Sean

Fantasy Football Deathlist Style

Whilst looking at my longlists for the DDP it struck me just how many footballers were on it and really decent candidates.We have the Alzheimers epidemic substance abuse and mental health issues in many former footballers.So I thought lets do a deathlist fantasy football competition.Here are the rules:

1)Pick 15 names of current or former professional footballers from any level or era.As long as they are alive and you expect to be able to find any professional death notice/obituary.

2) You need the following set of players

2 Goalkeepers

5 Midfielders

5 Defenders

3 Strikers

(As long as the player has it one point professionally worked in that position at some point in their career)

3)Out of the 15 players please designate your main team of 11 players.Any format is ok as long as you have a goalkeer at least one striker and least 3 Defenders.

4)The game is live from today 22nd December and will close on 10th January at 23:59.

5)The season ends at the same time the premier league does.The next season will start directly after though to avoid people potentially missing hits!

6)Scoring:a reserve will give you one point a main player 3 and a team captain will give you 6 points.

7)Most points at end of season wins.

8)You get to replace a hit whenever one dies

9)No transfer days.Too tricky for me to keep up with that amount of changes.As death by numbers showed I am crap at complex calculations.

10)Best of British luck.

I'm sure many of us will be thinking "Oh no Sean, not another dead pool," only to post a team hours later. :D

• Like 5

My team:Shaun's Rovers

Entire team:(15)

Goalkeepers:

Gordon Banks

Peter Bonetti

Midfielders:

Martin Peters

Nobby Stiles

Paul Madeley

Ray Kennedy

Steve Sumner

Defenders

Peter Swan (born 1936)

Ray Wilson

Jack Charlton

George Cohen

Jimmy Armfield

Strikers:

Gerd Muller

Jimmy Greaves

Ian St John

Main team:(11)

Goalkeeper:Peter Bonetti

Defenders:Peter Swan Jack Charlton Ray Wilson George Cohen

Midfielders:Nobby Stiles Martin Peters Steve Sumner Ray Kennedy

Strikers:Jimmy Greaves Gerd Muller (Captain)

I'm sure many of us will be thinking "Oh no Sean, not another dead pool," only to post a team hours later. :D

I might have a problem with deadpools but this will be the last one I ever do.Hand on heart.I am not going to be walking properly for a few months so have too much time on my hands.

• Like 2

This is completely outwith my comfort zone.

I simply can't participate, sorry.

Whilst looking at my longlists for the DDP it struck me just how many footballers were on it and really decent candidates.We have the Alzheimers epidemic substance abuse and mental health issues in many former footballers.So I rhought lets do a deathlist fantasy football competition.Here are the rules:

1)Pick 15 names of current or former professional footballers from any level or era.As long as they are alive and you expect to be able to find any professional death notice/obituary.

2) You need the following set of players

2 Goalkeepers

5 Midfielders

5 Defenders

3 Strikers

(As long as the player has it one point professionally worked in that position at some point in their career)

3)Out of the 15 players please designate your main team of 11 players.Any format is ok as long as you have a goalkeer at least one striker and least 3 Defenders.

4)The game is live from today 22nd December and will close on 10th January at 23:59.

5)The season ends at the same time the premier league does.The next season will start directly after though to avoid people potentially missing hits!

6)Scoring:a reserve will give you one point a main player 3 and a team captain will give you 6 points.

7)Most points at end of season wins.

8)You get to replace a hit whenever one dies

9)No transfer days.Too tricky for me to keep up with that amount of changes.As death by numbers showed I am crap at complex calculations.

10)Best of British luck.

Wrong football for Sir Creep lol.

• Like 1

I've been waiting for something like this. Hopefully you'll accept FourFourTwo for obits :smileyd:

Snares Island Senators

Goalkeeprs

Peter Bonetti

Antonio Carbajal

Defenders

Jimmy Armfield

Nobby Stiles

Fahrundin Jusufi

Jan Lala

Giacomo Losi

Midfielders

Ron Flowers

George Eastham

Paul Gascoigne

Dragoslav Sekularac

Mengalvio

Strikers

Jimmy Greaves

Roger Hunt

Jozsef Toth

Main 11 in bold

I've been waiting for something like this. Hopefully you'll accept FourFourTwo for obits :smileyd:

Snares Island Senators

Goalkeeprs

Peter Bonetti

Antonio Carbajal

Defenders

Jimmy Armfield

Nobby Stiles

Fahrundin Jusufi

Jan Lala

Giacomo Losi

Midfielders

Ron Flowers

George Eastham

Paul Gascoigne

Dragoslav Sekularac

Mengalvio

Strikers

Jimmy Greaves

Roger Hunt

Jozsef Toth

Main 11 in bold

Absolutely!Welcome to the game!

Snares Island Senators

Goalkeeprs

Peter Bonetti

Antonio Carbajal

Defenders

Jimmy Armfield

Nobby Stiles

Fahrundin Jusufi

Jan Lala

Giacomo Losi

Midfielders

Ron Flowers

George Eastham

Paul Gascoigne

Dragoslav Sekularac

Mengalvio

Strikers

Jimmy Greaves

Roger Hunt

Jozsef Toth

Main 11 in bold

Absolutely!Welcome to the game!Who is your captain though?

Damn never was good at following instructions. Jimmy Armfield Captain/Joker.

Question: are players only allowed to select certain players on certain categories?

Question: are players only allowed to select certain players on certain categories?

They have to have played in that position professionally at any given time in their career.

Places still open.If no one else wants to join I am happy to go head to head with rockhopperpenguin.i will exxtend the deadline though if anyone wants to pitch in.A lot of low hanging fruit about.

• Like 1

Here is, quite literally, a scratch side.

2 Goalkeepers

Gordon Banks

Antonio Carbajal

5 Midfielders

Nobby Stiles

Hans Schafer

Horst Eckel

Martin Peters

Tostao

5 Defenders

Franz Beckenbauer

George Haigh

George Cohen

Carlos Puyol

John Terry

3 Strikers

Billy Simpson (captain)

Jimmy Greaves

Ian St John

• Like 1

I guess you could call this the Liver Pool.

I'll get my coat

Squad declaration for the Liver Pool:

First team:
GK: Ted Burgin
DF: Tommy Banks
DF: Bill Slater
DF: Ray Wilson
DF: Roy Bentley
MF: Peter Lorimer (Replaces Steve Sumner)
MF: Albert Quixall
MF: Fernando Ricksen
MF: Nobby Stiles
ST: Jimmy Greaves
ST: Ivor Broadis

Subs Bench:
GK: Colin McDonald
DF: Franz Beckenbauer
MF: Castor Cantero
ST: Ian St John

Hits:
Steve Sumner

Edit: Hi there, Scottish Sun readers who've found this post. Nice to see you, maybe join the community some time? Regards, Choppy xx

• Like 2

We are a basket of deplorable much like the Sun readers.For the record I hope Ricksen has a long and happy life ahead of him as distant a prospect as that is.I don`t wish death on any individual in this pool.Death happens though regardless of whether dead pools exist or not.

We are a basket of deplorable much like the Sun readers.For the record I hope Ricksen has a long and happy life ahead of him as distant a prospect as that is.I don`t wish death on any individual in this pool.Death happens though regardless of whether dead pools exist or not.

True indeed. I usually use the site to take my mind off my own fast-approaching death.

True indeed. I usually use the site to take my mind off my own fast-approaching death.

Sorry to hear that.Hope you are still around for a while yet old chap.

Sorry to hear that.Hope you are still around for a while yet old chap.

Thanks very much :)

Now you made the news, can we put you on our DDP teams? (I do hope you last a while though).

Now you made the news, can we put you on our DDP teams?

Too soon

In the heat of all this, I forgot I had two Fernando Ricksens in my team! (fixed)

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/2017/02/new-zealand-football-legend-steve-sumner-dies.html

Steve Sumner dies, giving myself and Shaun the first hit of the competition.

Also, whoever had Billy Simpson as captain (Msc, I think?), it's your lucky day, as he's dead as well.

(then I realise I forgot to pick a captain. Bollocks.)

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/2017/02/new-zealand-football-legend-steve-sumner-dies.html

Also, whoever had Billy Simpson as captain (Msc, I think?), it's your lucky day, as he's dead as well.

You can pick one now.Also you get to replace Sumner.

I am replacing Sumner`s place with Stan Bowles .