Grim Reaper

Leah Bracknell

New photo on her Twitter. Can’t paste it at the moment...

Certainly not taken recently.  Looks like another from the previous session. 

Same necklace, white garments.

DLuX3JsUEAAf_br.jpg

Here's the pic in question:

EDIT: Hadn't yet seen Toast put the image in her post when I put this here... but eh, the link to Bracknell's blog is still something new.

It’s time to collectively change the narrative: to seek empowerment not defeat at the hands of cancer. We are told that only a “cure” is a win. I disagree, I don’t know if cure is on the cards for me or indeed you.

Frankly, I don't really know what I should feel about this esoteric "shamanic healing" and "empowerment" nonsense. I mean, I sort of suspect that she's just experiencing the third stage of the Kübler-Ross model (5 stages of grief):

The third stage involves the hope that the individual can avoid a cause of grief. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is made in exchange for a reformed lifestyle.

But even so, I'm not sure if there is a better alternative for her. Clearly, hoping that her cancer can "empower" her and help her experience "spiritual progress" might be a better alternative than feeling hopeless, depressed and crying all day, but I feel that ultimately, she's just lying to herself.

Is it an ominous sign that her poorly developed "blog" has had a break in shamanist bullshit recently? 

Maybe she's off her meds, only people with cancer meds constantly being pumped into them are high enough to scribble up what she posts. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4977572/Leah-Bracknell-says-alternative-remedies-kept-alive.html

Sorry it's the D**ly M**l, but apparently she's feeling well, Shamanist bullshit or not. She's been going well over a year now.

If she's alive on January 1st, though, I shall eat my own shoes.

She's being a bad example. More people will believe in alternative bullshit and Drollercoaster will miss its joker.

• Like 1

She wants top spot next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheQuimReaper said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4977572/Leah-Bracknell-says-alternative-remedies-kept-alive.html

Sorry it's the D**ly M**l, but apparently she's feeling well, Shamanist bullshit or not. She's been going well over a year now.

Well, Sam Simon and Martin Crowe lasted a while with their cancer even when it looked like they’re about to die a lot of the time. Thinking Leah may follow suit. I think the real shocker, however, is how all three Leah, Gord Downie, and King Michael are still alive. They were (and still are) some of the best picks on the list, yet, the committee already at 14 without any of them. Most of the hits were 50/50ers thus far, so it proves that you don’t necessarily need a lot of dead certs to get a great score, you just need to pick the right people to get you to that great score...

16 hours ago, TheQuimReaper said:

This shoe-eating

You'll go live on FB and invite us to watch, right?

• Like 3

Well, she says she has her bad days... But it's a farily long interview. Really unexpected.

If she survives, my main team will also miss its joker, but 5th place for the B-Team is more or less safe. 

18 hours ago, TheQuimReaper said:

Do you want Red or White wine that that? Or a beer? Fries or baked potatoe? 

1 hour ago, theoldlady said:

Do you want Red or White wine that that? Or a beer? Fries or baked potatoe? 

Lager, preferably a Sol.

Yes, I'm ashamed.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Well, she says she has her bad days... But it's a farily long interview. Really unexpected.

If she survives, my main team will also miss its joker, but 5th place for the B-Team is more or less safe. 

Well, it’s not as painful as having your joker die but not obitting in the end...

If Bracknell and Downie both survive the year - not unthinkable!, it does further vindicate my logic in jokering Christie - ie, picking a name who already survived a year of being perceived a cert over "new" certs.

21 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Well, Sam Simon and Martin Crowe lasted a while with their cancer even when it looked like they’re about to die a lot of the time.

You know, even Joey Feek did too. She was even expecting to die but lived past all her milestones she set for herself.

On 13/10/2017 at 18:11, TheQuimReaper said:

The article is all over the place says she was diagnosed in October 2014 and its a year on from diagnosis. According to interviews she done in the middle of October 2016 she was diagnosed 5 weeks before. So early September 2016

2 hours ago, Deathbysnoosnoo said:

New post from her.

Seems very like acceptance of the end with loads of thank you's to her 1000's of ancestors.

Blog

Isn't this just related to Day of the Dead? 

She sat in a teepee around a fire? With lung cancer?

Talk about trying to hurry the process forward 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, philheybrookbay said:

She sat in a teepee around a fire? With lung cancer?

Talk about trying to hurry the process forward 

Probably had a few spliffs as well.

Apparently still active, but also no new photo in months.

Same article refers to her talking about "being diagnosed a year ago" in September.

Daily Mail line editing for you.