Guest Guest Yank

Adam Ant

Actually, please do explain that, because honestly the only thing I'm coming up with is way too wild to contemplate much less share...And would only serve to confuse me more.....

Cassandra :blink:

Cassandra, unplug the juke box and do us all a favour...

Cassandra, unplug the juke box and do us all a favour...

Ok, if you aren't actually going to say anything intelligable...I don't see the point.

By the by, some things never loose their flavor and the Adam and the Ants fall under that heading.

For Chewie...

Yes "Kings of the Wild Frontier" did include the track of "Killer in the home".

Cassandra

Adam Ant

Superb article in the Times about his past, present & future.

There isn't a photo in the online version, but there is in the print version. In short, it doesn't look like he'll die soon. In fact, now, especially as he's lost weight, he looks if he's in his 30's!

Indeed, a damn good read. He's still 'not right in't heed' mind, so a watching brief might pay off if he loses his medication for a few days.

Looking well at the Malcolm McLaren funeral which sounds like a most enjoyable event. Wish I'd known about the 'moment of mayhem' - I was in either B&Q or Lidl at the time, what fun I could have had. :D

Looking well at the Malcolm McLaren funeral which sounds like a most enjoyable event. Wish I'd known about the 'moment of mayhem' - I was in either B&Q or Lidl at the time, what fun I could have had. :D

Fun!

The mayhem didn't materialise, BBC PM show described it as lots of television crews training their lenses on a handful of middle aged punks who didn't do much. Those punks are the same mob who parade around Camden looking like it's 1982 (i.e. when the Mohicans were in full-force and sporting 'Punk's Not Dead' slogans on their leather jackets), and charge a few quid for photos with tourists.

Fun!

The mayhem didn't materialise, BBC PM show described it as lots of television crews training their lenses on a handful of middle aged punks who didn't do much. Those punks are the same mob who parade around Camden looking like it's 1982 (i.e. when the Mohicans were in full-force and sporting 'Punk's Not Dead' slogans on their leather jackets), and charge a few quid for photos with tourists.

On the BBC news website, you can clearly hear the naughty C word in My Way that they were playing on the bus. It amused me.

That nice Mr. Goddard tells a hall full of Christians to "Fuck Off!"

Today the Oasis Centre, Portsmouth, tomorrow the Treatment Centre, Rampton?

DWB :(

That nice Mr. Goddard tells a hall full of Christians to "Fuck Off!"

DWB :(

Firstly how on Earth can anyone spend TWO WEEKS holidaying in Portsmouth?

Adam, 55, real name Stuart Goddard, was due to play a 30-minute set at the Oasis Centre in the town - where he has been holidaying for the past two weeks - to raise money for starving children in the Phillipines.

Secondly what was that thing about forgiveness and Christianity again? I think the Oasis centre may need reminding. Or is it one of those multifaith thingies that can pick and choose the best bits?

'The Oasis centre is a religious venue and most of the crowd were devout Christians. He will never be welcomed back.'

Anyway, two weeks. Jesus, the guy must still be crazy.

Nearly DWB!

Sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

Ant fans - please send me postcards at the Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, Fulham Road. Please don't come down here as it may upset the staff who have been really pleasant. I am having a well earned rest at Her Majesty's Pleasure and am painting and continuing being an art student. I have a great view and am considering gigs later in the year.

Well, if telling groups of Christians to f**k off merits being locked up under the mental health act I suppose I had better pop off to commit myself...

The Antster has been added to this year's Hard Rock Calling event in Hyde Park, not exactly top of the bill anymore, but it's still a presigious gig for the likes of him. Central London, mid-summer and a massive crowd. If he wants to do a few warm up gigs first, maybe Barking would be an appropriate location.

The Antster has been added to this year's Hard Rock Calling event in Hyde Park, not exactly top of the bill anymore, but it's still a presigious gig for the likes of him. Central London, mid-summer and a massive crowd. If he wants to do a few warm up gigs first, maybe Barking would be an appropriate location.

I was talking to someone a couple of months ago who'd done some work for Mr Ant. He's quite relaxed and laid back these days by her account, as well as a nice guy.

... if you can believe a friend of a friend.

Adam Ant always seemed so fit back in the day and I'm not sure how he is doing these days.

Anyone have any information? I ask, because he's about to come under consideration along with other Ants for my theme team.

Adam Ant always seemed so fit back in the day and I'm not sure how he is doing these days.

Anyone have any information? I ask, because he's about to come under consideration along with other Ants for my theme team.

Saw him and his band at the De Montfort Hall in May. He was in great form...

• Like 1

Saw him and his band at the De Montfort Hall in May. He was in great form...

Thanks TMIB, let's say he wasn't top of my list for inclusion, he he.

My late brother had all his stuff of vinyl, including the early stuff. Sadly, I think OldWillz passed it all on to a Church sale....

Was in the local last night

No sign of a naked guy waving a fake pistol, I'd say he's doing fine

• Like 2

I definitely would. A few years ago I was convinced he would have some sort of Raoul Moat scenario, but I'm glad he didn't.

He's going to be in Dallas on Valentine's Day. Appropriate considering I would have willingly had his baby back in the 80s.

• Like 1

He's going to be in Dallas on Valentine's Day. Appropriate considering I would have willingly had his baby back in the 80s.

I wonder, mind - did anyone with your desire back then follow through.

If so, have any of those babies grown up eccentric...or worse?

I see my DDP pick Chris "Merrick" Hughes (former Ant) has put his Wiltshire home up for sale. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3970652/A-pad-fit-Prince-Charming-Adam-Ants-drummer-Chris-Merrick-Hughes-puts-five-bedroom-country-manor-house-complete-recording-studio-sale-1-95million.html

Nice photos of the property if you are a Homes Under The Hammer type of person ('m not).

Scroll down to the end of the article for an update on the members of the band.