Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

Let Us Bet On The Oscars 'in Memoriam' Package

The deceased has to be a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to qualify.

Since when? Only 5000-6000 people in the entire industry are actually part of the Academy. You would have a lot more notable snubs in the Montage every year if that was true.

The deceased has to be a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to qualify.

Since when? Only 5000-6000 people in the entire industry are actually part of the Academy. You would have a lot more notable snubs in the Montage every year if that was true.

I read it on their website.

Not the Oscar's, but for the Grammy's, it ended with Sir George Martin, which is probably a good way to end an in memoriam tribute.

• Like 1

Tomorrow is the big day. Could John Hurt be the one to close the Oscar Memoriam? 

I think Wilder will start it while Hurt will end it. Just my final guess. 

I shall be staying up to watch the show.

I still say nobody has likely "trumped" the Reynolds/Fisher combo.

Unless of course someone actually dies during the show.

Bill Paxton might get the honour.

1 minute ago, stonecold said:

Bill Paxton might get the honour.

Doubt it, but he might get a quick mention. 

It was the Reynolds/Fisher one two. Bill Paxton, while not on the actual memoriam, got a mention beforehand. 

• Like 2

And the award for best screw up at the end. Poor Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty seem to have been handed the wrong envelope.

It's hilarious...

• Like 4

Hollywood has waited 8 years to be able to make fun of the government. They dared not critize a black president. They were hopping at the bit last night. Hope they GOT it out of their systems.

Once again, who do you think will close the Oscar Memoriam. I think it’s a lot harder to guess this time since there’s no obvious big name this year or something truly as shocking as the Fisher/Reynolds one two...

22 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Jerry Lewis?

Ah, I was thinking of some smaller actors but for some reason Jerry Lewis wasn’t showing up in my head at that moment. Especially odd for me since I was looking at the 2017 list the previous hour. :huh:

Think they will open with Moore and close with Lewis.

Or vice versa.

With a slightly different angle, they could start with Kevin Spacey and end with Harvey Weinstein.

• Haha 3

Someone more worthy will probably die before the Oscars, there's a month and half to go.

Perhaps a father-son event like if Kirk and Michael Douglas die soon. Like someone else mentioned Jerry Lewis to start with (comedy) and ending with Roger Moore since they passed in 2017. If Olivia de Havilland and Dick van Dyke go soon they are huge as well and may overshadow Lewis and Moore. 

They'll end with Lewis, he's bigger to an American audience than Moore by a magnitude. I think it'd take something like Clint Eastwood or Jack Nicholson dropping dead in the next fortnight to displace him.

1 minute ago, Spade_Cooley said:

They'll end with Lewis, he's bigger to an American audience than Moore by a magnitude. I think it'd take something like Clint Eastwood or Jack Nicholson dropping dead in the next fortnight to displace him.

Yea, you are most likely correct. Many James Bonds but just one Jerry Lewis. 

Believe it or not, it wasn't until he died that I realised that Jerry Lewis was a different person from Jerry Lee Lewis  i-dunno-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

6 hours ago, Toast said:

Believe it or not, it wasn't until he died that I realised that Jerry Lewis was a different person from Jerry Lee Lewis  i-dunno-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

So what you are saying, is that you thought this guy:

nutty-professor.jpg

Sang 'Great Balls of Fire'?

• Haha 1

Frankly, I wouldn't recognise either of them.