Grim Reaper

Ian St John

His Wikipedia biography says that in 2014 following cancer his bladder was removed. Now I'm not even sure that I want to know this, but how exactly does a person without a bladder go for a piss or hold urine?

• Like 1

His Wikipedia biography says that in 2014 following cancer his bladder was removed. Now I'm not even sure that I want to know this, but how exactly does a person without a bladder go for a piss or hold urine?

Transplant?

Transplant?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Is there any other health info on St John other than what's said in his Wikipedia biography?

From memory, he had his bladder and other parts removed, but the cancer still spread after that. He was on the list for a trial drug and confident he'd still beat the cancer, but, all precedent knowledge of that kind of situation tells me he's fucked.

Catheter bag?

Carefully...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cystectomy

After the bladder has been removed, an urinary diversion is necessary. Ureterocutaneostomy, ureterosigmoidostomy, ileal conduit, continent cutaneous pouch formations and neobladder substutitions using intestinal segments are main types of urinary diversions. Even though ileal conduit has been known as the most common type of urinary diversion, contemporary surgical practice has evolved to use of neobladder substitutions as first choice. A neobladder substutition is constructed as a pouch from a section of ileum or colon, which can act as a form of replacement bladder, storing urine until the patient desires to release it, which can be achieved by either abdominal straining or self catheterisation. Future treatment for this condition may involve a full replacement with an artificial bladder.

Currently sat at Anfield next to Tarby. Looks OK, but of course might have a stroke if Plymouth score.

Currently sat at Anfield next to Tarby. Looks OK, but of course might have a stroke if Plymouth score.

If he's going to be at all Liverpool matches we'll see him a lot the next few week.

The replay of this.

Both legs of their league cup semi.

The league games against Man United and Swansea.

That won't happen, Plymouth have hardly ventured out of the Liverpool half, Liverpool will win it in the 90th minute. Ian St. John looks to have aged recently but for a man approaching 80 and who has had Cancer he doesn't look that bad.

That won't happen, Plymouth have hardly ventured out of the Liverpool half, Liverpool will win it in the 90th minute. Ian St. John looks to have aged recently but for a man approaching 80 and who has had Cancer he doesn't look that bad.

He may die of boredom.

He may die of boredom.

Well with this game that is a distinct possibility.

He may die of boredom.

Spurs v Villa is on at 4pm though, which should be more interesting.

He may die of boredom.

It can't be any worse really, but Ian St.John has one advantage over the rest of us at home at least he doesn't have to listen to Steve McMannaman commentating, he is awful.

• Like 3

He may die of boredom.

It can't be any worse really, but Ian St.John has one advantage over the rest of us at home at least he doesn't have to listen to Steve McMannaman commentating, he is awful.

Can't see him travelling to the replay, he may end up suffering after all.

He may die of boredom.

Can't see him travelling to the replay, he may end up suffering after all.
Watching the home leg was just enough of an ordeal for him.

Jürgen Klopp might be in serious trouble if some of his stars get injured, cause his junior / B team is clearly not at the same level. Can't even score against a League Two team at Anfield, that's just friggin' pathetic.

He may die of boredom.

I've just woken up from the Spurs v Villa game. the magic of the cup eh?

He may die of boredom.

You been in a coma?

Who the hell is "Ian Street John"? Someone needs to tell the committee not all "East Landaaan" gangsters are as famous as the krays...

He may die of boredom.

You been in a coma?

You obviously didn't watch the game!

Who the hell is "Ian Street John"? Someone needs to tell the committee not all "East Landaaan" gangsters are as famous as the krays...

He's Scottish. And a former footballer / 80s TV presenter.

Interview in the Herald about thumping Rangers back in the 60s ahead of another Rangers/Motherwell Cup tie. Says nothing about his cancer. I suspect he's of the age where, having given us the hints, the next we'll hear about it is him being in hospital or dead.

The link obviously isn't the Herald, but that's behind a paywall, so there's a free version for those interested.

He won't die this year. Too early, definitely.