Grim Reaper

Leah Bracknell

8 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Bowie presented his album ...three (?)... days before his death.

Yes, though he knew it was terminal almost 2 months before his death.

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Update on her Facebook page, the Daily Mail reports:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4750042/Leah-Bracknell-shares-sad-poem-cancer-diagnosis.html

Apparently, she's in pain.

Edit: The Mail says she actually went to Germany. But that needn't be total proof.

I think we should all write poems, Leah has inspired me.

Leah don't die
I didn't choose you
My 2018 team
Don't wanna lose you

Keep writing poems
About the Big C

and help me prevail

next year's DDP

• Like 11

Sir Creep, this is no DDP boast,

But Leah will soon become a ghost.

She's not feeling fantastic,

As her cancer's quite metastatic.

That doesn't rhyme, but it is true.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Leah Bracknell

She's not well,

Leah Bracknell

Farewell.

• Like 2

Leah Bracknell - you played Zoe Tate,

Now I want you to give some points to Dead Wait,

I'm never been good at games like poker,

Took a gamble picking you as my joker,

We've watched you for many years on TV,

But now all I want is for you to RIP.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This presentation is sponsored by the bill Clinton rape whistle. When bill comes to your town let him know your out there and that you know the truth.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Dead Wait said:

Leah Bracknell - you played Zoe Tate,

Now I want you to give some points to Dead Wait,

I'm never been good at games like poker,

Took a gamble picking you as my joker,

We've watched you for many years on TV,

But now all I want is for you to RIP.......

Nooooooo! The rhyme poker-joker, I tought about it all night....

The body of Leah Bracknell

is filled with cancer shrapnell

It has spread to every cell

turning her life into hell

• Like 3

https://www.gofundme.com/2r2kwanw :Leah's cancer drug stopped working months ago.Now relying solely on "alternative treatments" and looking to go to the Hallwang clinic sooner rather than later.

Her partner says that they are still considering longterm remission a possibility.11 months into a stage 4 lung diagnosis!Whatever they are smoking it must be good shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If she believes then he has to write that he does - what would you write in his position?

Sounds like she will die either late this year or early next year.Can see how having 2_3 months in reasonable health followed by a quick decline.

Just now, Grim Up North said:

If she believes then he has to write that he does - what would you write in his position?

Remaining optimistic and working towards the best result clinically possible.

2 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Her partner says that they are still considering longterm remission a possibility.11 months into a stage 4 lung diagnosis!Whatever they are smoking it must be good shit.

Well, lately we could find quite a few articles (including a recent one on CNN about McCain's options) that hail immunotherapy as if it was a panacea against cancer. In fact, Jimmy Carter's recent 'success story' (surviving 2 years with stage 4 melanoma that had spread to his liver and his brain – a feat that would have been impossible a decade ago) could even lend some credibility to these articles until you realize that melanoma is just one specific type of cancer against which immunotherapy was really successful, but that doesn't guarantee anything against different types, such as lung or brain cancer. But it's pretty much the only thing that can offer them slender hope.

Edited by GossipGabe
+link
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Sounds like she will die either late this year or early next year.Can see how having 2_3 months in reasonable health followed by a quick decline.

As said in the thread already, she already looks quite thin so yes, I will agree with you.

15 minutes ago, GossipGabe said:

Well, lately we could find quite a few articles (including a recent one on CNN about McCain's options) that hail immunotherapy as if it was a panacea against cancer. In fact, Jimmy Carter's recent 'success story' (surviving 2 years with stage 4 melanoma that had spread to his liver and his brain – a feat that would have been impossible a decade ago) could even lend some credibility to these articles until you realize that melanoma is just one specific type of cancer against which immunotherapy was really successful, but that doesn't guarantee anything against different types, such as lung or brain cancer. But it's pretty much the only thing that can offer them slender hope.

True.Still weird how she has never said were the cancer has spread to.

26 minutes ago, GossipGabe said:

I though Carter's success was down to Keytruda. Nevertheless, immunotherapy could work for a while, though I think that part of it is a placebo effect. But then, Bracknell's shamanistic healing might have already soaked up all her placebo "reservoir".

48 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

As said in the thread already, she already looks quite thin so yes, I will agree with you.

I'm not really seeing this.  She's always looked quite thin and bony.  Have a look at some of the pics from Emmerdale in this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3825726/Emmerdale-star-Leah-Bracknell-played-Zoe-Tate-16-years-diagnosed-terminal-lung-cancer.html

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

I though Carter's success was down to Keytruda.

Which is a drug used in cancer immunotherapy e.g. against metastatic melanoma (like Carter's cancer) and (specific subtypes of) metastatic non-small cell lung cancer.

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Nevertheless, immunotherapy could work for a while, though I think that part of it is a placebo effect. But then, Bracknell's shamanistic healing might have already soaked up all her placebo "reservoir".

There must be more to it than a simple placebo effect, at least against advanced melanoma. (And there ought to be, since it has a lot more side effects than homeopathic medicine.) For example, according to the pharma company selling Keytruda, during clinical trials, their drug was effective for five times as many patients as standard chemotherapy (and induced complete remission for some patients). On the other hand, they couldn't really brag about similarly impressive figures for lung cancer.

• Thanks 1

I think Leah's decline will be very quick like gord downies.

On Twitter, 4 days ago:

image.png

On 8/8/2017 at 20:43, gcreptile said:

On Twitter, 4 days ago:

image.png

That's the smile of a woman with more than 4 and half months to live ;)  .

Changed my mind now we can see more of her.  Her arms and shoulders look very shrunken and thin.