Joey Russ

Ideas And Possibilities For 2018

I think Shirley Jones would be a good pick, just a hunch

• Thanks 1

I think Oscar Pistorius could be a good option for the next year deathlist 

On 11/21/2017 at 06:16, Grim Up North said:

As a bit of a novice I'm after some help. 

In the main death pools where FFBI picks are not allowed what is the status of not famous in their own right spouses of famous people? Allowed or not allowed?

Also sorry about dumping this question in the wrong thread but it is relevant to a possibility for 2018.

There are a few rules to DeathList summarised as follows: Candidates must be famous enough such that their death is expected to be reported by the UK media; Candidates cannot be famous solely for the fact they are likely to die in the near future and only 25 candidates can reappear from the previous year’s list.

I guess as long as they get a UK obituary and aren't famous just because they are likely to die then its ok.

25 minutes ago, anthonyd46 said:

There are a few rules to DeathList summarised as follows: Candidates must be famous enough such that their death is expected to be reported by the UK media; Candidates cannot be famous solely for the fact they are likely to die in the near future and only 25 candidates can reappear from the previous year’s list.

I guess as long as they get a UK obituary and aren't famous just because they are likely to die then its ok.

He's not talking about the deathlist. He's talking about other dead pools that don't allow FFBI. 

@Grim Up North I suspect it depends on the person. I assume that people such as Tracy McGiffin aren't allowed in those pools, but someone who made an achievement before their illness do count. It's certainly tricky to guess on... 

An idea for you guys: Nick Nolte. Subject of the absolute best mugshot in history.

;;;;;;na.jpeg

• Haha 2

How about...?

Geoffrey Palmer - nonagenarian 

Ken Dodd - nonagenarian 

Robbie Coltrane - overweight, multiple health issues

Billy Connolly - cancer, Parkinson’s 

Michael Parkinson - cancer 

• Like 1

what about Mario Zagallo for next year deathlist ?

the oldest football legend (did I forget antother ?)

On 11/25/2017 at 03:52, Joey Russ said:

He's not talking about the deathlist. He's talking about other dead pools that don't allow FFBI. 

@Grim Up North I suspect it depends on the person. I assume that people such as Tracy McGiffin aren't allowed in those pools, but someone who made an achievement before their illness do count. It's certainly tricky to guess on... 

Thank you for trying to answer my question.

I suppose reading your answer my question could be rephrased as 'Is marrying someone famous before you are ill an achievement?' Obviously this is different to simply being related by birth to someone who is famous like Tracy McGiffin.

3 hours ago, BeretBleu said:

what about Mario Zagallo for next year deathlist ?

the oldest football legend (did I forget antother ?)

Pele is pretty old too

2 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Windsor Davies is rarely heard of these days.

Was absolutely sure he had died a few years back but a Google search says no. 

6 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Was absolutely sure he had died a few years back but a Google search says no. 

His oppo in the comedy Never the Twain, Donald Sinden, shuffled off a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

according to Bernard Lavilliers, french singer Jacques Higelin is severely ill ( comparing him to Johnny Hallyday)

enough famous in UK ?

• Like 1

Windsor Davis!

Had totally forgotten the 87 year old resident of the South of France was still breathing - q/o a shoo in, obviously

11 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

What about this bloke? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignacio_Trelles

Find it incredible that someone who was a manager at the 1966 World Cup (his team played England of course as well) is still going and now over 100...

Indeed. There's a fair few of the old timers hanging on - enough for a theme team. Trelles is the oldest known to be still about though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deathrace said:

Find it incredible that someone who was a manager at the 1966 World Cup (his team played England of course as well) is still going and now over 100...

I think BeretBleu was talking about absolute legends of the game, that is why I mentioned Santamaria. I couldn't think of any high profile player older than him.

EDIT: Just remembered another really old legendary player: Juve and Italy's Giampiero Boniperti. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giampiero_Boniperti

14 hours ago, Deathrace said:

Coached 1083 matches - so enough in that to get him noticed for q/o purposes; a bit like Ivor Powell who got written up when he went because he'd been coaching well past his 90th birthday. Of course many of those marking his passing missed the fact he was the first manager to manage Carlisle United to a promotion - but we digress.

23 hours ago, BeretBleu said:

Not sure he's famous enough in the UK to be honest. If someone like Bob Stanley is a fan he may get an obituary, otherwise he's not someone I'd bet on to obit.

How about Robert Downey Sr.? He is/was an actor too, back in the day. Plus, with his son being as famous as he is, he'll more than likely get a QO.

1 hour ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

How about Robert Downey Sr.? He is/was an actor too, back in the day. Plus, with his son being as famous as he is, he'll more than likely get a QO.

Any health issues?

13 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Any health issues?

*Shrugs?* Dunno, but he's in his 80's.