Grim Reaper

Leah Bracknell

Sad though inevitable news, though she well to survive as long as she did. She was one of the very few actors I never met on Emmerdale, mainly because most of her filming was done on location at the Harewood set, but she was by all accounts a lovely person and I never heard anyone say a bad word about her. Indeed, she was a favourite of quite a lot of the staff as despite being, certainly for a time, probably the most famous and best-known character in the soap, she never let it go to her head and there were no airs and graces with other actors, staff or fans, with whom she was particularly generous with her time. 

I'm not a fan of the hippy-dippy new age stuff but if it gave her hope and positivity after such a grim prognosis then I'm glad it helped her live out her remaining time with contemplative happiness, gratitude of life and peace of mind.

RIP :angel2:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, msc said:

In among the tributes, just learnt she was daughter of assistant director David Bracknell who worked on the Indiana Jones films and many British ones

Most famously was second unit director of the 'Battle Of Britain' film action scenes.

Ooh, I'd forgotten she was my main team joker!

Gonna go with the 29th for the DDP update just to get the tables sorted, will change later if needs be.

Wow, poor lady, can't imagine having to suffer such a terrible cancer for 3 years.  Rest in peace.

someone younger than me has died.

Edit, can't add up.

Condolences.

Guess this is my last chance to share my art work of Leah Bracknell as a Blood. Took me a whole 2 minutes in Microsoft Paint.

image.thumb.png.dc1b2e1742935d2a010b05ba01ce8884.png

So she died way back in September and just announced today? That's rather odd. Wouldn't be as shocking for an elderly, low-profile celebrity... but she was in the news a lot and still relevant.

I hope we all agree that we need not go back to the ''XXth poll of 2019'' threads and correct them chronologically for this pre-Baker, possibly pre-Chirac (if the 29th death date is false) DL death. :P

After two years of having her on the DDP, I dropped her and Greg Gilbert and thought I was gonna eke out the year with them still living. Not the case for one of them. Now if Greggy dies too I'll be mad...

I fell down a few spots too.

Just now, Youth in Asia said:

Who are the Ricksens and Bracknells of next year?

Gulpilil Trebek Smullen Turnbull P-Orridge  Alagiah Sam Lloyd Bader Ginsburg ?

Peter Falk has Alzheimer’s disease 

4 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Who are the Ricksens and Bracknells of next year?

What does that mean and I'll tell you

9 hours ago, RadGuy said:

Guess this is my last chance to share my art work of Leah Bracknell as a Blood. Took me a whole 2 minutes in Microsoft Paint.

image.thumb.png.dc1b2e1742935d2a010b05ba01ce8884.png

So she died way back in September and just announced today? That's rather odd. Wouldn't be as shocking for an elderly, low-profile celebrity... but she was in the news a lot and still relevant.

I hope we all agree that we need not go back to the ''XXth poll of 2019'' threads and correct them chronologically for this pre-Baker, possibly pre-Chirac (if the 29th death date is false) DL death. :P

After two years of having her on the DDP, I dropped her and Greg Gilbert and thought I was gonna eke out the year with them still living. Not the case for one of them. Now if Greggy dies too I'll be mad...

I fell down a few spots too.

Re the death date - Wiki only has September , at some point surely the family will say when or it'll come out by way of a public doc

Relevant if only because she had quite a following on the HPDP where such things are crucial

They probably did not want to announce her death till after her funeral. Thats my guess anyway.

28 minutes ago, Elvis is alive! said:

They probably did not want to announce her death till after her funeral. Thats my guess anyway.

Aye, s'funny because with the lack of Leah action I thought something smelled funny around this thread

10 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, s'funny because with the lack of Leah action I thought something smelled funny around this thread

That was all the premium Bracknell ganja. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Sean said:

Gulpilil Trebek Smullen Turnbull P-Orridge  Alagiah Sam Lloyd Bader Ginsburg ?

That’s a long name

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Anyone got an exact date for her death?

All I can find, and I can admit my glance is cursory, is 'September' which is about as much use as a chocolate fireplace for the Hare's Pool.

It’s still unclear when she died, although I think we can safely say that she was alive at least up to September 10th due to this being her last tweet: 

The Grim Reaper is back to his old tricks

16 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

It’s still unclear when she died, although I think we can safely say that she was alive at least up to September 10th due to this being her last tweet: 

You can schedule a tweet in advance (as a celeb with busy commitments this is something Bracknell could have done).

There was a recent case of a that Conservative youth lass who scheduled her suicide note to be tweeted after she'd committed suicide, so a tweet from someone's account is not in itself proof they were alive 

29 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

You get the best chance of surviving cancer if it is diagnosed early.

I can tell you from personal experience that staff shortages have fuck all to do with poor early diagnosis, fucking useless GPs and consultants do.

Even when she was dying she was on the wrong sodding train.

33 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

You get the best chance of surviving cancer if it is diagnosed early.

I can tell you from personal experience that staff shortages have fuck all to do with poor early diagnosis, fucking useless GPs and consultants do.

Even when she was dying she was on the wrong sodding train.

I agree with you to an extent, GPs reluctance to refer people is an issue...

But presumably (given recent personal experience with NHS waiting times); if there is more staff and more equipment; waiting times should come down which would increase the possibility of early diagnosis (as consultants would not be pressurised to repeatedly avoid referring people who actually need to go to the hospital as they are now) rather than living in eternal limbo land waiting for appointments and having to chase them up every time you get told you should get an appointment in X weeks. 

I think both you and Leah are (were) arguing the same fatal flaw in our system just at different angles on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kinnock said:

I agree with you to an extent, GPs reluctance to refer people is an issue...

But presumably (given recent personal experience with NHS waiting times); if there is more staff and more equipment; waiting times should come down which would increase the possibility of early diagnosis (as consultants would not be pressurised to repeatedly avoid referring people who actually need to go to the hospital as they are now) rather than living in eternal limbo land waiting for appointments and having to chase them up every time you get told you should get an appointment in X weeks. 

I think both you and Leah are (were) arguing the same fatal flaw in our system just at different angles on it.

Ever the diplomat.:D

• Haha 1

What does numerology say @bladan did she go to the Burnie hot or is she up there now passing the bong with the apostles?