of his inclusion. People like Brian Cant and Tony Hart would have been acceptable inclusions and I has Ann Emery drafted in to one of my DDP for next year until her fortunate demise. If Casey Casem can be on the list then I think SKS can be as well. My wife worked in a preschool and Lazy Town was enormously popular among the children.

We should not succumb to generational prejudice if the heroes of of our childhood TV are worthy of inclusion then so are those of later generations.

ps does anyone know any health/career information on Adrian Hedley?

• Like 4

I am coming down on the side of his inclusion. People like Brian Cant and Tony Hart would have been acceptable inclusions and I has Ann Emery drafted in to one of my DDP for next year until her fortunate demise. If Casey Casem can be on the list then I think SKS can be as well. My wife worked in a preschool and Lazy Town was enormously popular among the children.

We should not succumb to generational prejudice if the heroes of of our childhood TV are worthy of inclusion then so are those of later generations.

You could always ask him directly. https://twitter.com/adysaintg

I assume this is the one you mean. Noseybonk etc...

• Like 1

You could always ask him directly. https://twitter.com/adysaintg

I assume this is the one you mean. Noseybonk etc...

When I have access to twitter again I will. Just really trying to give an example of someone who was a star of children's TV in the past but has faded from public view.

Icelandic, not British. Have there been any Icelandic DDP hits before?

Magnus!

It took me a good 5 minutes to think of that, clearly I'm not up for the Mastermind challenge today.

• Like 2

True story.... Sold magnus a toaster at 9am on a Saturday morning whilst still 'merry'.

He asked me what the 'cancel' button was for.

Replyed 'pass' as I was on auto...

• Like 5

Brilliantly put Bibliogryphon.I was thinking a similar thing.If say Gudrun Ure Geoffrey from rainbow or Matthew Corbett or Richard Caddell was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer no one would say they arent famous enough for the Deathlist.Stefan Karl Stefannson is clearly an equivalent of those names so to me the argument for including him is really obvious.The DL criteria stipulates someone has to be famous in their own right prior to illness and also likely enough to get uk obits when they die.Stefan fits both boxes without a doubt.I mean the DL committee needs to be more innovative.Their current policy of picking nonogenarians is looking increasly narrow focused as their hit scores indicate.I am not saying alter the rules but at least use them to your advantage.I suspect the committee will ignore StefanKarl Stefannson as well as Leah Bracknell Errol Christie Scott Putesky Helen Fawkes Fernando Rickson Piers Sellers Colin Meads Ian Martin John Wetton Steve Hewlett Lynne Stewart Peter Sarstedt and King Michael of Romania despite them all being within their criteria and unlikely to make 2018.
  • Like 1

I think Michael will be on next years list. He is 96 next year after all.

• Like 1

I think 7 of Shaun's names above should be in serious consideration. Though the committee have a lot of leeway. They need 15 almost nailed on deaths and then they can cast the net a little wider and may get the next John Nash.

Brilliantly put Bibliogryphon.I was thinking a similar thing.If say Gudrun Ure Geoffrey from rainbow or Matthew Corbett or Richard Caddell was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer no one would say they arent famous enough for the Deathlist.Stefan Karl Stefannson is clearly an equivalent of those names so to me the argument for including him is really obvious.The DL criteria stipulates someone has to be famous in their own right prior to illness and also likely enough to get uk obits when they die.Stefan fits both boxes without a doubt.I mean the DL committee needs to be more innovative.Their current policy of picking nonogenarians is looking increasly narrow focused as their hit scores indicate.I am not saying alter the rules but at least use them to your advantage.I suspect the committee will ignore StefanKarl Stefannson as well as Leah Bracknell Errol Christie Scott Putesky Helen Fawkes Fernando Rickson Piers Sellers Colin Meads Ian Martin John Wetton Steve Hewlett Lynne Stewart Peter Sarstedt and King Michael of Romania despite them all being within their criteria and unlikely to make 2018.

I think this is one of those cases where the character is more famous than the person who portrays him. In other words, people may know about Robbie Rutten but give a blank questioning stare when the name Stefan Karl Stefansson comes up...I am of the generation that watched LazyTown occasionally when I was a kid, and I had never heard of this guy until a few weeks ago. Granted, there were other children's shows that I prioritized, like the one about a cow and a badger cohabiting.

• Like 2

I think this is one of those cases where the character is more famous than the person who portrays him. In other words, people may know about Robbie Rutten but give a blank questioning stare when the name Stefan Karl Stefansson comes up...I am of the generation that watched LazyTown occasionally when I was a kid, and I had never heard of this guy until a few weeks ago. Granted, there were other children's shows that I prioritized, like the one about a cow and a badger cohabiting.

WOW. I think that could explain so many things. It reminds me of the head trip that was Polka Dot Shorts which my daughter unfathomably enjoyed.

WOW. I think that could explain so many things. It reminds me of the head trip that was Polka Dot Shorts which my daughter unfathomably enjoyed.

All children seem to love the type of shows that make adults go "wtf am I watching, am I high on acid right now??" :D

I guess that's one of the reasons why our childhood heroes generally shouldn't be seriously considered, lest we end up with a Teletubbie on the DL...

hero? You really haven't watched lazy town have you?