Joey Russ

Ideas And Possibilities For 2018

James Cosmo! I keep thinking he's dead. He looked like he could keel over any moment... in stuff from the 80s.

I've not seen this new BBC show, it probably shows.

3 minutes ago, msc said:

James Cosmo! I keep thinking he's dead. He looked like he could keel over any moment... in stuff from the 80s.

I've not seen this new BBC show, it probably shows.

All I can think of, when I hear the name James COSMO is Les Dawsons pervy character Cosmo Smallpiece.

Thats how I roll.

3 hours ago, Chopped Liver said:

Perhaps this might mean Richard O'Sullivan's on the way out then?

Aye, but his thread hereabouts will never die

• Like 1

Former LA Dodgers player Pedro Guerrero turned 60 last year

The guy was a big cokehead for decades and  had a heart attack in 2015. Seems a decent outside bet in the next few years.

• Like 1

Dmitri Hvorostovsky is postponing scheduled recitals in Kaliningrad and Minsk over the coming week and canceling his Wiener Staatsoper recital on March 7 after being advised by his doctors to continue treatment for his brain tumour during this period. He's had brain tumour since 2015 and once again into the chemo.

http://slippedisc.com/2017/02/dmitry-hvorotovsky-cancels-recitals-to-resume-cancer-therapy/

• Like 1

Celtic legend Billy McNeill has dementia and is unable to speak

• Like 2

Before McNeill could be considered, how famous is he outside Scotland? What I know is that he did manage Man City for a spell in the 80s. 

BBC/Mail/Guardian/Mirror/whoever else obits within 10 mins of a death announcement. Captained the first UK team to win the European Cup after all.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, but his thread hereabouts will never die

If this is a shot at the fact that I haven't posted it in his thread, then you can go fuck yourself, good sir. I'm posting it here because someone's mentioned him. If not, then mmkay

Always thought it'd be the height of bad manners to post an update on Richard O'Sullivan in the Richard O'Sullivan thread.

52 minutes ago, msc said:

Always thought it'd be the height of bad manners to post an update on Richard O'Sullivan in the Richard O'Sullivan thread.

Not really an update to be fair. Just an observation.

1 hour ago, Chopped Liver said:

If this is a shot at the fact that I haven't posted it in his thread, then you can go fuck yourself, good sir. I'm posting it here because someone's mentioned him. If not, then mmkay

It wasn't, and therefore I'll continue directly my fucking away from myself.

Dickie O's thread is - however - a place of happy memories for the handful of old timers remaining hereabouts

• Like 2

Former US Vice President Walter Mondale has to be worth a shot, he'll turn 90 in 2018, also Ron Paul should be one to consider, although I don't think he'll be going anywhere for a few years yet.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Chopped Liver said:

Fuckin ell mate, is it rag week or summat? Calm yer tits! 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Chopped Liver said:

This is like telling God to fuck off.

You must be an atheist then.

18 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

It wasn't, and therefore I'll continue directly my fucking away from myself.

Dickie O's thread is - however - a place of happy memories for the handful of old timers remaining hereabouts

Good to clear that up. I've had a lot of people telling me that I can't post anything related to someone unless it's in their thread, and it was a bit of an autopilot response.

42 minutes ago, Chopped Liver said:

Good to clear that up. I've had a lot of people telling me that I can't post anything related to someone unless it's in their thread, and it was a bit of an autopilot response.

cough... Sir Creep.... cough

• Like 7

1 hour ago, drol said:

cough... Sir Creep.... cough

Bit of a nasty cough you got there mate, want some Benylin?

(yeah you're right)

Peter Davison cancels public appearance due to "personal circumstances". Probably nothing...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Hmm probably not.

Depends on the context though, BBC obit via their local section - surely. So DL Cup fodder for sure

On 2/23/2017 at 18:03, drol said:

Italian singer and comedian Leone di Lernia has been hospitalized and is described as gravely ill. Won't see the bells, but he wouldn't get any Eglish obits, though.

http://www.ansa.it/sito/notizie/cronaca/2017/02/23/leone-di-lernia-ricoverato-in-ospedale-e-grave_b340f169-003b-479a-a32e-d4f4ffd6927b.html

Dead.

• Like 1