The Mad Hatter

The Dead Of 2017

She was always on the tellybox in the 90s doing some daft thing or other, and then for some reason hasn't been seen for years now. Had forgotten about her to be honest. Any drug or alcohol related death is a tragedy in my view. Nature can be cruel with things like cancer but addiction is people being cruel to themselves.

??? According to science, everything that happens obeys the laws of nature. In fact, the medieval Cartesian view that there is a ghost with causal powers in the brain-machine is currently regarded as ridiculous by scientists. No death is a tragedy since everything that happens obeys the laws of nature.

She was always on the tellybox in the 90s doing some daft thing or other, and then for some reason hasn't been seen for years now. Had forgotten about her to be honest. Any drug or alcohol related death is a tragedy in my view. Nature can be cruel with things like cancer but addiction is people being cruel to themselves.

??? According to science, everything that happens obeys the laws of nature. In fact, the medieval Cartesian view that there is a ghost with causal powers in the brain-machine is currently regarded as ridiculous by scientists. No death is a tragedy since everything that happens obeys the laws of nature.

Cartesius uses the ghost theory to found his scientifical method. It was only supposed per absurdum to demonstrate man can be sure of something he is doing, thinking, even if the ghost keeps us in a fictional reality. I'm sure he did not really believe there was a ghost in our brain (well, in some brains there may be a ghost...) and he did not know about TPT.

Cartesius uses the ghost theory to found his scientifical method. It was only supposed per absurdum to demonstrate man can be sure of something he is doing, thinking, even if the ghost keeps us in a fictional reality. I'm sure he did not really believe there was a ghost in our brain (well, in some brains there may be a ghost...) and he did not know about TPT.

Yes but had Cartius a choice? Did he have causal powers? Nature has causal powers. The common-sense theory of free will says that last week, while you still had a choice whether tobuy a ticket or not, the future was still objectively open, and

you really could have chosen any of two or more options. But that is

incompatible with spacetime. So according to spacetime physics, the

openness of the future is an illusion, and therefore causation and free

will can be no more than illusions as well. We need, and cling to, the

belief that the future can be affected by present events, and especially

by our choices; but perhaps that is just our way of coping with the fact

that we do not know the future. In reality, we make no choices. Even as

we think we are considering a choice, its outcome is already there, on

the appropriate slice of spacetime, unchangeable like everything else in

spacetime, and impervious to our deliberations.

• Like 1

Yes but had Cartius a choice? Did he have causal powers? Nature has causal powers. The common-sense theory of free will says that last week, while you still had a choice whether tobuy a ticket or not, the future was still objectively open, and

Think you meant to put it here: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/7633-crap-poetry-corner/#entry151586

• Like 1

Shouldn't have been famous in Life = shouldn't be famous in Death....

And for those whining about 45 no age to go, fuck up.

With all these centenarians on the go, how the fuck do you think we get an average of mid 70s?

Folk need to die sub 50, that's how...

* apart from Westbrook, what other famous 'septimus solos' are on the go??

• Like 1

Sophie Anderton, who I had to double-check to see if she was still alive.

• Like 1

Don't agree Blady but I love it!

Shit, I went Westbrook on my list, I picked the wrong coke-addled fortysomething.

I quoted physicist David Deutsch without acknowledgment of the source. It is indeed true that according to Einstein's relativity, the future is already fixed and has been so since the Big Bang. Thus the next dead of 2017 are already there, on the 2017 slice of spacetime, unchangeable like everything else.

• Like 1

I quoted physicist David Deutsch without acknowledgment of the source. It is indeed true that according to Einstein's relativity, the future is already fixed and has been so since the Big Bang. Thus the next dead of 2017 are already there, on the 2017 slice of spacetime, unchangeable like everything else.

Still don't agree, still love it.

Don't know if this: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thetimes-uk/obituary.aspx?n=joan-gregson&pid=184089114&fhid=34155

Relates to her: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0339991/

I'm sure there would be more than the simplest of obits for her, but anyone know better?

A new show called Mary Kills People which only just begun airing in Canada 25/01/17 features Joan Gregson in it.

While it appears her character has been killed off

the production company has tweeted about her, although that doesn't really give a definitive answer. I would suspect, however, since she is currently in a production so recent, if she had died there would have been some sort of tweet from the production company offering condolences or something of the sort. Also, if that was her in that clip then she looks bloody good for 88.

Don't know if this: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thetimes-uk/obituary.aspx?n=joan-gregson&pid=184089114&fhid=34155

I'm sure there would be more than the simplest of obits for her, but anyone know better?

A new show called Mary Kills People which only just begun airing in Canada 25/01/17 features Joan Gregson in it.

the production company has tweeted about her, although that doesn't really give a definitive answer. I would suspect, however, since she is currently in a production so recent, if she had died there would have been some sort of tweet from the production company offering condolences or something of the sort. Also, if that was her in that clip then she looks bloody good for 88.

Cheers I doubted it was her anyway. Got a shock when I saw the obit though...

While it appears her character has been killed off

If the actress is 88, I would expect to see some credits from earlier than 1973.

Cartesian relates to Descartes 17th Century; medieval 5-15th Century.

• Like 3

2017 is lacking of deaths. Oh, 2016, the Golden Age of Death! :bow:

• Like 2

"You start to die the moment you are born. The whole of life is cutting through the pack with death" – James Bond

Do we have a qigong thread Cat? If we did it would need Wang Lin in it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wang_Lin_(qigong_master).His snake trick was particulalry notbale https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyI-CMl0YxE Come on how many times has someone said to you, come to my house and I'll show you a snake trick.

Do we have a qigong thread Cat? If we did it would need Wang Lin in it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wang_Lin_(qigong_master).His snake trick was particulalry notbale https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyI-CMl0YxE Come on how many times has someone said to you, come to my house and I'll show you a snake trick.

I've lost count. saythat.gif

As far as I can see gigong has never been mentioned anywhere nor has its 'cousin' tai chi. There isn't a thread title with the word 'Buddhist' 'Taoist' or 'Confucion' in it either.

Edit: There's a club just down the road from me, perhaps I should join. :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/RedTentQigong/

• Like 1

As far as I can see gigong has never been mentioned anywhere nor has its 'cousin' tai chi. There isn't a thread title with the word 'Buddhist' 'Taoist' or 'Confucion' in it either.

Er, when did Leicester get a pier?

Er, when did Leicester get a pier?

When they built the lido; it was torn down when they closed it. :P

• Like 1