Spade_Cooley

Stefan Karl Stefansson

Reminds me of Vera Caslavska, who had similar surgery. Then, in the follow scans, they found new cancer. She was dead within 3 months.

There used to be a belief that once they "opened you up" and "let the air get to it" you were done for.

At the beginning of the year it was unsure whether he was worth a punt. Good news for me would be he will only hit me with 1 point on the inverse deadpool.

There were Stefan Karl death rumors on Twitter this morning. Now confirmed to be a hoax.

Rumours are not hoaxes  coffee3.gif

• Like 1

On 6/28/2017 at 11:46, Toast said:

Actually that article looks to be drawn entirely from social media sources.

I have noticed that BBC "journalism" has recently begun to sink to the level of the tabloids in this respect..

Not trying to necessarily argue, but as social media becomes much more prevelant, then journalism will cover a lot of stories from social media.

30 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Not trying to necessarily argue, but as social media becomes much more prevelant, then journalism will cover a lot of stories from social media.

In this case, the point is that there was nothing new and nothing that we couldn't have read ourselves earlier. 

But copying and quoting from the likes of Facebook, mumsnet or Reddit is not journalism.

It was on Newsbeat - that's just Buzzfeed youth mag stuff, not the actual Beeb.

Not to argue with the general point, of course.

1 hour ago, msc said:

It was on Newsbeat - that's just Buzzfeed youth mag stuff, not the actual Beeb.

Not to argue with the general point, of course.

I know, but Spade seemed to take it seriously, which is why I made the observation that there was no direct source.

On 28/06/2017 at 15:13, Spade_Cooley said:

BBC "final stage" coverage means that he must be really close, they tend not to shoot their bolt if someone's still got a few months left. Dead by the time the winning putt is made in The Open imho.

I took that to mean in general rather than the specificness. He did work for a BBC show, right?

12 minutes ago, Bass said:

I have respect for Stefán Karl, but having a statue of robbie rotten in the middle of your town? Nobody can take that seriously. A björk statue will come before that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

I have respect for Stefán Karl, but having a statue of robbie rotten in the middle of your town? Nobody can take that seriously. A björk statue will come before that.

Well, it's true that Björk's fame level exceeds Stefán's (and any other Icelander's), but (1) thanks god, she is unlikely to die in the near future (age 51, no terminal illness); (2) she was born in the capital, Reykjavík, where more than a third of the population lives.

Stefán, on the other hand, is expected to expire pretty soon (this year), and was born in a smaller town called Hafnarfjörður, where he could be one of the most famous former residents (Gylfi Sigurðsson of Swansea might be the other one). And they would like to honour Stefán Karl, the actor; not Robbie Rotten, the cartoon figure.

But since this petition was started by a guy from the UK, I'm not sure how much support they have in Iceland...

• Like 5

If a guy from a cult children show/meme get's a statue, then every member of Sigur Ros should get 2.

• Like 1

tbh there is a statue of Simone fucking Perotta in England, it's a low bar to cross.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

tbh there is a statue of Simone fucking Perotta in England, it's a low bar to cross.

Really?  That's a bit .... risqué. 

Who are Simone and Perotta?

• Like 7

I didn't know there's a statue of Nina Simone or Tom Perotta in England...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

I didn't know there's a statue of Nina Simone or Tom Perotta in England...

There is a statue representing Simone who fucks Perotta, that's what I understood.

EDIT: came too late...

:lol: I just noticed that. Carry on...

First post on his instagram since June 16th. Sounds kind of grim. The tone of his captions has changed from "I'm doing great and thank you" to "Thank you for giving me hope."

Well, what do you expect from a man who was just told his cancer is terminal.

IMG_2544.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

First post on his instagram since June 16th. Sounds kind of grim. The tone of his captions has changed from "I'm doing great and thank you" to "Thank you for giving me hope."

Well, what do you expect from a man who was just told his cancer is terminal.

IMG_2544.JPG

I thought he would be dead by now. It just seems as if it's a matter of days now. 

42 Today!:birthday: Hope it is a good one under the circumstances seeing as it is his last.

• Like 5

Any of our Icelandic brothers able to translate this post his wife made to FB:

20 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Any of our Icelandic brothers able to translate this post his wife made to FB:

She is notalgically looking back on their past and she is looking forward to her Stefan and the kids starting a tour of Iceland in a campervan.She acknowledges it is a crazy idea Stefan suggested while drugged in hospital 

She has also published a 3 second video of him .He looks gaunt and has cpearly lost a couple of stone very recently.