36 replies to this topic

#21 Toast

Toast

Sanctuary Seller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4177 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:28 PM

Of the greatest importance is the obvious issue we 'Cockneys' will face when Nobby finally goes.

He will leave a huge void in the rhyming slang dictionary.

Not while we still have Jeremy ...

• Lord Fellatio Nelson likes this

Winner of the 2015 Hare's Death Pool

DDP teams:
I'm Sorry For Your Trouble
Losing The Plot

There is only one god, and his name is Death, and there is only one thing we say to Death:  "Not today."

There's no cure for being a cunt.  (Game Of Thrones)

#22 Prosperina

Prosperina

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:57 PM

Around July when the press did the usual - whatever happened to - round up of the World Cup winners Stiles was reckoned to be very ill then. Though Martin Peters - apparently - was in the worst condition of the nine left alive.

Peters was still fit enough to attend the Celebration Dinner, whereas our Nobby - my nap of 2017 - was nowhere to be seen.

I thought Peters was pulled out of all the 50th anniversairy events as were Stiles Wilson Greaves and Bonetti?

Oops...I stand corrected. Peters attended the gala final WHU match at Upton Park a few weeks earlier.
Bonetti is a surprise...much younger than the others and never headed the ball.
Bonetti was said to have advanced Alzheimer`s last summer.

I've seen Bonetti in the last couple of months and he looked reasonably well. a long shot for 2017 I'd say
Life's too short

My picks for 2017:
1) Bruce Forsyth 2) billy Graham 3) John Noakes 4) Ray Wilson 5) Cliff Lazerenko 6) Mary Tyler Moore 7) Brian Wilson 8) Tony Booth 9) Brian Cant 10) King Michael of Romania 11) Olivia de Havilland 12) Freddie Starr 13) Prince Philip 14) Michael Schumacher 15) Kirk Douglas 16) Doug Insole 17) Jimmy Greaves 18) Stephen Hawking 19) Prunella Scales 20) J Van Der Westhuizen 21) Mel Brooks 22) Jimmy Snuka DIED 15/1/17 23) Pierre Cardin 24) Bill Oddie 25) Sandy Gall 26) Martin McGuiness 27) Murray Walker 28) Stuart Hall 29) Rolf Harris 30) Rick Wakeman 31) Doris Day 32) Clint Eastwood 33) George HW Bush 34) Jimmy Carter 35)Clare Hollingworth DIED 10/1/17. 36) Bob Hawke 37) Thelma Barlow 38) Nicholas Parsons 39) Glenn Campbell 40) Errol Christie 41) Ian Brady 42) Helmut Kohl 43) Dickie Bird 44) TerryJones 45) Richard Wilson 46) Vera Lynn 47)Charles Manson 48)Robbie Coltrane 49) WilliamShatner 50) Mikhail Gorbachev

#23 Shaun of the Dead

Shaun of the Dead

I have no life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2733 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:38 PM

Around July when the press did the usual - whatever happened to - round up of the World Cup winners Stiles was reckoned to be very ill then. Though Martin Peters - apparently - was in the worst condition of the nine left alive.

Peters was still fit enough to attend the Celebration Dinner, whereas our Nobby - my nap of 2017 - was nowhere to be seen.

I thought Peters was pulled out of all the 50th anniversairy events as were Stiles Wilson Greaves and Bonetti?

Oops...I stand corrected. Peters attended the gala final WHU match at Upton Park a few weeks earlier.
Bonetti is a surprise...much younger than the others and never headed the ball.
Bonetti was said to have advanced Alzheimer`s last summer.

I've seen Bonetti in the last couple of months and he looked reasonably well. a long shot for 2017 I'd say

Last I read he was in hospital.Pleased to hear the guy is hanging on in there.

Shadow Deathlist 2017:

1)Tony Booth 2)Leah Bracknell 3)Kirk Douglas 4)Billy Graham 5)Herman Wouk 6)David Rockefeller 7)Clare Hollingworth 8)Leslie Phillips 9)Peter Sallis 10 )Nobby Stiles 11)Glen Campbell 12)Peter Skellern 13)Denis Norden 14)Javier Perez de Cuellar 15)Jake LaMotta 16)George H.W Bush 17)Prince Philip 18)Jerry Lewis 19)Ian Brady 20)Helmut Kohl 21)Jacques Chirac 22)Fats Domino 23)Peter Sarstedt 24)Pierre Cardin 25)Colin Meads 26)John Noakes 27)Ray Kennedy 28)Sheila Mercier 29)Stephen Hawking30)Vera Lynn 31)Olivia de Havilland 32)Ray Wilson 33)Mary Tyler Moore 34)Prunella Scales35)Liz Dawn36)Chuck Berry37)Bill Maynard 38)Paul Gascoigne 39)Jimmy Carter 40)Peter Carrington 41)Stan Lee 42)Henry Kissinger 43)Bob Dole 44)Tony Iommi 5)Doris Day 46)Nicholas Parsons 47)John Hurt 48)Freddie Starr 49)Charles Aznavour 50)Robert Mugabe

2/50

#24 Thatcher

Thatcher

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:03 PM

Here is a recent article for anyone interested.

#25 GossipGabe

GossipGabe

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:19 PM

Here is a recent article for anyone interested.

Was an interesting piece indeed.

It seems like prostate cancer, what I thought was his worst problem, is probably much less concerning for his family than his dementia.

It could be heart wrenching and incredibly difficult for them to deal with this situation, however, it does not necessarily mean that he's likely to meet his maker in the near future.

As long as he's not neglected, his condition might be managable in the short run, though their quality of life would obviously be affected.

If you didn't know whether anything could be worse than an agonizing cancer then you could probably learn a lot from his case.

#26 Shaun of the Dead

Shaun of the Dead

I have no life

• Members
  • 2733 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:30 PM

If he has final stage alzheimers and vascular dementia isnt it likely he will just keep suffering strokes until he dies?

Shadow Deathlist 2017:

1)Tony Booth 2)Leah Bracknell 3)Kirk Douglas 4)Billy Graham 5)Herman Wouk 6)David Rockefeller 7)Clare Hollingworth 8)Leslie Phillips 9)Peter Sallis 10 )Nobby Stiles 11)Glen Campbell 12)Peter Skellern 13)Denis Norden 14)Javier Perez de Cuellar 15)Jake LaMotta 16)George H.W Bush 17)Prince Philip 18)Jerry Lewis 19)Ian Brady 20)Helmut Kohl 21)Jacques Chirac 22)Fats Domino 23)Peter Sarstedt 24)Pierre Cardin 25)Colin Meads 26)John Noakes 27)Ray Kennedy 28)Sheila Mercier 29)Stephen Hawking30)Vera Lynn 31)Olivia de Havilland 32)Ray Wilson 33)Mary Tyler Moore 34)Prunella Scales35)Liz Dawn36)Chuck Berry37)Bill Maynard 38)Paul Gascoigne 39)Jimmy Carter 40)Peter Carrington 41)Stan Lee 42)Henry Kissinger 43)Bob Dole 44)Tony Iommi 5)Doris Day 46)Nicholas Parsons 47)John Hurt 48)Freddie Starr 49)Charles Aznavour 50)Robert Mugabe

2/50

#27 msc

msc

Twunt Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3370 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:44 PM

If he has final stage alzheimers and vascular dementia isnt it likely he will just keep suffering strokes until he dies?

Possibly. One of my great uncles basically spent the last three years of his life either having strokes or recovering from them, and eventually they killed him but he was a shell of a man by then.

Pan Breed 2017: G Downie (joker), Al Baghdadi, A Aspin, L Bracknell, C Butts, E Christie, S Coward, R Elias, G Gilbert, A Holmlund, S Lakovic, T McGiffin, C Nevin, S Ricketts, M Sims, S Karl, S Sumner, B Suisala, J van der Westhuizen, P Van Zandvliet

Other Combined Deadpools: S Hart, P McGill, P Skellern, T Booth, C Bradley, J Busby, G Fox, D Francis, S Hewlett, M Hirst, Bishop E Long, L Magill, C Meads, C MacGregor, R Salmon, D Sawchuk, V Spiridinov, B Starr, J Wetton, M Wilson, V Harper, P Sarstedt, F Ricksen, A Ashley, B Baxter, A Beck, R Easton, S H Evans, P Firman, A Fujimori, B Glanville, J Ivory, L Johansson, S A Jugnauth, N Kember, Sir K Morrison, R Sainsbury, D Stockwell, M Theodorakis, A Thynn, B Walden, H Whittington, J Woodvine, R Angell, B Chatterjee, B Gascoigne, J Blake, J Busby, I Byland, V Greene, S Hankins, C Laws, V Letele, J Pruitt, M Soares, E Morano, J Snuka, King Michael, J Gascoine, L Hawkes, B Simpson, M Wilson, Akihito, Benedict XVI, G Bush Sr, J Chirac, O de Havilland, B Forsyth, M Gorbachev, H Kohl, V Lynn, S Poitier, P Sallis, I St John, R Atkins, D Athill, P Tinsulanonda, G Bayldon, R Hardy, D Carrington, E parsons, M Heseltine  5/100

2016: 32/100

2015: 21/100
2014: 24/100
2013: 28/100
2012: 25/100
Shadow Deathlist 2011- 10/50

#28 WednesdayAddams

WednesdayAddams

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:53 PM

My MIL - god rest her - had advanced dementia, which was listed as cause of death, but she didn't have strokes that I remember. She became fairly sedentary and having a buggered hip didn't help either, which led to poor circulation and in turn then led to her picking up infections in her lungs and heart. So it was more or less pneumonia that was the final nail and caused the heart to fail. I would say if someone was an ex athlete like Stiles, their body would be in better condition than my MIL but it will finish him eventually.

I'm only here for the craic..

Personal list for 2017. Prince Phillip, Richard O'Sullivan, Angela Lansbury, Queen Elizabeth, Bob Newhart, Silvio Berlusconi, Hugh Hefner, Prunella Scales, Clive James, Sepp Blatter, Bruce Forsyth, Stephen Hawking, George Bush Snr, Ian Brady, Jimmy Carter, Valerie Harper, Bernard Ingham, Vera Lynn, Leah Bracknell, Sandy Gall and Olivia De Havilland.

#29 Toast

Toast

Sanctuary Seller

• Members
  • 4177 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:56 PM

The article does say this

"his decline has been so steep in recent weeks that visiting him is out of the question for all but the close family."

DDP teams:
Losing The Plot

There is only one god, and his name is Death, and there is only one thing we say to Death:  "Not today."

#30 WednesdayAddams

WednesdayAddams

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:12 PM

"his decline has been so steep in recent weeks that visiting him is out of the question for all but the close family."

Yep, dementia is a thing which goes up and down in waves and during moments where the sufferer is perhaps a bit more lucid, they can get angry or scared and highly distressed at times. They are not beyond twatting you with their walking stick as I discovered personally!

I'm only here for the craic..

Personal list for 2017. Prince Phillip, Richard O'Sullivan, Angela Lansbury, Queen Elizabeth, Bob Newhart, Silvio Berlusconi, Hugh Hefner, Prunella Scales, Clive James, Sepp Blatter, Bruce Forsyth, Stephen Hawking, George Bush Snr, Ian Brady, Jimmy Carter, Valerie Harper, Bernard Ingham, Vera Lynn, Leah Bracknell, Sandy Gall and Olivia De Havilland.

#31 Shaun of the Dead

Shaun of the Dead

I have no life

• Members
  • 2733 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:13 PM

Possibly. One of my great uncles basically spent the last three years of his life either having strokes or recovering from them, and eventually they killed him but he was a shell of a man by then.

Yeah it is a cruel way to die.

• WednesdayAddams likes this

Shadow Deathlist 2017:

2/50

#32 Toast

Toast

Sanctuary Seller

• Members
  • 4177 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:16 PM

Yep, dementia is a thing which goes up and down in waves and during moments where the sufferer is perhaps a bit more lucid, they can get angry or scared and highly distressed at times. They are not beyond twatting you with their walking stick as I discovered personally!

Yes, it was the recent steep decline that caught my eye though.

• WednesdayAddams likes this

DDP teams:
Losing The Plot

#33 Shaun of the Dead

Shaun of the Dead

I have no life

• Members
  • 2733 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:28 PM

Yes, it was the recent steep decline that caught my eye though.

Especially when you consider that his son described him as being very very poorly in August.Clearly he is in a new phase altogether.

Shadow Deathlist 2017:

2/50

#34 Swagmasta

Swagmasta

Morbid interest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:48 AM

Im calling that he dies January 26

Personal death list 2017: 1) Vera Lynn, 2) Jimmy Carter, 3) Michael J. Fox, 4) Ian Brady, 5) Beverly Cleary, 6) Caroline Kennedy, 7) Mary Tyler Moore, 8) Robert Mugabe, 9) Jake Lamotta, 10) Carol Channing, 11) George H. W. Bush, 12) Kirk Douglas, 13) Stan Lee, 14) Kenny Rogers, 15) Rudy Boesch, 16) Peter Sallis, 17) Doris Day, 18) Bob Barker, 19) Dick Van Dyke, 20) David Rockefeller, 21) Shannen Doherty, 22) Cloris Leachmen, 23) James Lipton, 24) Mike Kostiuk, 25) Honor Blackman, 26) Harry Belafonte, 27) Betty White, 28) Desmond Tutu, 29) Joseph Wapner, 30) Billy Graham, 31) Fats Domino, 32) Jackie Stallone, 33) Monty Hall, 34) Pierre Cardin, 35) Chuck Berry, 36) Valerie Harper, 37) Tommy Chong, 38) Tina Turner, 39) Joe Jackson, 40) Mel Brooks, 41) John Bartha, 42) Donald Trump, 43) Mike Pence, 44) Johnny Manziel, 45) Liz Dawn, 46) Nichelle Nichols, 47) Irwin Corey, 48) Mary Costa, 49) Tommy Lasorda, 50) Angela Lansbury

2016 predicted deaths: J. Havelange, F. Castro, Z. Gabor, M. Crowe, G. Gaynes, H. Marks, L. Tovar, A. Vigoda, J. Glenn, N. Reagan, K. Kallen, F. Henderson, M. Irvin, G. Wilder, H. Lee, D. Bowie, J. Feek, R. Angelil, B. Cianci, P. Harrington Jr., G. Kennedy (21/75)

#35 Phantom

Phantom

Maryport resident

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7234 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:28 AM

That really is heart-wrenching to read. Although was I the only one while reading that, thinking "I could have sworn he had less teeth than that"?

It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's hilarious.

-------

A good line never dies, It just smells funny

----
Phantom's Pick 'n' Mix 0/20

Macaulay Culkin (joker), Terry Jones, Tony Booth,  Fats Domino, Gordon Banks, Jimmy Greaves, Robert M. Pirsig, Patricia Hitchcock, Ian St. John, Jerry Maren, Art Bell,  Ian Brady, Peter Sutcliffe, D.J. Fontana, Billy Graham, Nick Clifford, Liz Dawn, Sylvia Miles, Glen Glenn, Wanda Jackson

Sad Last Days (Theme Team) 0/20 - 

1. Macaulay Culkin (Joker), 2, Bill Clinton , 3. Sean Connory, 4. Roger Moore, 5.  Ursula Andress, 6. Kirk Douglas, 7. Angela Lansbury, 8. Mary Tyler Moore, 9. Linda Ronstadt, 10. Kenny Rogers, 11. James Caan, 12. Sophia Loren. 13.  George H.W. Bush, 14.  Doris Day, 15. Cher, 16. Jerry Lee Lewis, 17.  Priscilla Presley18. Burt Reynolds, 19, Phil Spector 20. Bill Cosby

2017 Shadow List

1/50

Nobby Stiles, Kenny Sansom, , Gordon Banks,  Daisy Berkowitz, Tom "Dynamite Kid" Billington, Tony Booth, Ian Brady, Leah Bracknell, George H.W Bush, Puerra Cardin, Jacques Chirac, Beverly Cleary, Nick Clifford, Liz Dawn, Gerard Depardieu, Bob Dole, Clarissa Eden, Janet Fielding, June Foray, Bruce Forsyth, Gaston Glock, Billy Graham, "Superstar" Billy Graham, Jimmy Greaves, Rolf Harris, Patricia Hitchcock, Clare Hollingworth, Clive James, Terry Jones, Helmut Kohl, Jerry Maren, Sylvia Miles, Joni Mitchell, Walter Mondale, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Robert Mugabe, Denis Norden, Leslie Phillips, Don Rickles, Sonny Rollins, Peter Sallis, Dudley Simpson, Ian St. John, Prunella Scales, Jackie Stallone,Stefan Karl Stefansson, Peter Sutcliffe, William Woodson

Winner of the 2014 Wojciech Jarulzelski sweepstakes

DDP 2016 - 74th - DDP 2015 - 29th - DDP 2014 4/20 - Joint 71st , DDP 2013 11/20 - Joint 24th, DDP 2012 8/20 - Joint 47th

#36 Shaun of the Dead

Shaun of the Dead

I have no life

• Members
  • 2733 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:26 AM

That really is heart-wrenching to read. Although was I the only one while reading that, thinking "I could have sworn he had less teeth than that"?

Yeah it made me feel very sad.Dentures?

Shadow Deathlist 2017:

2/50

#37 Shaun of the Dead

Shaun of the Dead

I have no life

• Members
  • 2733 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:27 AM

June 3rd 2017

Shadow Deathlist 2017:

2/50

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users