The Mad Hatter

The Dead Of 2017

30 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Not sure where this goes but a notorious alleged purveyor of fake news in America Paul Horner has died aged 38 not so long ago. 

This is a fake dead

10 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Anythings possible I guess! :D;)After all Bobby Ewing rose from the dead in Pams shower! 

Oh that really happened?

Could've sworn it was all a dream

3 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Oh that really happened?

Could've sworn it was all a dream

A dream that turned ultimately into a nightmare for the shows ratings! The turning of the tide with Dallas ratings can be pinpointed to that dream season reveal. It really cost the show. 

Perhaps the dead not dead Den Watts and Kathy Beale from EastEnders would be a better example! ;)

Dallas was fucking ace. And the recent revival was pretty good as well.  JR Ewing, what a fucking man he was! They don't make soaps like that any more. I mean, Hollyoaks, what an absolute pile of wank that is. Bring back the Ewings, I say! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Not sure where this goes but a notorious alleged purveyor of fake news in America Paul Horner has died aged 38 not so long ago. 

Let these be his parting words:

"My sites were picked up by Trump supporters all the time," Horner told The Washington Post in 2016. "I think Trump is in the White House because of me. His followers don't fact-check anything -- they'll post everything, believe anything."

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 21:45, Vinegar Tits said:

No links as yet but it's being reported that pioneering TV producer Jack Good (Oh Boy! Six-Five Special) has died aged 86. I didn't know he was still alive (until now) and thought he was a lot older.

Guardian Obit: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/sep/29/jack-good-obituary

On 9/20/2017 at 17:33, Paul Bearer said:

Bruno....... Welcome back. Been a while. How the devil have you been? 

Quite alive apparently, unlike many of the corpses which have been popping into crematoriums, funeral parlors and cemeteries this month.

By the way folks, less than two days to my birthday--- September 31, be sure to mark it in on your calendar or car wax.

Hope all of you are well as well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BrunoBrimley said:

Quite alive apparently, unlike many of the corpses which have been popping into crematoriums, funeral parlors and cemeteries this month.

By the way folks, less than two days to my birthday--- September 31, be sure to mark it in on your calendar or car wax.

Bruno, you ole dog you. You haven't changed a bit. I hope you haven't forgotten mine on the 30th February. 

27 minutes ago, BrunoBrimley said:

Been missing you fella, tarry awhile and share in the mirth!

22 hours ago, BrunoBrimley said:

Good to hear from you Bruno.  September 31?  Must have been born in a leap year.

34 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Monty Hall, host and co-creator of the American TV show Let's Make A Deal, has died aged 96 - a DDP pick. An omen for Bob Barker? 

Didn't his missus die recently? I think I posted that...

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Didn't his missus die recently? I think I posted that...

Ye, June 5th 2017 says Wikipedia.

R.I.P Monty.

5 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Monty Hall, host and co-creator of the American TV show Let's Make A Deal, has died aged 96 - a DDP pick. An omen for Bob Barker? 

Edit: Daily Mail, The Guardian obituaries.

For a minute I thought he might be the 15th hit ! 

31 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

For a minute I thought he might be the 15th hit ! 

He doesn't seem that deathlisty to be honest. Unlike Bob Barker, I can't seem to remember him in living memory before. Was the show he hosted that well known in the UK anyways? 

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

He doesn't seem that deathlisty to be honest. Unlike Bob Barker, I can't seem to remember him in living memory before. Was the show he hosted that well known in the UK anyways? 

I have a vague recollection of Monty Hall being mentioned way back, but not necessarily his show.

Whereas until I joined this forum, I had never ever heard of Bob Barker...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Monty Hall, host and co-creator of the American TV show Let's Make A Deal, has died aged 96.

R.I.P. Mr. Hall. An Icon in American Game Show History.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

I have a vague recollection of Monty Hall being mentioned way back, but not necessarily his show.

Whereas until I joined this forum, I had never ever heard of Bob Barker...

Same here.  I knew of Monty because of the Monty Hall Problem

I had heard of Bob Barker through WWE and Happy Gilmore, but hadn't heard of Hall until I visited this place. In fact, originally I thought it was a strange American nickname for "not yet discredited back then" Stuart Hall!

• Like 1

LOL at 5.25 onwards in Toast's video posing the question I had all along watching it...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

I had heard of Bob Barker through WWE and Happy Gilmore, but hadn't heard of Hall until I visited this place. In fact, originally I thought it was a strange American nickname for "not yet discredited back then" Stuart Hall!

I take it we don't export our game shows real well.   Hall (and the show) were pretty iconic.  There is even a math problem or theory I guess named after him.  Pretty interesting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem

SC