Joey Russ

Ideas And Possibilities For 2018

How about the last two, of the three tenors?

• Confused 1

Hate to be the person to bring this up, but I'd be remiss if I didn't...

Outside chance re: Harvey Weinstein? Wife's left him, secretly recorded audio of him confirming the molestation accusations, out of a job, A listers coming out against, basically toxic as fuck in the industry right now...seems like a good shot for a self-assisted death, so to speak.

2 hours ago, RishCast said:

Hate to be the person to bring this up, but I'd be remiss if I didn't...

Outside chance re: Harvey Weinstein? Wife's left him, secretly recorded audio of him confirming the molestation accusations, out of a job, A listers coming out against, basically toxic as fuck in the industry right now...seems like a good shot for a self-assisted death, so to speak.

I'd lie if I said that I didn't think the same at one point. But is there any example of such a suicide? I think these people just continue living feeling treated unfairly, like Bill Cosby, or perhaps Mel Gibson.

8 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I'd lie if I said that I didn't think the same at one point. But is there any example of such a suicide? I think these people just continue living feeling treated unfairly, like Bill Cosby, or perhaps Mel Gibson.

Cosby didn't get nearly as much blowback, and not from as high in the Hollywood food chain as HW is getting. I was pretty young when the Gibson thing happened, but I believe it holds true for him as well.

HW's done. His brother just came out and TMZ that in regards to rumours that he (the brother) leaked the starting information to NYT because he was done covering for HW: "My brother Harvey is obviously a very sick man. I've urged him to seek immediate professional help because he is in dire need of it. His remorse and apologies to the victims of his abuse are hollow. He said he would go away for help and has yet to do so. He has proven himself to be a world class liar and now rather than seeking help he is looking to blame others. His assertion is categorically untrue from A to Z. I pray he gets the help that he needs and I believe that it is him behind all of these stories to distract from his own failure to get help."

HW's flying to Europe for sex addiction apparently, so maybe he goes the Polanski route, but I don't see that happening - Polanski and (allegedly) Woody Allen both did their sexual abuse before social media, and harmed people that quite frankly, today's 20 year olds know nothing about. Twitter + Insta + FB right now means that anyone who works with HW in the future risks screwing up their public profile with fans big time - just look at how fast Donna Karan retracted as soon as the backlash to her 'maybe they're asking for it' comments started.

I definitely think it's unlikely he does anything to himself, but given the circumstances, it might just be the perfect storm - which is why I think there's an outside chance it happens, if anyone wants to take the risk in one of the pools.

It wont be too much longer before former high-profile footballers are whacked with accusations on a frequent basis.

He has been on my long list for a couple of years. Got some publicity recently when Daniel Ratcliffe declared himself a fan of the Elements song.

21 hours ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Does Tom Lehrer meet the criteria for next year's list?

He certainly feels deathlisty, he also seems like someone who would "get" the deathlist too, but he's one of a handful of people I could never put in  a dead pool because I like him too much.   

• Like 4

Thinking it might be about time for Jim Bowen to make an appearance on the Deathlist.

• Like 1

On 13/10/2017 at 08:14, Bibliogryphon said:

Thinking it might be about time for Jim Bowen to make an appearance on the Deathlist.

He's on my long list

It'd be super, smashing great to have him on the main list

• Like 1

I think Bowen is always subconsciously on my mind as a potential pick, hence the reserve team name this year.

Some fresh ideas:

- Rosemary Harris 

- Estelle Parsons 

- James Watson 

- Ratko Mladic 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2017 at 12:20, Handrejka said:

He certainly feels deathlisty, he also seems like someone who would "get" the deathlist too, but he's one of a handful of people I could never put in  a dead pool because I like him too much.   

I like his song Smut. lol

54 minutes ago, earl said:

Some fresh ideas:

- Rosemary Harris 

Actress or writer?

I think Ray Galton could make a good pick for next year. Wrote jointly with Alan Simpson for 2 huge comedy series - Hancock Half Hour and of course Steptoe and Son.  He'll be 88 next year. Alan Simpson died earlier this year in February...

12 hours ago, RolandDeschain said:

I think Ray Galton could make a good pick for next year. Wrote jointly with Alan Simpson for 2 huge comedy series - Hancock Half Hour and of course Steptoe and Son.  He'll be 88 next year. Alan Simpson died earlier this year in February...

And they met in a ward for kids with TB

Life expectancy for either of them at that stage wasn't great

On 1.7.2017 at 17:24, maryportfuncity said:

I'm still hopeful of cashing in my unique pick bonus on Anne Hamilton-Byrne in the DDP this year but if she rasps her way over the line to 2018 competition I'm guessing she'll be a highly popular pick. Re form guide stuff; this is the most recent substantial piece I found on page one of Google.

Waning health and little love for the woman: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/little-sympathy-for-evil-family-cult-leader-anne-hamiltonbyrne-as-health-wanes-20170209-gu9tm7.html

Doing some research on her at the moment.

Wikipedia says that Hamilton-Byrne was "ready to die" after she re-united with her "favourite daughter" Sarah Moore in 2009.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Moore_(The_Family)

Then in 2014 Sarah Moore blogged that Hamilton-Byrne "is going to die soon":

http://drsarahmoore.blogspot.de/

Ironically, Sarah Moore died last year in May and Hamilton-Byrne is still alive.

4 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Doing some research on her at the moment.

Wikipedia says that Hamilton-Byrne was "ready to die" after she re-united with her "favourite daughter" Sarah Moore in 2009.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Moore_(The_Family)

Then in 2014 Sarah Moore blogged that Hamilton-Byrne "is going to die soon":

http://drsarahmoore.blogspot.de/

Ironically, Sarah Moore died last year in May and Hamilton-Byrne is still alive.

That research looks painfully familiar because it's the same stuff I find every time I Google her name plus the word "death"

When she goes it'll be obvious because Australia at least will make a news story of it. The further away that death is from the documentary movie, mind, the lower the chances of dead pool points

News just showed McCain receiving an award tonight. By the look of him, if he makes it to 2018 he’s a banker. 

My choice is Tomiichi Murayama.

* Minister of Japan from 1994 to 1996.

* 94 years in 2018.

——————

Your eternal Emperor Babylon.

• Like 1

Dick miller, Hollywood supporting actor of so many movies (Teminator, Gremlins...)

• Like 1

I wonder if an American sword swallower with a wikipedia page can get a QO:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Fox_(performer)

He has hepatitis C, liver cirrhosis and "tumours":

http://www.npr.org/2017/10/14/557821266/sword-swallower-makes-triumphant-return-as-he-battles-severe-health-issues

• Like 1

Immediately Tony Adamowicz comes into mind when I see his Wikipedia page, so I’m not sure he’ll obit...