The Mad Hatter

The Dead Of 2017

Paul Bearer, on 25 Jan 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

Ankou, on 25 Jan 2017 - 9:25 PM, said:

Hehehe. First time I'm first. The message popped up on CNN while I was watching the latest Trump silliness.

Ankou, on 25 Jan 2017 - 8:55 PM, said:

Mary Tyler Moore dead at 80

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/mary-tyler-moore-dead-age-80-article-1.2955361

While you were posting it here at 7.55, Drol posted it in her own thread at 7.24. :-)

Great way to ruin my achievement. I'll go and cry in a corner now. Thank you for that.

• Like 1

Professor Sir Nigel Rodley, described by the BBC as one of the 'founding fathers' of the human rights movement has died at the age of 75.

Rangers legend Billy Simpson passes away at the age of 87

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/rangers-legend-billy-simpson-passes-9703367

He probably won't get a DDP qualifying Obit as he wasn't Taiwanese or Mongolian, but was unfortunate enough to live in the northern part of England Britain which is now not allowed .

Calling Charon. Calling Charon.

Well done, old chap.

• Like 2

Boom boom, shake de room :)

Charon calls more Prod deaths than the Earl of Tyrconnell, kudos.

• Like 2

Confirmed on Radio 5 in the 3am bulletin. Pancreatic cancer.

Great actor and while I know pancreatic cancer is basically a death sentence, I thought he'd got temporarily better - indeed, he said in late 2015 he was in remission.

• Like 1

Former Chairman of the BBC Board of Governors, Christopher Bland, has died aged 78. No links yet.

Former Chairman of the BBC Board of Governors, Christopher Bland, has died aged 78. No links yet.

Aye, rather appropriately for a man who was involved in the changing media industry for decades the first announcement came via his son's Twitter feed

His death is mentioned in a tweet that's embedded into this Telegraph article which reports the death of Alexander Chancellor.

We're on a roll today-French Actress Emmanuelle Riva, star of Amour died yesterday in a Paris clinic aged 89.

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-01-28/emmanuelle-riva-dies-aged-89/

Yes, we knew it...

Deaths are often reported or posted in the specific and the general thread. It's not an issue.

• Like 1