Grim Reaper

Leah Bracknell

31 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I heard of a friend of mine whose doctors have given 2 months to live and who finally lived more than 2 years so...

A teacher at my old school when I was there was given 6 months to live due to terminal cancer in the late 90s he eventually died about 10 years later, so it does happen. He did have the big fella on his side though as he was the Religious Education teacher and he also had 10 kids as he didn’t believe in contraception. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I heard of a friend of mine whose doctors have given 2 months to live and who finally lived more than 2 years so...

How is your cancer doing? I hope you got better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drol said:

How is your cancer doing? I hope you got better.

It's really kind of you to ask ! It's getting a little better those time, I'm really happy and really motivated to win this fight ! 

I'll tell you when I have some interesting news ! 

thanks a lot, really ! 

Good night from Paris !

• Like 18

52 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

It's really kind of you to ask ! It's getting a little better those time, I'm really happy and really motivated to win this fight ! 

I'll tell you when I have some interesting news ! 

thanks a lot, really ! 

Good night from Paris !

Well said

• Like 1

On 14/08/2018 at 23:17, Putin said:

Well said

quite funny to see "Putin has quoted you" in my notification 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I’ll say this, but that treatment has got her to two years which is the normal extreme of lung cancer diagnosis. Clearly draining her lungs is assisting her life span.

Im also guessing that this was isolated as a primary site given that if this was secondary she’d have gone by now.

Whilst a tad frustrating deathlist wise, does anyone have any ideas how long past  2 years the medical extremes can go on for? 

2 hours ago, philheybrookbay said:

I’ll say this, but that treatment has got her to two years which is the normal extreme of lung cancer diagnosis. Clearly draining her lungs is assisting her life span.

Im also guessing that this was isolated as a primary site given that if this was secondary she’d have gone by now.

Whilst a tad frustrating deathlist wise, does anyone have any ideas how long past  2 years the medical extremes can go on for? 

The 5 year survival for Leah's type of cancer is around 8% tops. However, the fact she's getting the lung drains at this point suggest she's not in that 8%.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, msc said:

The 5 year survival for Leah's type of cancer is around 8% tops. However, the fact she's getting the lung drains at this point suggest she's not in that 8%.

Thanks MSC, my knowledge of cancer sadly is always at stage 4 and in months so your info is appreciated.

Make of that what you will.

• Sad 1

Maybe her post was a-bridged. :D

I'll pick up the trousers I left somewhere.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

I'll have some of what she's smoking.

• Haha 1

It does sound a little like the 5th stage of grief.

11 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Make of that what you will

Learning the lines for Emmerdale meets Twin Peaks?

• Haha 1

She’s planning on having ‘Bridge over troubled Waters’ at the funeral????

13 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

It's Central London. Breathing in the view is probably what gave her lung cancer.

• Like 2

What's that Rab C quote?  London's alright "for a fracture, but I wouldnae like to terminal with it."

15 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

She's shit at taking photos of Big Ben?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

She's shit at taking photos of Big Ben?

It's covered in scaffolding at the moment. There's not much to photograph.

• Like 1

I am beginning to think that she will survive this year actually

• Like 1

Ah, now I know her secret...from her blog:

As the days and weeks have progressed my strength and vitality have improved daily on a diet of spiritual nourishment, all night out-door ceremony, community, friendships old, friendships new, family, magical Mexican healings, hot sweaty camping, prayers of gratitude, prayers for the Earth, gathering around the fire with indigenous elders, dancing with the deer, feeding the soul, feeding the spirit, teaching in circle, learning in circle, introducing Marakames (indigenous Mexican shaman) to the delights of kebabs and fish and chips.

https://somethingbeginningwithc.com/2018/08/21/life-is-like-a-box-of-chocolates/

Yeah, she's going to slip into another year it seems (or even more, like, say, Valerie Harper?)

On 22/08/2018 at 21:50, gcreptile said:

Ah, now I know her secret...from her blog:

As the days and weeks have progressed my strength and vitality have improved daily on a diet of spiritual nourishment, all night out-door ceremony, community, friendships old, friendships new, family, magical Mexican healings, hot sweaty camping, prayers of gratitude, prayers for the Earth, gathering around the fire with indigenous elders, dancing with the deer, feeding the soul, feeding the spirit, teaching in circle, learning in circle, introducing Marakames (indigenous Mexican shaman) to the delights of kebabs and fish and chips.

https://somethingbeginningwithc.com/2018/08/21/life-is-like-a-box-of-chocolates/

Yeah, she's going to slip into another year it seems (or even more, like, say, Valerie Harper?)

Hmm - dunno; that reads much like someone who's grasp of the moment is so strong the plot as the rest of us would understand it exists at some distance.

• Like 1