The Mad Hatter

The Dead Of 2017

Jack Blessing (IMDb), an American actor who appeared in TV shows such as M*A*S*HMoonlightingThe Golden GirlsThe Naked TruthGeorge LopezHome Improvement and The X-Files, has died aged 66.

He's the villainous Shipman type doctor in Audrey Pauley, which, iirc, is the only good episode in that final series of the original X-Files.

3 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Jack Blessing (IMDb), an American actor who appeared in TV shows such as M*A*S*HMoonlightingThe Golden GirlsThe Naked TruthGeorge LopezHome Improvement and The X-Files, has died aged 66.

Giving Jesus our blessings at Christmas is pious and good, but this is a little overboard.

SC

So let's get it in plain sight - Erica Garner didn't make the start line

I can't be the only person hastily revising a dead pool masterlist at this moment

Linkhttp://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/erica-garner-daughter-police-chokehold-victim-dies-article-1.3727554?cid=bitly

• Sad 2
  • Angry 1

That is Morgan Tsvangirai off my DDp subs bench.

19 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So let's get it in plain sight - Erica Garner didn't make the start line

I can't be the only person hastily revising a dead pool masterlist at this moment

Linkhttp://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/erica-garner-daughter-police-chokehold-victim-dies-article-1.3727554?cid=bitly

Kinda why I haven't started pulling mine together.  That's 4 top names gone.  'twould have been an utter waste to mail an entry 
SC

Just now, Sir Creep said:

Kinda why I haven't started pulling mine together.  That's 4 top names gone.  'twould have been an utter waste to mail an entry 
SC

Yeah - but I'm talking Deathrace masterlist - like everyone's entry to date. Unavoidable edits at this point though - to be fair - everyone picking Garner as joker bar GrimupNorth had an alternative joker lined up; Garner was marginal to say the least.

It really was one of those "little chance of seeing 2018, but just in case" Deathrace picks. It happens.

3 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah - but I'm talking Deathrace masterlist - like everyone's entry to date. Unavoidable edits at this point though - to be fair - everyone picking Garner as joker bar GrimupNorth had an alternative joker lined up; Garner was marginal to say the least.

True, for the DP admins it's a nightmare.  Rather than the names on our lists, I'll send prayers your way :)

I'm just a little sad that my first sub is a cancer dad.

Alas, 2017 deaths still arrive, and one late is Dr Gavin Stamp, architectural historian. Top dude, fought to preserve some of Glasgow's older architecture. Pal of mums. 69.

• Sad 1

I must admit I'm disappointed we didn't get to 18. If someone was to die in the USA before midnight their time would it count as a 2017 or 2018 death? 

I wouldn't write it off yet.  Deaths aren't always announced instantly.

7 hours ago, Toast said:

I wouldn't write it off yet.  Deaths aren't always announced instantly.

If they’re big (popular) enough to make it to DL they are.  When’s the last time a DL death was secret for more than an hour?

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

If they’re big (popular) enough to make it to DL they are.  When’s the last time a DL death was secret for more than an hour?

Dunno, but IIRC Liz Smith died a couple of days before it was announced.

55 minutes ago, Toast said:

Dunno, but IIRC Liz Smith died a couple of days before it was announced.

Died 24th December, announced 27th.

Richard Adams died 24th December, announced 26th.

I think both were delayed by the family for personal reasons.

Caroline John, who played a Doctor Who companion, and thus headline BBC news when she went, got announced 3 weeks AFTER her death, because everyone kept it quiet till after the funeral for the sake of her family, some of whom were very old and frail.

• Thanks 1