Spade_Cooley

Stefan Karl Stefansson

He's a goner, this isn't some Wilko Johnson deal, this is a guy with stage 4 pancan who has finished his treatment and will now have a decent enough quality of life before a rapid escalation into hospitalisation and death within two weeks some time between November 2017 and February 2018.

• Like 4

To add to the choir, it's now a clear case for 2018 for me. Martin Crowe-like.

He won't have a long life. The question here is if he can see the year out, not become a centenarIan.

Well then, I might already have my joker for 2018, and it's only February...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joeyruss said:

Well then, I might already have my joker for 2018, and it's only February...

That's if he makes it...

Once again think that we're too early in the year for him to be a full write off. The cancer will strike back, just a matter of when...

5 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Once again think that we're too early in the year for him to be a full write off. The cancer will strike back, just a matter of when...

Aye, remember Ray Price? Pancreatic cancer always wins.

3 minutes ago, msc said:

Aye, remember Ray Price? Pancreatic cancer always wins.

Cough cough *John Hurt* cough cough 

1 minute ago, joeyruss said:

Cough cough *John Hurt* cough cough 

15 months from remission to death.

The upshot is: there'll be once less Icelandic male for sure, for those "1 in everyone 200 Icelandic men just beat England" stats when they qualify for the 2018 World Cup.

Health update here, but Google Translate isn't really helping me take much from it:

Well, all the cancer treatments are finally over and you can start building up after this shock. Took my doctor this morning, confirming this to me.
This has been a long and strict over six months of treatment-hryna, but now we are getting back up. The rays continue to work and affect me for a few months, but I can promise you that I got up before long, I'm not bothered to lie a lot longer with my toes up.
Thanks for all the support and the pat on your back, it's priceless when you walk through something like that, and although I'm not quite 100% up, I remind you that I'm quite coffeey and on the stroll, despite being a little relaxed.
We'll see you so much on the stroll in the summertime.

2018 confirmed.

I'm not 100% sure about that, but it's certainly likely.

55 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Per Twitter chatter, metastases have been discovered in his liver. Still may be operable apparently but even so, a recurrence only about half-a-year from major surgery seems ominous :pop:

In his AMA on Reddit, some of his "how they found out" information did suggest liver issues. One of my reasons for taking a direct 2017 punt on him.

I know you know this already...

Well pancreatic cancer has a 93% fatality rate so I thought he was worth a punt BTW amazed Colin Mead's is still alive.

50 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Well pancreatic cancer has a 93% fatality rate so I thought he was worth a punt BTW amazed Colin Mead's is still alive.

Stefán will go way earlier than Colin Meads.

3 minutes ago, jackschlotter said:

Someone get him some Gold Water.

18 minutes ago, jackschlotter said:

Colin Meads: Challenge accepted!

I don't know who'll go first between Stefansson and Meads. More importantly though, this is probably the end of Golden Slumbers chance of victory sadly.

So I guess my main team still has a 20/20 chance - but at some point, they actually have to start dying! I think I have at least 6 people "on the clock" as of now (Edit: Though actually, Daisy Berkowitz is probably ok for now, so it's 19/20 at most, realistically.)

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I don't know who'll go first between Stefansson and Meads. More importantly though, this is probably the end of Golden Slumbers chance of victory sadly.

As I always say: it doesn't matter who a team doesn't have as long as the people they do have die.

GS has the all popular Gord-Leah-Errol-Mikey quartet, plus dead-certs like Van-Zan, Cryne and Nevin if she ain't a fraud. Can't rule out the rest either.

59 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

As I always say: it doesn't matter who a team doesn't have as long as the people they do have die.

GS has the all popular Gord-Leah-Errol-Mikey quartet, plus dead-certs like Van-Zan, Cryne and Nevin if she ain't a fraud. Can't rule out the rest either.

Ah, I'm thinking though that not having the trio of Gilbert, Meads, and Stefansson will cost him. They're worth more than Van-Zan, Cryne, and Nevin (though she may be fraud). I'm not ruling him out though, he certainly got a chance, just needs Brockenshire to survive (looking likely), and Singh not to obit, as well as Ricketts dying to definitely win. 

His gofundme page updated yesterday with the above news, confirming the Twitter chatter:

https://www.gofundme.com/2tm9tqk

Coincidentally, I compared his case to Patrick Swayze today. Swayze also initially responded well to treatment, but then it metastasized to the liver and it went downhill from there. Swayze died 20 months after the diagnosis, and 9 months after it spread to the liver for the first time. Chemo apparently beat it back for a while until it returned to his liver and then five months later he died. So I'd say Stefan's death will most likely occur between Octobre 2017 and February 2018. However, Swayze was a chain smoker, but also in good physical shape before the illness. And Swayze was a bit older. So Stefan Karl is still slightly more likely to die in 2018 than in 2017, I'd say. 60-40 chance or something like that. 

• Like 1

Stage 4 pancreatic cancer now.A must have for next year if he is still breathing then.

33 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

His gofundme page updated yesterday with the above news, confirming the Twitter chatter:

https://www.gofundme.com/2tm9tqk

Coincidentally, I compared his case to Patrick Swayze today. Swayze also initially responded well to treatment, but then it metastasized to the liver and it went downhill from there. Swayze died 20 months after the diagnosis, and 9 months after it spread to the liver for the first time. Chemo apparently beat it back for a while until it returned to his liver and then five months later he died. So I'd say Stefan's death will most likely occur between Octobre 2017 and February 2018. However, Swayze was a chain smoker, but also in good physical shape before the illness. And Swayze was a bit older. So Stefan Karl is still slightly more likely to die in 2018 than in 2017, I'd say. 60-40 chance or something like that. 

However was more buff than Stefan making him fair for better than scrawy Stefan.