The Mad Hatter

The Dead Of 2017

13 hours ago, msc said:

Alas, 2017 deaths still arrive, and one late is Dr Gavin Stamp, architectural historian. Top dude, fought to preserve some of Glasgow's older architecture. Pal of mums. 69.

That's a shame. I enjoyed his Britain's Lost Cities book, condolences  to your mum.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

I'll pop this here although I'm not sure if she died 2017 or 2018.

Reports coming in that Peggy Cummins, Welsh born actress famous for Gun Crazy, and DDP Pick for 2017 has died:

Apparently died 29 December 2017: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/peggy-cummins-dead-gun-crazy-femme-fatale-was-92-1024393

Darlanne Fluegel (IMDb), an American actress who appeared in movies such as Battle Beyond The StarsOnce Upon A Time In America and Tough Guys (as Kirk Douglas' girlfriend), died on the 15th December aged 64. 

Edit: Daily Mirror, The Sun obituaries.

I remember her in Tough Guys (no doubt due to her wearing spandex in most scenes) would never have thought Kirk would outlive her!

1 hour ago, Thatcher said:

Darlanne Fluegel (IMDb), an American actress who appeared in movies such as Battle Beyond The StarsOnce Upon A Time In America and Tough Guys (as Kirk Douglas' girlfriend), died on the 15th December aged 64. 

Diagnosed with early onset alzheimers at age 56, sad case.

2 hours ago, Thatcher said:

She played Kirk's girlfriend in spite of 40 years age difference?

10 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

She played Kirk's girlfriend in spite of 40 years age difference?

Indeed. 

15308_4.jpg.07ad90924f8cd6d3b7b411fc678bc26a.jpg

• Thanks 1

Still a smaller age gap than Connery and Zeta Jones in Entrapment. What a hunk of shit that was.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Indeed. 

15308_4.jpg.07ad90924f8cd6d3b7b411fc678bc26a.jpg

Still at least she had a blue rinse and bleuuuuuugh bleuuuugh bleuuuuuugh beleeuuuuuugh.  Instead of a tissue the poor wench would need a microfiber duster afterwards.  Did I mention bleueeeeeeugh?

• Haha 1

Found this online obituary for actor Richard Venture.

Surprisingly, no media has picked it up yet. I imagine Hollywood Reporter will get on it soon enough though.

Wiki page

I keep a record of surviving 1930s actors. It had about 200 names on it a few years ago but just 52 are left now. 

Anyways, was updating it the other day and a lot of names have passed quite recently... Nini Theilade, Rose Marie, Lassie Lou Ahern and Ann Gillis, and I noticed that two more names died in 2017 but their deaths were only recently reported.

Juanita Quigley, a former child actress and sister of actress Rita Quigley died in October at the age of 86.

Gale Sherwood, actress and singing partner of Nelson Eddy died on New Year's Eve aged 88.

• Like 1

On 19/06/2017 at 21:51, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Otto Warmbier, a Norh Korean prisoner from the U.S. Who was held captive for 17 months and sentenced to 15 years of hard labour has died.

He was released this month after North Koreans reported he had fallen into a coma due to a sleeping pill and botulism. Doctors in the US found no evidence of said botulism and say he was beaten.

Warmbier was 22.

Yankee Court tells Best Korea to cough over half a Billion dollars in compensation to the family.

Good Luck wae that cuntos eQARRdy.gif

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/breaking-otto-warmbiers-family-awarded-13775103

19 hours ago, charon said:

Yankee Court tells Best Korea to cough over half a Billion dollars in compensation to the family.

Good Luck wae that cuntos eQARRdy.gif

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/breaking-otto-warmbiers-family-awarded-13775103

On appeal, the Warmbier family is awarded $32.76 U.S.

On 14/08/2017 at 01:05, msc said:

Look out Digital Nun, Christy Dignam and Gino Odjick then!

Took six years but all three now finally gone.

• Like 1