The Mad Hatter

The Dead Of 2017

He's the first Iranian president to die. Before 1980 there were only prime ministers and the last one I remember died was Jamshid Amouzegar.

Not quite .The 2nd president was assassinated in 1981 after 4 weeks in office. He is the first current or former post revolution Iranian leader to die since Ayatollah Khomeni in 1989 though, and the most significant political figure to die since then I would say.

Also, Peter Sarstedt has died at the age of 75 from a palsy of some kind.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38548507

We know

Did I detect a hint of irritation in your reply? :D

We know

IMO it is OK to post it here in the 2017 thread, but points deducted for "a palsy of some kind".

We know

IMO it is OK to post it here in the 2017 thread, but points deducted for "a palsy of some kind".

I think it was more about it already being posted nearly an hour before or summat.

We know

Not at all, but just a glance at the forum would have shown the Peter Sarstedt thread just a few topics below this one.

• Like 1

We know

I think it was more about it already being posted nearly an hour before or summat.

Yeah, but at the risk of always banging the same drum, I think all deaths should be recorded in the year thread, regardless of whether they are posted elsewhere.

Then the "Dead Of XXXX" would be a complete one-stop compilation.

• Like 5

We know

Yeah, but at the risk of always banging the same drum, I think all deaths should be recorded in the year thread, regardless of whether they are posted elsewhere.

YES!!, That way people can see it, if they overlook, or flat out, just don't look at the other threads, that the deaths could be placed in.

• Like 2

This needs moving to the 'Let's Discuss if anyone dies in 2017 whether they should go on the Dead of 2017 thread' thread.

• Like 2

My two tuppence, if you want a list of everyone who's died in 2017 then use Wikipedia or create one.

The Dead of 2017 should be for reporting deaths that don't fit elsewhere.

I don't think there's any need to post here when the person has their own thread,but it's relly not a big deal when they do.

• Like 1

Sorry, I was being a self-righteous prick and didn't look to see if there was a thread.

Also being that I am on a phone right now and I forgot how to spell progressive supranuclear or whatever...

Sorry, I was being a self-righteous prick and didn't look to see if there was a thread.

Also being that I am on a phone right now and I forgot how to spell progressive supranuclear or whatever...

You knew how to spell Sarstedt

• Like 4

Barely

Barely

Is it bass like the fish, bass like the musical instrument or something else? Just curious.

Barely

Is it bass like the fish, bass like the musical instrument or something else? Just curious.

Being a teenaged American, it is just the sound. Coincidentally, I managed to get myself into Megaman, and a "villain" in it is named Bass, so...

It is also easy to enter when logging in so that helps.

Barely

Being a teenaged American, it is just the sound. Coincidentally, I managed to get myself into Megaman, and a "villain" in it is named Bass, so...

So then, with the villain Bass, is it bass like the fish, bass like the musical instrument or something else?

• Like 1

So then, with the villain Bass, is it bass like the fish, bass like the musical instrument or something else?

Something else, it is for the lower end boominess that you hear today on modern music and records with crappy quality.

school made me want to make myself a hit on the list today sooooo

Barely

$T2eC16Z,!zgFIdUEhm+wBSRNuW58NQ~~60_35.J

mebbe

• Like 3

We know

My point was that it was posted in this thread as if it hadn't already been mentioned elsewhere.

Had it been posted here merely for cross-referencing purposes, I wouldn't have an issue with it.

I thought she was a big miss by the committee. 105 years old and the first to break the story of World War 2 starting - thats impressive! RIP

I thought she was a big miss by the committee. 105 years old and the first to break the story of World War 2 starting - thats impressive! RIP

Yes, the committee missed a trick there!

Yes, the committee missed a trick there!

...but I didnt!

• Like 1

The thing with Clare Hollingsworth is, despite being an extraordinary woman, and being guaranteed U.K. obits, she doesn't feel deathlisty.