Joey Russ

Ideas And Possibilities For 2018

Apologies for the constant posting, but Atal Bihari Vajpayee, former Indian PM, still alive at 92. He has both dementia and diabetes.

Trust me, there are people who post more constantly than you...

Well that's a relief.

Apologies for the constant posting, but Atal Bihari Vajpayee, former Indian PM, still alive at 92. He has both dementia and diabetes.

Trust me, there are people who post more constantly than you...

I wouldn't have a clue what your on about.

Wasn't someone banging on about the heavy bias towards US/UK names on the Deathlist? I can't remember where I saw it.

Anyway, why don't some of our European posters suggest say 10 significant names from their own country in this thread for next year for the DL Committee to consider? Might redress the balance somewhat.

Just a thought...

Wasn't someone banging on about the heavy bias towards US/UK names on the Deathlist? I can't remember where I saw it.

Anyway, why don't some of our European posters suggest say 10 significant names from their own country in this thread for next year for the DL Committee to consider? Might redress the balance somewhat.

Just a thought...

I've something planned next year like that, but if you want a few Irish names for next year:

-Gay Byrne (already on DL)

-Christy Dignam (he's ill, no denying)

-Liam Cosgrave (former Irish politician and Taoiseach (like Prime Minister), currently 96)

-Niall Toibin (Irish comedian and actor, currently 87)

-Edna O'Brien (author of highly controversial The Country Girls, currently 86)

-Big Tom (of Big Tom and the Mainliners fame, currently 80, bit of an outside shot really)

-Van Morrison (strictly speaking he's from Norn Iron, but he's looked frail lately)

• Like 2

Just a thought...

Even though I'm British and just living in France, I'll give you five, although none of them are particularly ground-breaking and have probably been mentioned before;

Brigitte Bardot (82)

Jacques Chirac (84)

Jean Marie Le Pen (88)

Simone Veil (89)

Valéry Giscard d'Estaing (90)

• Like 1

Giorgio Napolitano (former president, born 1925)

Arnaldo Forlani (former Prime Minister, born 1925)

Monica Vitti (actress, born 1931)

Paolo Villaggio (actor, born 1932)

Gina Lollobrigida (actress, born 1927)

Franca Valeri (actress, born 1920)

Gillo Dorfles (art critic, born 1910)

Salvatore Riina (Mafia boss, born 1930)

Sergio Zavoli (Legend of broadasting, born 1923)

Sophia Loren (actress, born 1934)

Didn't mention Silvio Berlusconi. It's definitely too early for him.

• Like 1

Super rockin' bassist of Belly and all-round amazing person Gail Greenwood has penned a missive about being diagnosed with endometrial cancer. For anyone who caught the Belly shows last summer this will have come as a surprise to say the least. Mind you, I know it's the treatment that usually makes you feel ill and not the actual cancer itself.

Almost certainly - and I really hope because she's a really cool and lovely person, and I feel a bit shitty even mentioning her - not a contender as she's super fit and healthy, but cancer does run in her family so...

We're getting somewhere, thanks all!

Hoping for a more diverse DL next year...we don't want to become the Oscars y'know...

Sophia Loren (actress, born 1934)

Sophia Loren is still alive? Well, you learn something new every day...

Paolo Villaggio (actor, born 1932)

In an interview for Italian journal Il Giornale Villaggio says he has a week to live. This is dated back 12 January. Doubt he'll really go tomorrow.

http://ilgiornaleoff.ilgiornale.it/2017/01/12/villaggio-penso-di-avere-una-settimana-di-vita-e-non-nostalgia-di-fantozzi/

• Like 1

Anna Irwin

Award winning military pilot and bucket-list babe getting tabloid coverage

Cancer is incurable

33956192.jpg

Dignam's been claiming near death since Sir Creep was a mere OBE...

Fair point, but the guy looks terrible.

Also, just discovered that Pearl Carr and Teddy Johnson (duet who represented UK in the Eurovision) are still alive at the ages of 95 and 97, living in a retirement home for entertainers.

I believe that is Brinsworth House.

Super rockin' bassist of Belly and all-round amazing person Gail Greenwood has penned a missive about being diagnosed with endometrial cancer. For anyone who caught the Belly shows last summer this will have come as a surprise to say the least. Mind you, I know it's the treatment that usually makes you feel ill and not the actual cancer itself.

Almost certainly - and I really hope because she's a really cool and lovely person, and I feel a bit shitty even mentioning her - not a contender as she's super fit and healthy, but cancer does run in her family so...

That is a shame. I saw Belly at Glastonbury in 1993 and 1995 and Gail certainly had presence. Much as I love their songs, I always thought Tanya Donnelly wasn't the best of live vocalists, so the bouncing bassist always provided an interesting diversion.

I won't post the link, but on one of the YouTube videos of Belly's 1993 Glastonbury performance there is grainy footage of a very young and rather drug addled DDT happily moshing along to Feed The Tree. Good times!

• Like 1

As a Belly aside...

I was referring to 'feed the tree' as 'shake the tree' to someone a couple of days ago <Alzheimers><hadn't saw the post on here> , and was convinced it was by Throwing Muses.

Think it ultimately was 'fall down'.

My thought processes are fucked as the years advance.

Dignam's been claiming near death since Sir Creep was a mere OBE...

Fair point, but the guy looks terrible.

Also, just discovered that Pearl Carr and Teddy Johnson (duet who represented UK in the Eurovision) are still alive at the ages of 95 and 97, living in a retirement home for entertainers.

I believe that is Brinsworth House.

Correct. Also home of Richard O'Sullivan and Steve from the Clark Brothers.

Most notable quote: "This is not my first ride at the cancer rodeo, and without the provisions of the ACA (such as

prohibiting the denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions and outlawing yearly and lifetime caps) I would’ve had a very difficult

time getting the treatment I needed. I can literally say that Obamacare has saved my life twice (so far….)!"

With all that, this is 2018 gold---if she makes it.

SC

Fiona Apple

If you google her name every pic of her from the last 5 years or so she looks like she has Anorexia,Heroin or Crystal Meth problem. If she is not among one of the big music deaths in the next few years I will be shocked. Almost tempted to have some kind of under 45 or Music theme team next year and make her my Joker.

She has that skinny muscly definition that druggies get. A good spot she looks lke she has aged 10 to 15 years in 4 years. She is defo on drugs and must be using them heavily to decline that fast in 4 years.

From this

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/83/8f/f3/838ff37909040890a682c31570c6bb9b.jpg

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/8000000/Fiona-Apple-Unknown-Photoshoot-fiona-apple-8021000-1200-1607.jpg

to this

http://www.celebitchy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/wenn5924071.jpg

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i435/DriveByBBQ/fiona-apple-300_zps2ef19abc.jpg

http://www.vegasnews.com/wp-content/uploads/9_15_12_fiona_apple_kabik-61-570.jpg

Daily Fail: 'I'd want to die if I got Alzheimer's': Britt Ekland fears developing the disease like her late mother because it was 'too horrible for words'Her late mother Mae-Britt was diagnosed with dementia at the age of 67

Britt is 74.

Mauno Koivisto, former President of Finland is 93, has Alzheimer's and has recently become weaker.

Edited by Paul Bearer
Moved from dead of 2017 thread

whoisbigger.com has a ranking of the most famous people who have ever lived, by order of significance. It of course aims to be objective as possible - whether it is or not is another matter. It was made about 2010-2011, so is not quite up-to-date.

I've gone through a list of births for each year from 1928 and earlier (an example list is: 1928 births)

(I've noticed that there are people who should appear in such lists but for some reason do not - a minor issue).

Such a list gives a description of the person, so it makes it easier to tell if the person was dead by 2011 or so (it's not as simple as that though, as there are instances of people being referred to in a past tense who are still living).

My list of still living people by birth year, ordered by "significance" within each year:

Boris Pahor

Reinhard Hardegen

Norman Lloyd

Irwin Corey

Aharon Leib Shteinman (birth also listed as 1912)

Gretel Bergmann

David Rockefeller

Herman Wouk

Patricia Morison

Kirk Douglas

Bernard Lewis

Olivia de Havilland

Beverly Cleary

I. M. Pei

Vera Lynn

Danielle Darrieux

Earl Cameron (actor)

Diana Athill

Charles E. Lindblom

Billy Graham

Bobby Doerr

Frank Popper

Hutton Gibson

Dave Bartholomew

Brenda Milner

Diana Serra Cary

Peter Carington, 6th Baron Carrington

Anne Cox Chambers

Arjan Singh

Dina Wadia

Javier Pérez de Cuéllar

Calyampudi Radhakrishna Rao

Clarissa Eden, Countess of Avon

Ehsan Yarshater

Alicia Alonso

Edmond H. Fischer

A. E. Hotchner

Albert Memmi

Armin Hofmann

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

Michael of Romania

Carol Channing

Jake LaMotta

Aaron Temkin Beck

Peter Sallis

Allan MacEachen

Al Jaffee

Francisco Morales Bermúdez

Bill Gold

Edgar Morin

Asghar Khan

Françoise Gilot

Ernest Angley

Clifton James

Aldo Parisot

Stan Lee

Betty White

Dilip Kumar

Chen Ning Yang

Ernest Hollings

Carl Reiner

Pierre Cardin

Denis Norden

Henry Kissinger

Bob Dole

Chuck Yeager

Bob Barker

Freeman Dyson

Franco Zeffirelli

Ara Parseghian

George H. W. Bush

Jimmy Carter

Robert Mugabe

Doris Day (birth also listed as 1922)

Atal Bihari Vajpayee

Charles Aznavour

Gloria Vanderbilt

Eva Marie Saint

Daniel Akaka

Daniel arap Moi

Christopher Tolkien

Leslie Phillips

Doug Ellis

Barbara Bush

Angela Lansbury

Dick Van Dyke

Albert Bandura

Giorgio Napolitano

Brian Aldiss

Honor Blackman

Elizabeth II

Chuck Berry

Alan Greenspan

Hugh Hefner

Jerry Lewis

David Attenborough

Cloris Leachman

Pope Benedict XVI

Edwin Edwards

David Dinkins

Hosni Mubarak

Burt Bacharach

Ennio Morricone

Fats Domino

Bob Cousy

Fidel V. Ramos

Adam West

Bruce Forsyth

I only included people in the top 100,000 in the overall ranking, and I think for the years 1921-1988 I limited the number of people quite considerably).

Looking at the 2017 Deathlist, Liz Dawn, Jill Gascoine, and Errol Christie are outside the top 100,000. Leah Bracknell and Sandy Gall don't appear to be ranked, Javier Perez de Cuellar breaks the website basically (the characters in his name seem to be the issue), and Ian Brady doesn't have his own wiki-page which probably means they didn't process him.

• Like 2

Yeah. I don't trust that source at all. Where the fuck is Marlon Brando, cause he's not on there at all, and he's certainly one of the most famous people of all time. (Obviously I know he's dead, but you don't see him when you look him up.)

• Like 2

No Jiang Zemin, Li Peng, Do Muoi, Le Duc Anh, Nuon Chea, Jean of Luxembourg? Well, nothing can be perfect...

• Like 1

Very quiet all of a sudden. Perhaps Grim has taken a well needed holiday...

Whilst we wait for something to happen... I recently watched TrumpLand (at the suggestion of a friend). It was really shit - just typical Moore emotional blackmail junk, but one thing I did take note of was the state of Michael Moore himself. He was hobbling about the stage as a hunchback, still morbidly obese and it looked like he was even finding it a challenge to breathe at certain points.

I note that he nearly died from pneumonia a couple of years ago and he's now approaching 63. I don't imagine him making 70.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Moore

Thoughts?

• Like 3

Calm before the storm?

• Like 3

Whilst we wait for something to happen... I recently watched TrumpLand (at the suggestion of a friend). It was really shit - just typical Moore emotional blackmail junk, but one thing I did take note of was the state of Michael Moore himself. He was hobbling about the stage as a hunchback, still morbidly obese and it looked like he was even finding it a challenge to breathe at certain points.

I note that he nearly died from pneumonia a couple of years ago and he's now approaching 63. I don't imagine him making 70.

Thoughts?

He is on stage at the womens rally saying buzzwords ending in ism and ripping up newspapers who don't have the same political opinion as him. He also has drawn up a 4 step plan for resistance to Trump . Maybe he should draw up a 4 step plan to resist death ,get healthy and have some self respect for his own body.

• Like 2

Thoughts?

He is on stage at the womens rally saying buzzwords ending in ism and ripping up newspapers who don't have the same political opinion as him. He also has drawn up a 4 step plan for resistance to Trump . Maybe he should draw up a 4 step plan to resist death ,get healthy and have some self respect for his own body.

He is as big as a whale.

• Like 1