Grim Reaper

Ian St John

Appears as a guest on the BBC Shankly documentary which was broadcast this evening. Didn’t look too bad all things considered. Certainly still has his marbles as well. Looks better than Dennis Law who sadly looks awful. Roger Hunt is also interviewed and looks ok and sounds lucid. No sign of the dementia Hunt was reported as having. If he does it must be early stages. 

7 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Appears as a guest on the BBC Shankly documentary which was broadcast this evening. Didn’t look too bad all things considered. Certainly still has his marbles as well. Looks better than Dennis Law who sadly looks awful. Roger Hunt is also interviewed and looks ok and sounds lucid. No sign of the dementia Hunt was reported as having. If he does it must be early stages. 

Feck!

Meant to tape that I'll have to get it on catch up

Did they dwell on Shankley's pre-Liverpool managerial career - like his time at Carlisle?

Also, how do we know the interviews are that recent?

Yes, fairly brief references to Carlisle. Lots of interesting interviews. It appears pretty recent but can’t be exactly sure. 

9 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Feck!

Meant to tape that I'll have to get it on catch up

Did they dwell on Shankley's pre-Liverpool managerial career - like his time at Carlisle?

Also, how do we know the interviews are that recent?

2017 doc - some of the interviews are rather earlier (see Hunt), I'd uploaded him chatting to youtube last year (see previous page) but the copyright police have taken it down.

It'll be on Iplayer later but pic:

image.png.8a598d22dd429b35f2b1efcd3cf5ad69.png

4 minutes ago, msc said:

2017 doc - some of the interviews are rather earlier (see Hunt), I'd uploaded him chatting to youtube last year (see previous page) but the copyright police have taken it down.

Cheers

I'll leave him off my long list, then

9 minutes ago, msc said:

It'll be on Iplayer later but pic:

image.png.8a598d22dd429b35f2b1efcd3cf5ad69.png

Oh, presumed it was this year. I’d certainly consider Law based on his brief appearance. 

Yeah I saw a similar feeling to Denis Law that gcreptile has to Pele (ie he wont see 80). But then I said I'd be shocked if Ric Flair saw 70 and he's 7 months off proving me wrong, so who knows.

Ok, I missed this. Earlier in the year while talking up Jimmy Greaves ill health, Ian St John slipped in this bit  to the Times where he reveals he's still having cancer problems:

Greaves suffered a severe second stroke in 2015. “I can’t even phone him because he can’t have a phone conversation and he was clever and sharp and bright and funny, it’s terrible,” St John says.

He, too, has suffered ill health, which has made him wonder if he would still be here to see Liverpool win the Premier League title.

“I haven’t been well with cancer problems and I’ve been saying, ‘Please let me see Liverpool win the title.’”

Liverpool did win the title this summer, this is from the run in.

33 minutes ago, msc said:

Ok, I missed this. Earlier in the year while talking up Jimmy Greaves ill health, Ian St John slipped in this bit  to the Times where he reveals he's still having cancer problems:

Liverpool did win the title this summer, this is from the run in.

Did they? I never knew.

The Scousers were very quiet about that one :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sad news a true legend brilliant player and pundit, would of thought Greavsie would of been the first to go out of the famous Duo as I thought St. John was getting better but I suppose when you have cancer you never know. RIP. 

• Like 1

I never thought he'd go before greavsie. Rip Ian 

• Like 1

I'm surprised greaves outlasted him. RIP. Too young to remember him as a player but enjoyed his spell on TV with greaves 

28 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

Sad News

Yes.

28 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

and a miss by the committee.

No.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Really Surprised Gresvsie has outlived him  RIP Ian

Yeah It`s a funny old game.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Really Surprised Gresvsie has outlived him  RIP Ian

Agreed. Ian was actually in good health while Greaves has been unable to talk and is paralyzed since a massive stroke.

He was well known, he died and he wasn’t on the list this year. FUCK YOU COMMITTEE, WHAT A TERRIBLE MISS :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

He was well known, he died and he wasn’t on the list this year. FUCK YOU COMMITTEE, WHAT A TERRIBLE MISS :rolleyes:

If they would've picked *name every single somewhat known celebrity who has died this year* they'd already be at 25/50!

R.I.P. Ian.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

Agreed. Ian was actually in good health while Greaves has been unable to talk and is paralyzed since a massive stroke.

No offence but he can't have been in that good health. RIP Saint. 

14 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

No offence but he can't have been in that good health. RIP Saint. 

He had cancer!

7 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

An open goal....  as it were.