Sign in to follow this  
Deathray

Football Manager Sacking Bingo

EDIT - Now that's something I've never seen before - the forum crashing and duplicating a post when sent.

Bit irrelevant, though, being DQ'd and all that.

Obviously, there is a corner of London and beyond that hopes the Arsenal board decide to retain the services of Arsene Wenger....... :)

7 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Obviously, there is a corner of London and beyond that hopes the Arsenal board decide to retain the services of Arsene Wenger....... :)

There's a corner of Glasgow that'd like to see him replaced by someone like...Brian Laws or Russell Slade, or someone else reassuringly dreadful.

2 minutes ago, msc said:

There's a corner of Glasgow that'd like to see him replaced by someone like...Brian Laws or Russell Slade, or someone else reassuringly dreadful.

Well if that meant taking them down the league into utter obscurity, Id buy that!!

Zola has resigned from Birmingham City.

There's excitement across the table as we look at the latest scores on the doors. Further research reveals sackings prior to the 17th January start team actually left two squads (msc and rockhopper with under-strengthed teams)

maryport - 11 of 25 (Nikki Bull, Russel Slade, Andy Edwards, Gary Hill, Graham Westley, Matt Doughty, Paul Phillips, Alex Neil, David Moyes, Owen Coyle, Craig Hignett)

DQed MSC 9 of 23 (Marco Silva, David Moyes, Owen Coyle, Russell Slade, Graham Westley, Andy Edwards, Mark Warburton, Paul Hartley, Walter Mazzari)

DQed rockhopper 8 of 23 (David Moyes, Gary Locke, Russell Slade, Chris Brass, Steve Burr, Graham Westley, Matt Doughty, Owen Coyle.)

Chopped Liver 6 of 25 (Warren Joyce, David Moyes, Graham Westley, Paul Phillips, Matt Doughty, Steve Burr)

Switch 6 of 25 (Aaron Callaghan, Lee Clark, Owen Coyle, Aitor Karanka, Walter Mazzari, David Moyes)

Did we establish when this pool ends?

4 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Did we establish when this pool ends?

When the first player gets 25 hits.

Or if people think that's going to get boring I'm open to doing it as a season-season thing.

13 hours ago, Deathray said:

When the first player gets 25 hits.

Or if people think that's going to get boring I'm open to doing it as a season-season thing.

Aye, obviously in a spirit of even-handed and totally objective altruism with regard to trying to help the efficient running of a dead pool; I'd like to suggest season by season, like - maybe getting today's play-offs out of the way and having a look to see if we have a winner.

Full Scoreboard

Despite a flurry of activity many of those sacked didn't have their current job when we started meaning minor adjustments to be made.

MPFC 13 of 20

***MSC 13 of 18

RHP 12 of 20

Chopped Liver 9 of 20

Switch 8 of 20

***Disqualified

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

Full Scoreboard

Despite a flurry of activity many of those sacked didn't have their current job when we started meaning minor adjustments to be made.

MPFC 13 of 20

***MSC 13 of 18

RHP 12 of 20

Chopped Liver 9 of 20

Switch 8 of 20

Draw on points - does MSC take it on the equivalent of goal difference, then?

7 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Draw on points - does MSC take it on the equivalent of goal difference, then?

Whoever gets 20 first wins... the long game continues it's late second half. MSC is disqualified for understrength team anyway.

9 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Whoever gets 20 first wins... the long game continues it's late second half. MSC is disqualified for understrength team anyway.

Oh, right - game on etc.

You've probably forgotten your even in this but we're still alive. No winner as of yet. MPFC has clear day-light but there's enough variation for a close finish to the match.

@maryportfuncity 17 of 20 (Remaining: Neil Warnock, Paul Warne and Ian McCall)

@msc 16 of 18 (Remaining: Neil Warnock and Jose Mourinho)*

@rockhopper penguin 15 of 20 (Remaining: Paul Warne, Nigel Clough, Jay Saunders, Lee Johnson, Stephen Aitken)

@Chopped Liver 14 of 20 (Remaining: Paul Warne, John Coleman, Ian McCall, Brown Ferguson, Andy Thomas, Jay Saunders)

@Switch 14 of 20. (Remaining: Mark Bower, Nigel Clough, Lee Johnson, Ian McCall, Andy Thomas, Neil Warnock).

*DQed for not enough managers.

Really, what is the point of counting my team if its not in the game?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, msc said:

Because it's on the spreadsheet anyway and I've been tracking it as I'm curious to see if your 18 go before we have a legitimate winner. :) 

13 hours ago, msc said:

Respect either way and I'd say Jose might drag you up to equal #1 before any of my three hangers on go

3 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Respect either way and I'd say Jose might drag you up to equal #1 before any of my three hangers on go

Yeah, it was poor show for 2 of my team to get sacked in the 10th-15th January window at the start when I was mostly offline and didn't notice.

Jose is usually good to go around now, and then the jurys out on how long Warnock will last. I didn't have promotion on his cards.

36 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Jay Saunders is managerial history btw!

Mutual consent: http://www.maidstoneunited.co.uk/2018/08/saunders-leaves-maidstone-by-mutual-consent/

Thanks amended table below: 

@maryportfuncity 17 of 20 (Remaining: Neil Warnock, Paul Warne and Ian McCall)

@msc 16 of 18 (Remaining: Neil Warnock and Jose Mourinho)*

@rockhopper penguin 16 of 20 (Remaining: Paul Warne, Nigel Clough,  Lee Johnson, Stephen Aitken)

@Chopped Liver 15 of 20 (Remaining: Paul Warne, John Coleman, Ian McCall, Brown Ferguson, Andy Thomas, )

@Switch 14 of 20. (Remaining: Mark Bower, Nigel Clough, Lee Johnson, Ian McCall, Andy Thomas, Neil Warnock).

*DQed for not enough managers.