Joey Russ

Ideas And Possibilities For 2018

5 hours ago, msc said:

Re the Hume tribute on Mcguinness: Apparently I am very late to the news that John Hume has severe dementia (apparently not mentioned on this forum before), and a journalist pal tells me he is "not very well at all" these days.

Good find.Looks like 2018 might be his year.Had no idea he was ill.

A bunch of really old people;
- Kirk Douglas (born 1916), an actor (just in case he doesn't die this year)

- Evelyn de Rothschild (born 1931), billionaire worth $25 billion; Queen Elizabeth II's financial adviser; part of the Rothschild banking family

- Jacob Rothschild (born 1936), investment banker & philanthropist; worth $5 billion or so

- Emma Morano (born 1899), oldest known living person and also the oldest woman and the only known living person born in the 1800's

- Yisrael Kristal (born 1903), oldest living man and also the oldest living Holocaust survivor
- Betty White (born 1922), an actress

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, onionymoaning said:

A bunch of really old people;
- Kirk Douglas (born 1916), an actor (just in case he doesn't die this year)

- Evelyn de Rothschild (born 1931), billionaire worth $25 billion; Queen Elizabeth II's financial adviser; part of the Rothschild banking family

- Jacob Rothschild (born 1936), investment banker & philanthropist; worth $5 billion or so

- Emma Morano (born 1899), oldest known living person and also the oldest woman and the only known living person born in the 1800's

- Yisrael Kristal (born 1903), oldest living man and also the oldest living Holocaust survivor
- Betty White (born 1922), an actress

Let's see. Kristal and Morano will never make the list, they fall under the shameless category according to deathlist. No need to mention Douglas, he'll be on there until he dies, and I reckon Betty White will as well (she'll live to 110 btw). The two Rothschild members are too young, but they might be on in a few years.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, joeyruss said:

Let's see. Kristal and Morano will never make the list, they fall under the shameless category according to deathlist. No need to mention Douglas, he'll be on there until he dies, and I reckon Betty White will as well (she'll live to 110 btw). The two Rothschild members are too young, but they might be on in a few years.

What about former Finnish president Mauno Koivisto (born 1923)? He is suffering from Alzheimer's Disease as of 2017 but is otherwise in quite good condition (better than many other 94 year-olds). Could he be in the next year's list, or is he notable enough?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, onionymoaning said:

What about former Finnish president Mauno Koivisto (born 1923)? He is suffering from Alzheimer's Disease as of 2017 but is otherwise in quite good condition (better than many other 94 year-olds). Could he be in the next year's list, or is he notable enough?

Probably not. This year there was Mario Soares, clearly on his way out, and the committee thought he wasn't famous enough.

• Like 1

yes Joey theres a rule that outrules any people who became famous simply for being really old, im sure i read that!

even though we've had older (119 year old Sarah Knauss) its so unlikely Emma Morano would survive this year anyway like less than 1 percent

on the subject of extreme age, i'd like to point out that no one has ever died at age 118 - which shows how hard an age it is for anyone to get to, although 2 people went on to older ages.

29 minutes ago, MDavidSteel said:

yes Joey theres a rule that outrules any people who became famous simply for being really old, im sure i read that!

even though we've had older (119 year old Sarah Knauss) its so unlikely Emma Morano would survive this year anyway like less than 1 percent

on the subject of extreme age, i'd like to point out that no one has ever died at age 118 - which shows how hard an age it is for anyone to get to, although 2 people went on to older ages.

There really is no beginning to your genius, is there.

• Like 1

When I was a child, I'm almost certain there was a properly verified 120 year old Japanese man in the Guinness Book of Records.   Now I can't find any mention of him.  Did I hallucinate the whole thing, or did he manage to fool the Guinness judges, who I thought were almost foolproof? 

It was the same with Tom Parr who was mixed up with a relative, which explains why he was believed to be older than he had been

anyways, i wouldnt put many super old people on one of my deathlists like 95+ as it would make it too easy

im pretty sure i saw a picture where betty was wearing white. anyone else recall?

Anyone knows how Jackie Stallone is doing? She could die easily...

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Edita Grosman, 92, "officially" last living survivor of Auschwitz:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/25/i-will-never-be-free-of-it-auschwitz-survivor-recalls-horror-75-years-on

Edit: Or wait, maybe only the last surviving one of a certain deportation...

That place is summat like the Sex Pistols at the 100 Club

If you went there and tried to fit in everyone who ever claimed to have been, they'd never fit in! Doubtless we'll have claiments for a long time to come.

12 hours ago, Toast said:

"The area of 6m2 will be provided with the basic necessities such as toilet, banking, food and water."

Is that a typo?

It's google translate not realising that the word "bank" in Dutch can be used as "a bank" and "a couch"...

11 minutes ago, Vaagheid said:

It's google translate not realising that the word "bank" in Dutch can be used as "a bank" and "a couch"...

Ah!  I understand.

There was a little joke in there too, as it could have been a typo changing the first letter of banking, you see.

43 minutes ago, Toast said:

Ah!  I understand.

There was a little joke in there too, as it could have been a typo changing the first letter of banking, you see.

Pretty sure there was Two Ronnies sketch (or ten) based around that very idea.

Former UEFA president Lennart Johansson, saw him on TV yesterday at the Sweden match wrapped up in a blanket looked like a gust of wind could finish him off at any second, would be a good pick if he makes it to 2018, currently 87 years of age so knocking on as well. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, msc said:

Pretty sure there was Two Ronnies sketch (or ten) based around that very idea.

Just think of the fun they could have had with Google Translate.