Joey Russ

Ideas And Possibilities For 2018

On 30/11/2017 at 12:49, Joey Russ said:

That shows that there still could be improved research methods on my part because I’m currently drawing a blank on who you’re talking about. Though I have a lot of people on the longlist, so let me check if one of them might be who you’re talking about...

1 hour ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Pere Ubu singer David Thomas cancels tour due to an undisclosed illness...

There you go Joe.

1 hour ago, Toast said:

That inspired me to look back at my own first DDP team, ten years ago. 

Today there are three survivors:  Meat Loaf, John McCririck and the present Duke of Marlborough (then the Marquess of Blandford).

John McCririck looks very unwell, painfully thin these days and very pale complexion. Looks like he has cancer to me. I think he’d be a good pick for 2018. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

John McCririck looks very unwell

But there will no doubt be some sad news soon to balance this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Always thought a good DDP theme team would be a mock "entry-level deadpooler" side featuring the sort of people that only get picked in someone's first year deadpooling. Keith Richards, Ozzy Osbourne, Lindsay Lohan, Courtney Love etc.

Cher

• Like 1

I suspect that Matt Damon's dad wasn't really that ill but that Damon was merely trying to avoid having to answer Weinstein-related questions (like Christina Applegate?). I think Singer might have also fallen "strategically" ill.

My suggestions:

- George Soros, age 87 (businessman and presumably the Antichrist)
- Warren Buffett, age 87 (businessman, the third-richest person in the world)
- Douglas Hurd, age 87 (former  Foreign Secretary & Home Secretary of the UK)
- Kenneth Baker, age 83 (former Home Secretary of the UK)

• Like 2

Hmm, the Seiji Ozawa of the USA, conductor James Levine, is now accused of sexual harassment:

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42213054

That adds a bit of stress to his Parkinson's, general immobility and other periodically appearing health issues.

Hmm... is King Salman of Saudi Arabia worthy enough for the 2018 list? He will turn 82 this year and he isn't exactly the healthiest man in the world; he suffers from Alzheimer's and has had a stroke, and those might not even be his only health issues! And his brothers might want to oust him, too.                                       

• Like 1

I have a question, and Sorry if it has been answered before, but who is the Committee who choses the list Each Year? Are they the same group that met so many years ago in a pub in Britain? Just curious. (I know you cannot give real names, but could be interesting to know the call-names).

Hope the original group are alive and well. Thanks for your efforts everyone!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Hope the original group are alive and well.

You raise an interesting point there; could we put one or more of the original Deathlisters on the Deathlist? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theoldlady said:

I have a question, and Sorry if it has been answered before, but who is the Committee who choses the list Each Year? Are they the same group that met so many years ago in a pub in Britain? Just curious. (I know you cannot give real names, but could be interesting to know the call-names).

Hope the original group are alive and well. Thanks for your efforts everyone!

Basically - as I understand it - the founding fathers who dreamt up our current fun whilst they were uni students.

• Like 1

Lee Meriweather and Ed Asner should be considered due to the Match Game curse that has taken many from us too soon like Kitty Carlisle,Nipsy Russell,Charles Nelson Reilly,Brett Somers and others.

• Like 2

Personally i would love to see Micheal Heseltine snuff it. 84 years old and could defiantly be on his way out 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JimNaborsNeighbor said:

Nipsy Russell

"I told her,

'We're brothers under the skin,

Of that there can be no doubt.'

So she said,

'Why don't you go back in

And send your brother out.'"

• Haha 1

Keke Rosberg is tomorrow 69. Looks aged, used to smoke heavily and what about all those exhaust humes and carbon fibres.

• Like 1

King Albert II of Belgium:

- 83 years old

- problems with his youngest (stress)

- unhealthy lifestyle

• Like 1

Jacques Chirac turned 85 last month, very fragile.

Johnny Hallyday, the most popular French singer who was born in Beligum, lives in the US, hides his money in Switzerland.  74, has lung cancer

9 hours ago, Mort de rire said:

Johnny Hallyday, the most popular French singer who was born in Beligum, lives in the US, hides his money in Switzerland.  74, has lung can

Too late, the man's dead...

Phil Spector must be ready to go to the big recording studio in the sky pretty soon.

Eddie Stobart turns 89 next year. A big name (in road transport circles) in the UK.

• Like 1

Mike Adamle is likely one to keep an eye on in the years ahead.

“I can feel the decline every single day practically,” Mike told House Democratic members. “You are going around like this, and then the next thing you know you drop down a little bit. And you’re not as sharp as you once were. Then you drop it down a little bit. You start to get scared. When you get scared, a lot of things happen.”

Mike Adamle admitted during his Tribune interview that he sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night thinking about his mortality.

“You pop up like this. It’s hard not to, it happens to a zillion people every day on the planet Earth,” he said. “I’ll be gone. I’d like to make that a little longer and I definitely don’t want to spend it in an old folks home; that’s never going to happen. So we just keep on going until.”