The Mad Hatter

The Dead Of 2017

John Dunsworth, known for his portrayal of Jim Lahey in the comedy series "Trailer Park Boys" and revered as a brilliant actor with a warm heart, has died at the age of 71.
SC

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

John Dunsworth, known for his portrayal of Jim Lahey in the comedy series "Trailer Park Boys" and revered as a brilliant actor with a warm heart, has died at the age of 71.
SC

:clivedunn:

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Posted earlier in the Canadians thread, but not in this one afaik  So it's fine.

Out of interest really, death of James Sharkey, actor and theatrical agent announced by his wife: http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/218129/sharkey

Was in the BBC production of The Moonstone back in the 1950s and was also agent for Christopher Lee, among others.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1621788/

2 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

RECORD BROKEN!!!!

34 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Stop it. 

• Thanks 4

Who was the last name to break the DL record?

Leni Riefenstahl I believe. 

Riefenstahl, who actually died (or it was announced) in the middle of a History class discussing her work! Always felt it strange to have a notable Nazi hanger-on still around into my school lifetime.

Segovia (87), Sugar Ray (89), Kitty Godfree (92), Erich Honecker (94), Quentin Crisp (99) to complete the list of "record breakers".

• Like 1

Fittingly enough, if you treat any name that's the first hit of a certain number as a record breaker, rather than just those who broke a previous year's record, then you can consider Roy Castle (the first hit #8) to be one!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Fittingly enough, if you treat any name that's the first hit of a certain number as a record breaker, rather than just those who broke a previous year's record, then you can consider Roy Castle (the first hit #8) to be one!

A big favourite as a kid, too. Think him dying was the first time the kids TV had to cover that sort of thing here in my lifetime.

• Like 1

We did it, we did it, we did it. We smashed the record.

I guess they're getting good at picking them out.

I could easily see us breaking 20.

By the way, who the hell is Gordon Downie?

^ Someone forgot their gimmick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Has anyone mentioned the death of actor Trevor Byfield? https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/oct/18/trevor-ziggy-byfield-obituary?CMP=twt_a-culture_b-gdnculture.He was in loads of tv shows like Lewis and Taggart and he had a part in the James Bond film Goldeneye.Also starred in the traffic jam episode of One Foot in the Grave as the annoying playboy

5 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Has anyone mentioned the death of actor Trevor Byfield? https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/oct/18/trevor-ziggy-byfield-obituary?CMP=twt_a-culture_b-gdnculture I remember him best as the playboy driver from the One Foot in the Grave episode where Victors stuck in a traffic jam

One of those faces. Remember a thing in the press about him being injured by a runaway tractor when filming Heartbeat. Knew that show was potentially deadly.

He's hit #16, for me.

15 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Not sure how reliable the link is, but it's being reported that Scott Putesky/Daisy Berkowitz has died: https://www.sacurrent.com/sa-sound/archives/2017/10/22/founding-marilyn-manson-band-member-has-died

After checking, it seems to be true...

If so... RIP. Seemed like a fine fellow. Very regrettable. And you couldn't have told how bad it was by his social media accounts (didn't check them this week though). 

I picked him more or less based on statistics. And until now, I would have said it was a mistake. But now, and after the earlier similar hits with Joost and Campbell, it's proving its value. 

I've wondered a little about his obitability. But Manson's recent publicity with accident and new album are enough to make me stop worrying.

I did a brief checkup on him a week or so ago, though failed to check his Twitter account (I could only remember he had a GoFundMe and a public Facebook page) which I've just now visited. He looked very jaundiced in his last selfie there... ouch.