Spade_Cooley

Stefan Karl Stefansson

Oh it'll be back. He won't have much of 2018. If he and the other heavyweights of 2017 make it, I predict, we'll see the first team with 20 hits next year.

23 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I'm getting to the point where I say "No more deaths this year - I take it as it is."

I know the feeling (although I think you can still get Rayya and Connie).

I'm definitely now more in the mood of looking forward for 2018 and thinking about my new picks, than being sad about all the shitty decisions I made for 2017.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Oh it'll be back. He won't have much of 2018. If he and the other heavyweights of 2017 make it, I predict, we'll see the first team with 20 hits next year.

You say that, but even the top teams talk themselves into a sneaky Luke Halpin.

4 minutes ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

I know the feeling (although I think you can still get Rayya and Connie).

I'm definitely now more in the mood of looking forward for 2018 and thinking about my new picks, than being sad about all the shitty decisions I made for 2017.

Aye, same here. Next year, my joker won't be FFBI (even if I think there's a chance of them being unique), but I'm excited for 2018, because I will be trying to get a better score than this year. I'm looking at the younger picks I found so far, some definitely will make my team if they make, and others are kind of risky as well. I think I already know one find, however, that is likely a fraud, and need to remember not to put them on my team. If they make out the year, Al-Baghdadi, Davies, and Loughlin will definitely be at the chopping block, and there could be more as well...

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Aye, same here. Next year, my joker won't be FFBI (even if I think there's a chance of them being unique), but I'm excited for 2018, because I will be trying to get a better score than this year. I'm looking at the younger picks I found so far, some definitely will make my team if they make, and others are kind of risky as well. I think I already know one find, however, that is likely a fraud, and need to remember not to put them on my team. If they make out the year, Al-Baghdadi, Davies, and Loughlin will definitely be at the chopping block, and there could be more as well...

Learned a lot of lessons from this year. Got some new research strategies. Very excited to see how much progress I'll make.

And, yes, Loughlin's getting the chopping block.

"I'm NOT free of the danger yet, but I'm free of the metastases. I have refused any further adjuvant therapy, chemo or radiation, since there is less than 3% chance of it making any difference, but more likely it will make me more and more sick.

He should be Number One on the next Deathlist.

• Like 2

That makes a lot more sense now. If he was cancer free, there would be a big chance of me dropping him from my team in 2018 since relapse could happen in years, but being free of metastasis makes me more likely to keep since relapse will probably happen sooner probably than later...

So they got the tumour in his liver, but the primary tumour in the bile duct is still there.

He also says that he doesn't want any more chemo, or radiation or whatever - only surgery or nothing.

Sounds like he's limiting his options to either all or nothing. Which could be a game changer depending what year the surgery happens, if it happens at all...

2 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

He's beginning to look more and more like Morrissey

Poor guy, he has enough problems at the moment without having to deal with that too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Looking back at previous posts, it looks like the people who said Stefansson would definitely die before Meads were wrong. Shows you can never tell...

Grooms his cat:

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Grooms his cat:

Looks decent enough. Though it doesn’t give us any insight on how his surgery or nothing stance with cancer is (yeah, I know a cat grooming video wouldn’t give a hint but I thought we’d receive something by now)...

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Grooms his cat:

Woah woah woah slow down cowboy! Not all of us are young and fearless!

I groom a Maine Coon almost every day. It ain't a task for the weak and helpless, let me tell you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RishCast said:

I guess it's time to bring some life to this thread since we can 100% confirm he still has his cancer.

He's a new Daisy Berkowitz. At some point it's going to get him.

One for 2018. 

The clock starts ticking now I guess, but I really hope he survives the next 33 days...

• Like 1

I hope the committee reconsider his fame level and put him on DL 2018.

• Like 3