Spade_Cooley

Stefan Karl Stefansson

Stefansson would be for me a "thingy from wotsit" sort of a celeb, if I was outside the deadpooling bubble...

• Like 2

Yeah, had it not been for deadpooling, I wouldn't of remembered Lazy Town in my younger days in any way, shape, or form...

2 hours ago, charon said:

Not really famous. At all.

I sort of have to disagree with you on your wording, but not on the main point of Stefán not being a particularly 'deathlisty name'. 

Even the majority people who watched or had kids that watched Lazy Town or at least were aware that the show existed might not have known (recognised) 'the actor who played Robbie Rotten' until the show's head writer (and the internet meme factories) started promoting him and his fundraiser in late 2016. But at least he is still a proper actor, not a "cancer mum" or a "brave teenager" facing imminent death…

• Like 2

Nah, pish. Minor part of which ever country that it was shown in would know him. Kids don't count as they don't dead pool. So that leaves you with females that bothered to supervise their weans television in a 5 year span in minimal countries. Total non entity.

• Like 1

Hmm, still fairly active (three weeks ago):

Edit: Though I guess not really much new, I was just surprised to find that there was video of him around. I thought he'd be bedridden by now.

Should he stay or should he go? If he goes it will be (13 points on the DDP) trouble. If he stays it will be (a 26 point joker next year) double...So the cancer oughta let him know, should he stay or should he go.

The indecison's not really bugging me, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Would ne staggered if he made next year.

21 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Edit: Though I guess not really much new, I was just surprised to find that there was video of him around. I thought he'd be bedridden by now.

He looks awful though.

26 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Northest you can go? That's really poor grammar that he said lol...

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Northest you can go? That's really poor grammar that he said lol...

Well, he's an Icelander and his first language is Icelandic so why'd he speak flawless English? Besides, "furthest north" (or "northernmost") just doesn't sound as cool as northest. ;)

16 hours ago, GossipGabe said:

Well, he's an Icelander and his first language is Icelandic so why'd he speak flawless English? Besides, "furthest north" (or "northernmost") just doesn't sound as cool as northest. ;)

I had an Iraqi business partner who, instead of saying underneath, said 'under the neath', which I have adopted cuz it's just funny, period.  So now people look at me crazy but I don't care.

SC

• Haha 2

I check out his wife's Facebook almost daily.

Looks like Stefan Karl is still doing a lot of travelling and sight-seeing with the family. A bucket list perhaps?

I could see him surviving a couple more months. 

On 2017-08-08 at 21:30, gcreptile said:

Which of the five stages of the Kubler-Ross model is he at in this video?

1. Denial: He's convinced that the docs are wrong, and that he's not really terminally ill so he goes on to vacation instead of laying in bed all day anxious as hell.

2. Anger: He's angry at the world for his fate and thus decides to ditch civilization for this remote place and live like a hermit.

3. Bargaining: He holds the false hope of meeting (and negotiating with) Santa Claus to cure him from his illness: It wasn't he who is a bad guy, it was Robbie. Put in a good word for God, please Santa!!!!

4. Depression: If you're depressed and nothing in life gives you any joy any longer, then northern fecking Iceland is just the right place to sulk.

5. Acceptance: It's been a childhood dream of his to come there, and he's trying to live life to the fullest while he's still here by making a bucket list.

5 I reckon.He is doing a tour with his family as he knows as soon as the cancer re _grows he is a goner.

Yes, he doesn't expect to be around at Christmas.

Ah, he wont be around in a years time, so if he wants to make the most of now with trips while he can, more power to him.

Apparently, he's on the mend.

Dunno how reliable this is. Said to have been reported on Icelandic TV.

Er, I'll wait for a more reliable source, but that is potentially a huge surprise indeed. It might also serve the committee right to not include him on this year's list then...

He's been "in remission" twice this year, for Stage IV pancreatic/other stuff in that area of the body cancer. And it returns swiftly because it's Stage IV pancreatic/other stuff in that area of the body cancer.

I'm full James Randi on this news, till proven otherwise.

Yes, though since it's his second time that he is in remission, I think that it might be years before the cancer comes back and gets him for good. 

On the other hand, this is very good news for golden slumbers, who now really only have to worry about Elias (who will die), Booth (who probably will die) and Meads (who might die) from taking the title from him at this point...

• Like 1

Now some sites in English are talking about it (not in the U.K. mind). I must say, I did not know he was writing a stand up comedy routine with another actor. 

Good for him...

Still think he's fecked (given his cancer is relentless and nearly always reoccurs - remember just how brief his first remission was?) but we're getting late enough in the year that he feels more like a 2018 fatality at this point. Which pretty much closes the window on my DDP chances this year.

His cancer will likely return within a couple months. But even then, I wouldn't rule out him putting it into remission at least one more time. And if he doesn't, he'll still last a few months yet. He's a fighter, and has amazing luck. So, either way, he's almost certain to make 2018.

1 hour ago, Death Impends said:

He feels more like a 2018 fatality at this point. Which pretty much closes the window on my DDP chances this year.

Same here. I mean, I wasn't expecting to win anyway, and my chances weren't ever as great as yours, but I was hoping to at least achieve a top 5 spot.

But now, it looks like I'll barely get anymore hits. Byrne, Salmon, Hallenga, Loughlin, and Spiridonov aren't anywhere near death. Gilbert, Ricketts, and Stefansson look like they'll make 2018. Bracknell and Downie might still die this year, but that doesn't matter cause everybody has them (in fact, it might be better for me if they don't die, so people who jokered them don't gain on me). My last hope is King Michael, still likely to die, not a universal pick. But he's not exactly a rare pick either...

27 minutes ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

His cancer will likely return within a couple months. But even then, I wouldn't rule out him putting it into remission at least one more time. And if he doesn't, he'll still last a few months yet. He's a fighter, and has amazing luck. So, either way, he's almost certain to make 2018.

Same here. I mean, I wasn't expecting to win anyway, and my chances weren't ever as great as yours, but I was hoping to at least achieve a top 5 spot.

But now, it looks like I'll barely get anymore hits. Byrne, Salmon, Hallenga, Loughlin, and Spiridonov aren't anywhere near death. Gilbert, Ricketts, and Stefansson look like they'll make 2018. Bracknell and Downie might still die this year, but that doesn't matter cause everybody has them (in fact, it might be better for me if they don't die, so people who jokered them don't gain on me). My last hope is King Michael, still likely to die, not a universal pick. But he's not exactly a rare pick either...

The way things are going, I might steal that Top 5 slot from you after all. But not with my main team! The B-Team has Colin Meads and I think Herbert Kretzmer could be dead any day.

I'm getting to the point where I say "No more deaths this year - I take it as it is."

• Like 1

Yeah I still wouldnt recommend him buying a 2018 diary yet.

• Like 1