The Mad Hatter

The Dead Of 2017

29 minutes ago, Youwanticewiththat said:

Paging Mr Geldolf..paging Mr Geldof......

^

The sort of wishful thinking I can get on board with.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Toast said:

I think a few of us had him pencilled in.

He has been on my radar for years after he was on Masterchef with a load of other elderly comedians.  Surprised he has lasted this long.

Leo Sharp, "world's oldest drug mule", died off the media radar in December 2016, according to this July report I just found. DDP pick but, of course, no points since he died last year.

Incidentally, funny thing I just noticed: he was picked by Predictor, and even though Predictor had crossed him off in his signature, he never posted about Sharp's death. In fact, he hasn't posted at all since August. His post count is 750 so it looks like he's trying really hard to keep up the 150 posts a year gimmick...

• Like 2

Ken Shapiro (IMDb), an American actor and director, has died aged 75. He directed movies such as The Groove Tube and Modern Problems, both starring Chevy Chase.

Ivan Chermayeff, co-founder of Chermayeff & Geismar & Haviv graphic design company, has died aged 85. The company designed iconic logos for brands such as NBC, PBS, Armani Exchange, Barneys New York and National Geographic. He received a Guardian profile back in 2014, and his father was the famous architect Serge Chermayeff.

Edit: The Guardian obituary.

On 4-12-2017 at 00:35, Thatcher said:

Ivan Chermayeff, co-founder of Chermayeff & Geismar & Haviv graphic design company, has died aged 85. The company designed iconic logos for brands such as NBC, PBS, Armani Exchange, Barneys New York and National Geographic. He received a Guardian profile back in 2014, and his father was the famous architect Serge Chermayeff.

Never heard of the geezer but looking at the portfolio....

Stunning!

26 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Been a bit of a Profumo Affair throwback year, hasn't it? Lucky Aloysius Gordon, Jeremy Hutchinson and now Keeler all gone, and Profumo himself back in the news for shagging spies in the 1930s.

Oh, and Bogdanov (of a different Hutchinson case entirely) of course.

• Like 1

Now that is a big death for the UK.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Drat. I had her pencilled in for next year.

That makes April Ashley the last named survivor of this bunch. (from Joan Wyndham's obit)

An aspiring actress, heroic drinker, jitterbugger and Benzedrine-fuelled bohemian, she enjoyed an outrageous reputation; later she held court in "Swinging London", where her circle included jobbing rent boys, April Ashley, Michael Foot, Christine Keeler ("rabbity teeth"), assorted acid-trippers and Jeremy Beadle

Only just noticed...

Jean Newlove, wife of Ewan MacColl and mother of Kirsty, died back in May.

http://www.jeannewlove.com/

Can't see it searching on here.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Handrejka said:

Drat. I had her pencilled in for next year.

That makes April Ashley the last named survivor of this bunch. (from Joan Wyndham's obit)

An aspiring actress, heroic drinker, jitterbugger and Benzedrine-fuelled bohemian, she enjoyed an outrageous reputation; later she held court in "Swinging London", where her circle included jobbing rent boys, April Ashley, Michael Foot, Christine Keeler ("rabbity teeth"), assorted acid-trippers and Jeremy Beadle

I always remember 'April Ashley' as one of the first or foremost transgender women?

Maybe I have got the name wrong.

Edit: I was correct.

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I always remember 'April Ashley' as one of the first or foremost transgender women?

Maybe I have got the name wrong.

Aye, the very same, pretty sure.

She is on my crap DDP theme team as the joker (purely down to alphabetical reasons). No one else had her.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, msc said:

She is on my crap DDP theme team as the joker (purely down to alphabetical reasons). No one else had her.

Well, if I recall the story I'd say a few people had her either side of the transition.

She wasn't a popular dead pool pick of late, mind

11 minutes ago, msc said:

940d7e85b0e9be5633db8db05571d897--april-ashley-hair-scarfs.jpg

5 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Well, if I recall the story I'd say a few people had her either side of the transition.

She wasn't a popular dead pool pick of late, mind

Now I need to go find that Morley anecdote from here.

EDIT - Here it is, quality Deathlist Forum anecdotage from a few years back.

And no, not popular, hence being on Not the List of the Missed, but maybe posts like this will raise her profile for 2018's deadpooling season.

2 hours ago, msc said:

Ashley was one of my picks from a few years back. I was reading her biography at the time I think and she mentioned a few health problems in it hence her inclusion. 

Conrad Brooks, Plan 9 from Outer Space actor, has died aged 86 according to Bloody Disgusting, a genre news site. He was known as the "Gielgud of bad movies" by the NYT.