weatherman90

Bob Barker

Felt compelled to like mark's post due to being Contrary Sod.

Though I am worried about those seals getting the clap...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Typical DL response.  Not yours, markb4, I'd have said the same.  But the 'likes' attached to it.
Typical in that any semblance of creativity around here goes for nowt with support (I got likes from Putin, JR976evil, redrumours and Prophet)
...but if you point out that a joke was factually inaccurate (think about that), the seals all get up and clap (
ThereWillBeDeaths7, Putin, Bibliogryphon and Death Impends and Joey Russ).
I'll give credit to @Putin, who gave a nod to both the OP and the retort.  As for the others: 
ThereWillBeDeaths7, Putin, Bibliogryphon and Death Impends and Joey Russ are all gay cunts.  And that is a slight against gay cunts.  CLAP SEALS, CLAP!  ork ork....

SC

Your not supposed to clap anymore instead you are suppose to use jazz hands https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/10/02/clapping-replaced-jazz-hands-student-union-amid-fears-noise/

I have given markb4 a like to teach you a lesson.

I do like the mental image of a seal doing "jazz flippers" after being warned that the audience had the occasional autistic kiddy.

• Haha 1

Well, I don't know what to say about that.

Mostly because I am drunk, but thank you anyway and I will talk to you tomorrow when I sobber up

12 minutes ago, Putin said:

Mostly because I am drunk

A Russian, not just any Russian, but the leader of the 'not so free' world even, drunk? Can I have a word with Mr Cliche?

NB.One too many 'b's in sober is allowable considering the circumstances,........ probably.

Actually I am Norwegian, but I does it for fun actually

Just now, Putin said:

Actually I am Norwegian, but I does it for fun actually

No Shit. 

I've been beginning to wonder more in recent months, especially with the declining state of the British media -Would Bob Barker necessarily get  it  reach the usual standard of a qualifying obituary when he passes?Would it really be reported extensively if much at all in the UK??

6 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I've been beginning to wonder more in recent months, especially with the declining state of the British media -Would Bob Barker necessarily get  it  reach the usual standard of a qualifying obituary when he passes?Would it really be reported extensively if much at all in the UK??

He'd get a DDP QO for sure (The Mail love him) and I think he'd get a BBC obit in their America section, though not on the front page.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, msc said:

He'd get a DDP QO for sure (The Mail love him) and I think he'd get a BBC obit in their America section, though not on the front page.

Thanks .I hadn't realised that the Daily Mail has a thing for him!But fair dos if they do then they certainly will report on his death.

Has a deathlist pick ever died without having an obituary qualification at the DDP standard?

Just now, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Thanks .I hadn't realised that the Daily Mail has a thing for him!But fair dos if they do then they certainly will report on his death.

Has a deathlist pick ever died without having an obituary qualification at the DDP standard?

Fergie Frederikson and Ruby Muhammad. But I suppose you mean a Deathlist hit?

The last Deathlist hit not to be a DDP hit was Vincent O'Brien in 2009. And he got obits everywhere.

1. 1996 – Glyn Worsnip, Timothy Leary,
  2. 1997 – Hastings Banda, Burgess Meredith, Jeffrey Bernard, Jacques Cousteau
  3. 1998 – Lew Grade, Joan Hickson, Helen Wills Moody
  4. 1999 - Quentin Crisp, Deryck Guyler, Alf Ramsey, Lord Denning
  5. 2000 – Don Budge,
  6. 2001 – Brother Theodore, Stanley Kramer
  7. 2002 –W Clement Stone, Joe Bonanno, Chuck Jones
  8. 2003 – Elia Kazan, Hardy Amies
  9. 2004 – Lord Scarman
  10. 2009 – Vincent O’Brien
    (DL hits not on the DDP)

Of those we can go straight to 2002 as Kazan, Amies and Scarman all got obits, obviously. But then we get to Clement Stone in 2002 and Brother Theodore in 2001, of which there is not much evidence now but perhaps they got something back in the day now gone. Although the front page bit on Theodore suggests no one noticed for months.

• Thanks 1

Whatever happened to "Barker's Beauties" member Dian Parkinson? Unlike her fellow beauty Janice Pennington, who has made a couple of public appearances with her husband in recent years  Dian has vanished completely from the public. Seems fair to ask this question on the Bob Barker thread but if there is any other suitable thread to ask this let me know.

On 09/11/2020 at 08:46, TheSpinosaurus said:

Whatever happened to "Barker's Beauties" member Dian Parkinson? Unlike her fellow beauty Janice Pennington, who has made a couple of public appearances with her husband in recent years  Dian has vanished completely from the public. Seems fair to ask this question on the Bob Barker thread but if there is any other suitable thread to ask this let me know.

Ok, an update on this. She has not made any public appearance since 1993, however she sold her residence recently in 2019 so she is still alive but maybe not doing too well anymore.

Nice headline: "Is Bob Barker Still Living? Get an Update on His Health Status Today"

https://www.themarketmail.com/is-bob-barker-still-living-get-an-update-on-his-health-status-today/

Article says: Yes, he's doing fine.

So, a position in next year's DL top 10 is not required (not again) :D

Happy 97th birthday, btw :birthday:

• Like 2

Happy 97th birthday Bobby  :birthday:

Interesting TMZ aren`t usually wrong.

• Like 1