The Mad Hatter

The Dead Of 2017

13 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Hell to the yeah!

EDIT: The article is largely about the social media response to her death and the subheader even makes mention of her 14 million Instagram followers. I guess the conclusion I reached that her social media presence could get her a Mail obit wasn't too far off (even though I picked her moreso with the BBC in mind), even if it was Mirror not Mail that got to it first.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Hell to the yeah!

Congrats, DeathImpends, on the punt of the year. :clap:

The "presence on Social Media" also gave Jessica-Jayde Allen an unlikely Mirror obit. It has become an important factor to take into account. That should bode well for future cancer bloggers, Let's Play-ers and other You Tube celebrities.

In a way, The Mirror is ahead of the others.

Ah fuck...

That was more of a why didn't I take a punt on her disappointment, not mad at Death Impends for taking advantage of her obitality. That was a good, well done punt. 

The Greek immigrant who created one of the world's most popular and controversial pizzas - Hawaiian pizza - in his restaurant in Canada more than 50 years ago, has died.

Sam Panopoulos - who earned a place in history by putting canned pineapple and ham on a pizza at his Satellite Restaurant in Chatham, Ontario in 1962 - was 83 and had just celebrated his 50th wedding anniversary with his wife Christina.

Sir Creep says he should have been shot on sight the day after creating this hot mess.

SC

25 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

The Greek immigrant who created one of the world's most popular and controversial pizzas - Hawaiian pizza - in his restaurant in Canada more than 50 years ago, has died.

Sam Panopoulos - who earned a place in history by putting canned pineapple and ham on a pizza at his Satellite Restaurant in Chatham, Ontario in 1962 - was 83 and had just celebrated his 50th wedding anniversary with his wife Christina.

Sir Creep says he should have been shot on sight the day after creating this hot mess.

SC

:clivedunn:

11 hours ago, Youwanticewiththat said:

A reality check here - she made the morning headlines on BBC Radio Four this morning where they mentioned her fairly inconsequential backing vocals for the Stones

It's fairly clear there are news editors all over the place steeped in rock history to the point of knowing a lot of the geek stuff so when it comes to the major bands all of those with close associations are Q/O fodder.

I'm guessing anyone who ever twiddled a knob or contributed a noise to an official Beatle album is a scoring pick as and when

9 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

A reality check here - she made the morning headlines on BBC Radio Four this morning where they mentioned her fairly inconsequential backing vocals for the Stones

It's fairly clear there are news editors all over the place steeped in rock history to the point of knowing a lot of the geek stuff so when it comes to the major bands all of those with close associations are Q/O fodder.

I'm guessing anyone who ever twiddled a knob or contributed a noise to an official Beatle album is a scoring pick as and when

Friend of Patti are ye Mary?

21 hours ago, Youwanticewiththat said:

Friend of Patti are ye Mary?

Nope

But it's open to anyone: https://www.facebook.com/friendsofpattibaird

I'm more of the insatiable sound hound persuasion so I like the notion that some obscure hippie who's 35 album sales include the one I bought is a Q/O case hereabouts

9 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

Camera operator Bruce MacCullum (The Departed, The Silence of the Lambs, Independence Day, I Am Legend I Am Legend and many more) has died aged 70.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/bruce-maccullum-camera-operator-1202466816/

I posted this on my DP and was told he's not a celebrity.  Tougher crowd than here lol ugh.
SC

7 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I posted this on my DP and was told he's not a celebrity.  Tougher crowd than here lol ugh.
SC

I think he has at least some significance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LilyForrester said:

Russia claims it has killed ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. I know he is often reported dead but now BBC, AP, Sky and Reuters are running with it, could be legitimate. Hope so, he's no. 1 on my list.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40300164

If true then good going Putin.
UxNCd08uBaFBC.webp

It's Russia, and Putin is in desperate need of a victory.

• Like 1

It's the third time someone claimes to kill him - this week! 

On 6/15/2017 at 17:53, ObakeFilter said:

I think he has at least some significance.

Oh I agree.  And to be fair it was only a couple whiners, but still....the things one has to put up with.

7 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Actor Stephen Furst aka Flounder  from Animal House and Vir Cotto on Babylon 5 has died  at 62 http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/06/17/stephen-furst-flounder-animal-house-dead/

Another one!

Did they make that show in studios made from 100% asbestos-lining or something?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, msc said:

Another one!

Did they make that show in studios made from 100% asbestos-lining or something?

Or maybe its becuase he was A FAT FUCK?!! I mean jesus christ fucking god!!!! The answer is so fucking obvious.