Grim Reaper

Leah Bracknell

36 minutes ago, msc said:

She's got the Bernie Nolan Spring 2013 look about her, to me.

Are you saying she feels like dancing?

• Like 1

Well if she does, she should take the opportunity while she can!

Link to the interview

20 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Link to the interview

Is this a Tory plot to convince people to believe in Shamanism over medicine, thereby reducing the burden on the NHS?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rockhopperpenguin said:

Is this a Tory plot to convince people to believe in Shamanism over medicine, thereby reducing the burden on the NHS?

Not a lot the NHS can give her though.A clinical trial and the offer of a few rounds of chemo is about as far as anyone can go with stage 4 lung cancer.

This is the part of the year when dead certs don't seem so certs anymore. There will be a part of the year in which they fall like flies.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Not a lot the NHS can give her though.A clinical trial and the offer of a few rounds of chemo is about as far as anyone can go with stage 4 lung cancer.

True, but this plays to the underlying narrative of what do experts know. 

2 hours ago, rockhopperpenguin said:

True, but this plays to the underlying narrative of what do experts know. 

Most  terminal cancer patients use that line as a defence mechanism.No one wants to accept they are royally screwed.I have heard those lines before by people in similar situations and it is better than people panicking and getting withdrawn and depressed by a prognosis.Although I almost certainly would fall into the latter category if I were in such a situation as I am by nature a pessimist.

1 minute ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Most  terminal cancer patients use that line as a defence mechanism.No one wants to accept they are royally screwed.I have heard those lines before by people in similar situations and it is better than people panicking and getting withdrawn and depressed by a prognosis.Although I almost certainly would fall into the latter category if I were in such a situation as I am by nature a pessimist.

But in her case she asked for money to go some quack in Germany. Her appearance helps to legitimise such folly.

There are many examples of people who decide to accept fate and live life to the last, without having to resort to higher plane of consciousness nonsense. 

• Like 2

True.Strangely she didn`t mention the clinic.

To paraphrase Tina Turner, "We Don't Need Another Wilko!" 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jackschlotter said:

Do we even know if she went to the clinic?

And if not where did the money go? Would she get a fee from Loose Women?

From what I have read on her gofundme page she is now on a clinical trial from the NHS and is going to use the money when that stops working.That is me reading behind the lines.

27 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

From what I have read on her gofundme page she is now on a clinical trial from the NHS and is going to use the money when that stops working.That is me reading behind the lines.

Not a lot of optimism there then. 

7 hours ago, rockhopperpenguin said:

Not a lot of optimism there then. 

Well she did seem more resigned to her situation in the interview.She says she doesn`t want to know how long she probably has but I bet she has googled it.Only 14% of those diagnosed at her stage live for a year and between 1 and 2 % last 5 years.

She will make it until next year IMO . The medication she is on now is working , with the opportunity for more medical treatment after that stops working to extend her life. 5 months on she is a little more skinny but she doesn't look like someone on deaths door maybe more like in deaths garden :blink:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the_engineer said:

She will make it until next year IMO . The medication she is on now is working , with the opportunity for more medical treatment after that stops working to extend her life. 5 months on she is a little more skinny but she doesn't look like someone on deaths door maybe more like in deaths garden :blink:

That's what we thought about Johan Cruyff this time last year.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Toast said:

There was some rotten predictions last year. When that "assess your DDP team" thing happened last March, 5 of the 6 picks both myself and Death Impends suggested were "unlikely" wound up being DDP scores for both of us! :lol:

Bracknell's a goner this year for me, circa July/August. She's got the Maccorkingdale look about her in that interview above.

2 hours ago, msc said:

There was some rotten predictions last year. When that "assess your DDP team" thing happened last March, 5 of the 6 picks both myself and Death Impends suggested were "unlikely" wound up being DDP scores for both of us! :lol:

Bracknell's a goner this year for me, circa July/August. She's got the Maccorkingdale look about her in that interview above.

Hammy? 

On 26/02/2017 at 10:08, Toast said:

There's also the close to death around November/December time and fighting on for one last Christmas and new year etc .  If she is going to die this year then She will go before September.

She is set to reprise her role as Zoe Tate for two episodes next month.

14 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

An April fool if ever i saw one.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Is there a possibility that German Clinic did enough to cure her cancer or at least prolong her death? 

39 minutes ago, jackschlotter said:

Is there a possibility that German Clinic did enough to cure her cancer or at least prolong her death

angry-skull-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 1