Grim Reaper

Errol Christie

1 hour ago, Death Impends said:

Edwards didn't feel DL-y, but at least she was guaranteed UK coverage of her death. Whereas Muhammad was completely unknown outside of her local community and "really old people with vagueish claims to fame" wonks and never got press outside of local papers either in life or death. Only Frederiksen reaches a similar low level.

Wasn't her age wrong? I believe it said 110 and she died 4 years later at 104

"Ruby Muhammad died. She claimed to be 112, but apparently it looks like she exaggerated and was only 107"  was how I told that one to the wife. The "only" provoked much laughter.

4 hours ago, Predictor said:

What an effing downgrade from DL 2016. :rant:

Muhammad Ali ---> Errol Christie

=

Lamborghini ---> Fred Flintstone's car

Someone ought to make a poll over the least deathlist-y DL names in the Internet era! He'd get a few votes, I reckon. Or Al had-an-insignificant-character-role-in-Happy-Days Molinaro.

It is not a fame competition and also the committee were criticized many times for only picking very old people.Christie is an inspired choice.Top boxer as a youngster and was on ITV fight night coverage.Also very likely to die soon.He is the sort of pick we need if we are ever going to beat the DL record.

27 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

It is not a fame competition and also the committee were criticized many times for only picking very old people.Christie is an inspired choice.Top boxer as a youngster and was on ITV fight night coverage.Also very likely to die soon.He is the sort of pick we need if we are ever going to beat the DL record.

I think that likelyhood is slipping away every day we go without a hit. Even if people are dropping a few spots on the totem pole, if none of them fall off it doesn't matter. 

6 minutes ago, jackschlotter said:

I think that likelyhood is slipping away every day we go without a hit. Even if people are dropping a few spots on the totem pole, if none of them fall off it doesn't matter. 

We have a hell of a lot of over 95s and three under 55`s who have as grim a diagnosis as you could get.It is perfectly plausible we can beat it this year.

8 minutes ago, jackschlotter said:

As I stated, deaths usually come in waves. I expect some sort of summer wave going to hit us soon. Not sure if that's enough for the record, but it should put us over 10 for sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

What was the last news we had about him?

Just now, Toast said:

What was the last news we had about him?

A few updates on his FB page but healthwise his nephew said last June that he had a year to live and the cancer had spread a few times.

7th June 23:35 

June the 10th. Or June Spencer if the first does not work.

21/8/17

I signed Cyrus Christie on FM17 as a back-up right-back for my Palermo side as we won four scudetti in six years.

8 minutes ago, Predictor said:

On the same day as Olivia Newton-John.

mJr3TIe.jpg

Weird to think Olivia de Havilland will probably be the last to die out of the four.

• Like 5

And if this does happen in the next few days that will be another death from the bottom of the list.

• Like 1

July 1, 2017