msc

The Deathlist Cup

Okay if you'd had 16 teams I would have passed but as you're already at 17 - I'm in (please)!

20th January is Mrs Grim Up North's 50th birthday so exactly 32 years older than The Dead Cow.

(I probably won't mention on her card that she is 32 years older than The Dead Cow though).

Discretion is a good trait for a married man who wants to live.

Filled out a last 16, still plenty of time to fill out a final 32 and beyond....

Okay if you'd had 16 teams I would have passed but as you're already at 17 - I'm in (please)!

20th January is Mrs Grim Up North's 50th birthday so exactly 32 years older than The Dead Cow.

(I probably won't mention on her card that she is 32 years older than The Dead Cow though).

I've always found the secret to married life is to apologise in advance...

Well just remembering to buy the card is always a good start!

• Like 1

Filled out a last 16, still plenty of time to fill out a final 32 and beyond....

I've always found the secret to married life is to apologise in advance...

The other day I bought my wife a bouquet of flowers. A stranger asked me "Is your wife mad at you? Did you do something wrong?" I said no, it's just preventative maintenance.

• Like 2

Well just remembering to buy the card is always a good start!

Start is the operative word.

• Like 1

So if it's only 18 of us playing, does that mean only 4 get to play in February?

My first eleven + sub have been instructed and the team sheet is waiting. Whether they'll still be ready to take the field around the end of the month...dunno.

Was going to give this a wide berth, but if DDT's in I suppose I have to aim for a league and cup double around these parts.

I do, however, reserve the right to field a youth team in these fixtures to give some unheralded players pitch time.

• Like 1

So if it's only 18 of us playing, does that mean only 4 get to play in February?

We're now at 21, so that expands to 10 "as it stands".

Count me in if ya still got room.

• Like 1

23 now I suggest capping it at 30.

Surely 32 would make far more sense for a knockout competition?

• Like 2

Surely 32 would make far more sense for a knockout competition?

I think Morbidkid wants a bye first round...

As there's unlikely to be 64 people, I was strongly thinking of capping it at 32. If we get a 33rd person interested, I shall stand aside and focus on the Ref side.

• Like 1

As there's unlikely to be 64 people, I was strongly thinking of capping it at 32. If we get a 33rd person interested, I shall stand aside and focus on the Ref side.

I doubt it's likely to climb much higher than 25-30, that seems to be the par for entries to competitions on here. That said Deathrace got 34 this year!

I doubt it's likely to climb much higher than 25-30, that seems to be the par for entries to competitions on here. That said Deathrace got 34 this year!

Hence the use of the word "if".

So here is, at least from what I see, the list of confirmed entrants, just to have a list out here:

1. Bibliogryphon
  2. CaptainChorizo
  3. charon
  4. The Dead Cow
  5. deadsox
  6. Death Impends
  7. Deathray
  8. DevonDeathTrip
  9. gcreptile
  10. Grim Up North
  11. Heef
  12. JiroemKimura
  13. joeyruss
  14. maryportfuncity
  15. Morbidkid
  16. msc
  17. RadGuy
  18. rockhopperpenguin
  19. Shaun of the Dead
  20. Spade_Cooley
  21. Switch
  22. YoungWilz

This is also to see who I could potentially face (hopefully not DDT, he's a god at these things).

I only count 22, not 23. Did someone pm you they would participate or did you accidentally count Toast's decline to this competition?

There's 22. It was the Kid who said 23, not me.

Oh sod it, I'll have a go. I've not got the pedigree of some on here, but I've big ambitions. Call me Crawley Town or summat. And I hope the draw's nice to us minnows, I'll save the money-spinning away day for the quarter finals.

Couple of questions: unique picks across all matches or just between the two players in each match? And is it 1 month on, 1 month off or what? I'm just wondering if a match is played across an entire month at what point we get the chance to pick for the next round, or do we start planning ahead in the hope of progression? Small points I know, but still...

• Like 4

Oh sod it, I'll have a go. I've not got the pedigree of some on here, but I've big ambitions. Call me Crawley Town or summat. And I hope the draw's nice to us minnows, I'll save the money-spinning away day for the quarter finals.

Couple of questions: unique picks across all matches or just between the two players in each match? And is it 1 month on, 1 month off or what? I'm just wondering if a match is played across an entire month at what point we get the chance to pick for the next round, or do we start planning ahead in the hope of progression? Small points I know, but still...

1. Unique across the entire cup - ie no other player had them - but only for that round. It resets after each round of the cup. So if, say, you have Jimmy Carter as a unique in Round 1, it's 3 points if he dies. If he doesn't die, and one single person has him in Round 2, it counts as a Round 2 unique. And so on...

2. The draw for the next round will take place on the 20th of the month. As the previous round ties wont be over yet it will use the good old fashioned UEFA route ie Round 2: Spade Cooley or msc vs Maryportfuncity or YoungWillz, for example.

Ah I see. And then we have around 10 days to pick our teams for the next round, unless it is clear we haven't got a cat in hell's chance of getting through, in which case don't bother. 🙂

• Like 1