RadGuy

Thoughts On The 2017 List

They will get the record!

Calling it now. The record's going in 2017.

Or I would if Shaun's post had shown up...

They will get the record!

you say that every year!
  • Like 1

Nice looking list. Forgive me if this is a newb questions but why is everyone's age off? Kirk Douglas only turned 100 less than a month ago.

Colin Mead's, Mario Soares and Stefan Karl Stefansson why no list?

Fame level issues for all of them.

As someone who is not familiar with sports heirarchy in the UK how would someone voted NZ's Greatest Rugby Player of the 20th Century not at least meet the accomplishment /notability level test to make the top 50 the way a Javier De Pereze Cueller,Kirk Kerkorian,non famous noble prize winner did to make the list in the past.

My thoughts excellent list but with a few glaring ommissons. 8 out of 10,

Nice looking list. Forgive me if this is a newb questions but why is everyone's age off? Kirk Douglas only turned 100 less than a month ago.

It's the age they will be on the birthday they have during 2017.

Maybe its about time we updated the code to be a bit more precise...

It's the age they turn this year... if they make it, of course.

My main complaint is that Sumner Redstone should have been on there. As someone from the world of business. The Kerkorian pick was a success as well.

Wait a second? No Clive James? Fuck.

Yeah I think we can rule out his pulling off a Wilko Johnson (besides just being a bald, pompous bore who fancies himself an intellectual)

Ideas for 2017 thread was obviously used as a sketch :D good job, now it took me 5 minutes to log in and write this....a bottle of champagne and half of a chocolate liqueur, time for bed, I can sleep in peace now with this good list

Really good list IMHO but no Clive James this year might be a mistake. Another Harper Lee type miss ahead there I think.

The more I read this list the more it grows on me. There's no terrible picks like piggott.

As someone who is not familiar with sports heirarchy in the UK how would someone voted NZ's Greatest Rugby Player of the 20th Century not at least meet the accomplishment /notability level test to make the top 50 the way a Javier De Pereze Cueller,Kirk Kerkorian,non famous noble prize winner did to make the list in the past.

Fair point but I would say Jonah Lumu was by far the most famous NZ rugby player despite perhaps not being the best player. Maybe he will get UK obits - we will see.

Like on old gravestones .... Someone who was 94 is "in their 95th year".

Fair point but I would say Jonah Lumu was by far the most famous NZ rugby player despite perhaps not being the best player. Maybe he will get UK obits - we will see.

While we have your attention, is there any chance of you making the chat function work? I'll give you free weather forecasts for a year. E.g. it'll be slightly cloudy in Berkhamsted on May 21st.

Ah, makes sense. If this is the same code that is making the dead age too, I'd agree. Amusing as it is, I don't think the Queen Mum was 116 when she died.

My main complaint is that Sumner Redstone should have been on there. As someone from the world of business. The Kerkorian pick was a success as well.

My main theory is that Sumner Redstone died in like 2014-2015 but someone is Weekend At Bernie'ing the corpse because he lives in such a Lavash Party House. If this is true it's a very smart decision to be excluded from any deadpool teams.

My main theory is that Sumner Redstone died in like 2014-2015 but someone is Weekend At Bernie'ing the corpse because he lives in such a Lavash Party House. If this is true it's a very smart decision to be excluded from any deadpool teams.

It's really not entirely implausible!

Meads's cancer diagnosis got mentioned by the BBC, so there won't be any worries on that front.

Considering almost 30 of the list are 90+ I would expect an exceptional year! I wonder if including her maj and the racist will bring some well deserved media attention to the list... here's hoping.

Considering almost 30 of the list are 90+ I would expect an exceptional year! I wonder if including her maj and the racist will bring some well deserved media attention to the list... here's hoping.

You can't call him a racist.

He's 96 which means its just old peoples talk. Although I can't really use that to explain the first 80 years...

• Like 5

All in all solid list. I would suppose 12-13 hits this year.

But for my taste again some unspectacular names like Sandy Gall, Gord Downie, Gay Byrne. Quite possible that they are well known in UK, but certainly not worldwide. I mean, they even dont have a wiki-entry here in Germany...on the other Hand they have renounced some big names like Chirac, Chuck Berry, Doris Day, Kissinger....but anyway

I am also surprised that Colin Meads or Mario Soares were not included, in my Point of view two certain deaths this year?!

What I like is the selection of Rockefeller, Pope Benedikt, Akihito and Hugh Hefner! Well done :hatsoff:

• Like 1

My mother just said to me at a new years eve party so which celebrity is going to die first ha!She doesnt even know I deadpool!

• Like 1