Joey Russ

Ideas And Possibilities For 2018

Alexander Thynn, the 7th Marquess of Bath will be 85 this year. One to watch. Wessex Regionalist and former hereditary peer.

Oi! You been reading my Hare's Pool entry?

Ha ha!

I never really bothered reading other people's entries when I ran the thing (just ctrl + f'd when someone vaguely notable died to see if they were picked), I'm hardly going to start now am I!

Was just thinking about Animal Park as due to all the repeats couldn't work out when it officially finished airing!

• Like 1

Alexander Thynn, the 7th Marquess of Bath will be 85 this year. One to watch. Wessex Regionalist and former hereditary peer.

Oi! You been reading my Hare's Pool entry?

Ha ha!

I never really bothered reading other people's entries when I ran the thing (just ctrl + f'd when someone vaguely notable died to see if they were picked), I'm hardly going to start now am I!

Was just thinking about Animal Park as due to all the repeats couldn't work out when it officially finished airing!

Just picked him this year as I was reading about something and his name cropped up. Thought I'd get a unique on the game with him.

I've got him on the Not the List of the Missed theme team.

Bobby lloyd Hicks, drummer for Dave Albin & The Guilty Men is suffering from double pneumonia

And what about the father of Michael Jackson? He is too old and frail.

• Like 1

Biggest omission from the 2017 list is John Wetton of Asia/King Crimson/UK etc.

Here's his latest statement

"January 11th 2017--- A PERSONAL STATEMENT FROM JOHN WETTON

I am disappointed to announce that, on the advice of my medical team, I have to withdraw from Cruise to the Edge, and from the first leg of the Journey tour, March 15 - April 4.

I will soon be starting a new medical chemotherapy procedure, under which I will not be able to fly.

I am grateful to the promoters of the cruise. I wish them pleasant sailing and I know my friends on the cruise, both artists and fans, will have a ball on the ocean wave, I will be with you all in spirit.

My good friend Billy Sherwood will fill in for me within Asia, keeping my seat warm during the initial 12 Journey dates. While I am naturally disappointed to miss the beginning of what I know will be an historic ASIA tour, I am intending to return to the stage with Asia later in 2017, dates soon to be announced.I know this decision will be in the best interests of my health and our fans, in the long run.

John Wetton

Bournemouth

England

January 11th. 2017"

Anyone who's seen his recent photos and his sudden marriage in December will not be surprised by the above.

Biggest omission from the 2017 list is John Wetton of Asia/King Crimson/UK etc.

Here's his latest statement

"January 11th 2017--- A PERSONAL STATEMENT FROM JOHN WETTON

I am disappointed to announce that, on the advice of my medical team, I have to withdraw from Cruise to the Edge, and from the first leg of the Journey tour, March 15 - April 4.

I will soon be starting a new medical chemotherapy procedure, under which I will not be able to fly.

I am grateful to the promoters of the cruise. I wish them pleasant sailing and I know my friends on the cruise, both artists and fans, will have a ball on the ocean wave, I will be with you all in spirit.

My good friend Billy Sherwood will fill in for me within Asia, keeping my seat warm during the initial 12 Journey dates. While I am naturally disappointed to miss the beginning of what I know will be an historic ASIA tour, I am intending to return to the stage with Asia later in 2017, dates soon to be announced.I know this decision will be in the best interests of my health and our fans, in the long run.

John Wetton

Bournemouth

England

January 11th. 2017"

Anyone who's seen his recent photos and his sudden marriage in December will not be surprised by the above.

:pop::skill2:

I feel like, while many knew of how ill he was due to his photos, he still seems a bit insidery if you know what I mean.

I feel like, while many knew of how ill he was due to his photos, he still seems a bit insidery if you know what I mean.

I know what you mean.I know who ASIA where but not him.

Wetton was the bassist for King Crimson on their later albums. I know that doesn't increase his fame rating but musically Starless and Bible Black is far superior to anything Asia released.

Wetton was the bassist for King Crimson on their later albums. I know that doesn't increase his fame rating but musically Starless and Bible Black is far superior to anything Asia released.

That's true of all members of the band. Asia should t apologize for making some radio pop with a hint of prog.

SC

That's true of all members of the band. Asia should t apologize for making some radio pop with a hint of prog.

SC

Oh I think they should :-)
  • Like 1

Barbara Bush will be 93 next year and Rosalynn Carter will be 91.

If there's room (like if their husbands were to die this year), they should be included on the Deathlist, to keep up the tradition of getting both the President and his First Lady as hits.

Barbara Bush is one evil demonic entity. Mean, stuck-up woman.

I have him in my 2017 list. Joe was so abusive to his kids and former wife. Hope the Grim Reaper takes him sooner and not later. Hopefully he is being kept away from all his grandkids. He screwed up his kids. Unforgivable.

• Like 1

I have him in my 2017 list. Joe was so abusive to his kids and former wife. Hope the Grim Reaper takes him sooner and not later. Hopefully he is being kept away from all his grandkids. He screwed up his kids. Unforgivable.

......as opposed to his late son screwing kids. Allegedly.

• Like 1

While studying Romeo and Juliet this afternoon, I noticed that the director of the 1968 movie version, Franco Zeffirelli, is still alive at the age of 93. I'd say he'd likely get an obit from at least one major paper.

• Like 1

While studying Romeo and Juliet this afternoon, I noticed that the director of the 1968 movie version, Franco Zeffirelli, is still alive at the age of 93. I'd say he'd likely get an obit from at least one major paper.

He was Knighted in 2004 and is a Bafta Winner. He will get mentioned by most British papers.

• Like 1

Fiona Apple

If you google her name every pic of her from the last 5 years or so she looks like she has Anorexia,Heroin or Crystal Meth problem. If she is not among one of the big music deaths in the next few years I will be shocked. Almost tempted to have some kind of under 45 or Music theme team next year and make her my Joker.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/music/351117/christy-dignam-on-his-fear-of-death-as-he-reveals-why-hes-been-working-so-hard-in-what-could-be-his-final-months/

Christy Dignam, lead singer with Irish band Aslan, is looking fairly ill at the moment, and he has amyloidosis - which is incurable, if I recall correctly. He thinks he may only have 6 months left in him.

If he goes, he'll definitely get obits in all the Irish papers. Possibly a good pick for 2018 as he's only in his fifties.

(Yeah I know it's from December by the way)

Dignam's been claiming near death since Sir Creep was a mere OBE...

• Like 5

Dignam's been claiming near death since Sir Creep was a mere OBE...

Fair point, but the guy looks terrible.

Also, just discovered that Pearl Carr and Teddy Johnson (duet who represented UK in the Eurovision) are still alive at the ages of 95 and 97, living in a retirement home for entertainers.

Apologies for the constant posting, but Atal Bihari Vajpayee, former Indian PM, still alive at 92. He has both dementia and diabetes.

Apologies for the constant posting, but Atal Bihari Vajpayee, former Indian PM, still alive at 92. He has both dementia and diabetes.

Trust me, there are people who post more constantly than you...