The Mad Hatter

The Dead Of 2017

16 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

It was expected with those of us who were competing, but still, well done Spade. An interesting person as well...

1 minute ago, Deadpool said:

Interesting article ... there have been important deaths but the trend is a litle bit low in comparison with the 2016...

37 celebrity deaths this year

:clivedunn:

• Haha 3

Judge Wapner a major celebrity death,  Peter Sallis not.

Article must have been written by one of BCAlum's proteges.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, msc said:

Judge Wapner a major celebrity death,  Peter Sallis not.

Article must have been written by one of BCAlum's proteges.

They're both notable.  Absurd to think otherwise.
SC

Just now, Sir Creep said:

They're both notable.  Absurd to think otherwise.
SC

Comparison, not exclusion. (Unlike the article.)

So, about this legend:

Newsnight last night did their bit for would be Deathracers and those struggling to fill out a DDP team, by interviewing Paul Reveley. One of the first BBC TV engineers, an assistant to John Logie Baird, and due to his connections and experiences, a surefire obit. Also, someone I thought was long dead, but alive and fairly lucid, although 104 years old.

When it's on iplayer, it'll be towards the end of the episode, after all the Clinton stuff.

Well, he died in March, aged 105. Not a single obit, let a QO, despite his role in history.

So in reference to @Weebl and @maryportfuncity's doubts on this man getting an obit, well: my bad!

• Like 1

On 8/12/2017 at 13:47, Death Impends said:

Between him and Zorreguieta, tough time to be a 2015 top-team pick that fell by the competitive wayside afterwards.

The trend continues: Australian rules football umpire Harry Beitzel dead at 90.

7 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

The trend continues: Australian rules football umpire Harry Beitzel dead at 90.

Look out Digital Nun, Christy Dignam and Gino Odjick then!

13 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Ed Drummond quaking in his mythical boots

latest?cb=20160704235111

Joe Bologna (IMDb), American actor, has died aged 82 from pancreatic cancer. He featured in many films, including My Favourite Year, Blame It On Rio, Transylvania 6-5000Big Daddy and Ice Age: The Meltdown. He leaves behind his wife, Renée Taylor - a DDP pick.

Edit: Daily Mail, Guardian, Telegraph, The Times obituaries.

1 hour ago, Thatcher said:

Joe Bologna (IMDb), American actor, has died aged 82 from pancreatic cancer. He featured in many films, including My Favourite Year, Blame It On Rio, Transylvania 6-5000Big Daddy and Ice Age: The Meltdown. He leaves behind his wife, Renée Taylor - a DDP pick.

Damn, that's bologna. This is definitely not his Favorite Year.
In all seriousness, he was in some really good films. R.I.P

• Like 1

9 hours ago, msc said:

Look out Digital Nun, Christy Dignam and Gino Odjick then!

I was gonna say, if I was Frank van den Bleeken I'd be checking my mail eagerly this morning.

• Like 1

Re Bologna , had forgotten he was Matt LeBlancs dad in Married with Children, and its spin off Top of the Heap.

tmp_4501-images809046575.jpg

Never heard of this guy, tbh, but looking at his Wiki:

Other film roles for Bologna include portraying the Sid Caesar-based character "King Kaiser" in the 1982 comedy hit My Favorite Year, starring Peter O'Toole as a drunken actor modeled after Errol Flynn,

Man, they weren't even trying with that casting.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, charon said:

Re Bologna , had forgotten he was Matt LeBlancs dad in Married with Children, and its spin off Top of the Heap.

tmp_4501-images809046575.jpg

Should probably also note he was also Adam Sandlers dad in Big Daddy.

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

British actor and DDP pick Ronald Hines apparently died on 28 March 2017. https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2813061

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Hines

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0385711/

Really good actor, he's in a Peel/Steed Avengers episode called Murdersville. Also Elizabeth R, A Woman Sobbing,  and Yes Prime Minister. Oh, and Sugar and Spice, an episode of Shadows of Fear, in which he plays a dad, who comes home drunk to find his youngest child missing, and his daughter telling her mum that she "promised daddy" she wouldn't say what happened to him... Creepy 70s horror, no supernatural element in sight. Recommended heavily.

See, I can talk up character actors even if they didn't appear in Dr Who. :lol:

• Like 1

For anyone who doesn't know who I'm talking, it's Doug Murcott, former junior All Black. I'm sure I'm not the only one who had him on the shortlist had he made it to 2018, and you can see why it was odd for him not to get a forum mention, at the very least, which makes me wonder if there was any chance of him being unique for me if he made the starting line...

25 minutes ago, msc said:
36 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

British actor and DDP pick Ronald Hines apparently died on 28 March 2017. https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2813061

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Hines

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0385711/

Really good actor, he's in a Peel/Steed Avengers episode called Murdersville. Also Elizabeth R, A Woman Sobbing,  and Yes Prime Minister. Oh, and Sugar and Spice, an episode of Shadows of Fear, in which he plays a dad, who comes home drunk to find his youngest child missing, and his daughter telling her mum that she "promised daddy" she wouldn't say what happened to him... Creepy 70s horror, no supernatural element in sight. Recommended heavily.

See, I can talk up character actors even if they didn't appear in Dr Who. :lol:

He was in tons of things, he is an actor I can immediately put a face to the name and vice versa.   I'm staggered that his death hasn't been more widely reported. 

Just now, Toast said:

He was in tons of things, he is an actor I can immediately put a face to the name and vice versa.   I'm staggered that his death hasn't been more widely reported. 

Yeah, same. Though perhaps he didn't want it publicized, or, sounds like he lived alone and there's a to do about his estate? Might not have been many people to let the press know, ala Patricia Laffan. :(