Grim Reaper

Errol Christie

Really shocked he made it. Didn't seem deathlisty to me.

• Like 2

Shocked to but a bloody good choice and notable enough for DL if you interpret the rules literally.

Who on earth is this person, what a waste of a spot.

Google is your ( only ) friend

• Like 7

Who on earth is this person, what a waste of a spot.

A boxer and one with terminal lung cancer.

PAUL BEARER

Mate, it is new years, at 12.00 and you are online on death list...... so do not take moral high ground pretending you got lots of mates.....fail....

Boxing experts I got a question

Could peak Errol Christie take Glass Joe in a fight?

I did a random search on the BBC and he got mentioned twice on there: once in 2004 and once in 2013. So he might get a BBC obit.

Lol roey , he'll obit everywhere...

His thread doesn`t connect from the main page.He will obit .Whether it is by the BBC I am not 100% but probably I mean he was pretty big in boxing in the 80`s before completely slipping off the radar.He used to be in fights shown on ITV to millions I read so I guess that helped the committee justify his inclusion.

I wonder if a committee fondness for boxing helped him make the cut. Similar to how they've held on to Jake LaMotta every year since 2005, when healthwise he had mostly been a random old person (albeit one from a field where many names don't make old bones).

Much like many DDPers having their areas of interest ie OoO's motorsports, Spade's journalists/music types, DDT's religious figures, Deathray's Corrie love, etc.

It's my goal to have a wrestler on my main team one day. I went close with Smith Hart, but feel he might just make 2018. Snuka, no trust at all, and Vader's apparently been told he can live longer if he gets healthier, and DDP is going to try and help him out.

Much like many DDPers having their areas of interest ie OoO's motorsports, Spade's journalists/music types, DDT's religious figures, Deathray's Corrie love, etc.

It's my goal to have a wrestler on my main team one day. I went close with Smith Hart, but feel he might just make 2018. Snuka, no trust at all, and Vader's apparently been told he can live longer if he gets healthier, and DDP is going to try and help him out.

I picked Smith Hart as I really don`t think he will make Summer let alone Christmas.Not completely sure he will get a QO though.

PAUL BEARER

Mate, it is new years, at 12.00 and you are online on death list...... so do not take moral high ground pretending you got lots of mates.....fail....

Admins are never off duty.

• Like 1

I picked Smith Hart as I really don`t think he will make Summer let alone Christmas.Not completely sure he will get a QO though.

Wouldn't have thought so, is only because of his family's legacy that anyone outside Alberta has heard of him. He never achieved anything of note in his wrestling career

Wouldn't have thought so, is only because of his family's legacy that anyone outside Alberta has heard of him. He never achieved anything of note in his wrestling career

He's the brother of Bret Hart. Dailymail coming on it 95%.

He's the brother of Bret Hart. Dailymail coming on it 95%.

Thats what I figured.

What an effing downgrade from DL 2016. :rant:

Muhammad Ali ---> Errol Christie

=

Lamborghini ---> Fred Flintstone's car

Someone ought to make a poll over the least deathlist-y DL names in the Internet era! He'd get a few votes, I reckon. Or Al had-an-insignificant-character-role-in-Happy-Days Molinaro.

• Like 1

Well, you know, Javier Perez de Cuellar will be a Deathlist hit one day, and Alec Guinness, Patrick Moore and Boris Yeltsin weren't, so you know, its all swings and roundabouts.

17 minutes ago, Predictor said:

What an effing downgrade from DL 2016. :rant:

Muhammad Ali ---> Errol Christie

=

Lamborghini ---> Fred Flintstone's car

Someone ought to make a poll over the least deathlist-y DL names in the Internet era! He'd get a few votes, I reckon. Or Al had-an-insignificant-character-role-in-Happy-Days Molinaro.

If I compiled such as list I don't think Al would even be in the Top Ten

However Jake 'the Snake' Roberts........

TBH I don't think the DL will ever get another name that outdoes Ruby Muhammad in terms of sheer non-DLy-ness.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

TBH I don't think the DL will ever get another name that outdoes Ruby Muhammad in terms of sheer non-DLy-ness.

Don't forget Fergie Frederiksen as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Death Impends said:

Eliizabeth Edwards?

11 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Eliizabeth Edwards?

Edwards didn't feel DL-y, but at least she was guaranteed UK coverage of her death. Whereas Muhammad was completely unknown outside of her local community and "really old people with vagueish claims to fame" wonks and never got press outside of local papers either in life or death. Only Frederiksen reaches a similar low level.