msc

The Deathlist Cup

MSC could you change my name to eleven little roosters please.

Bissessarsingh was One of those I expected to die on the 31st. Soldier Chase Simmons was another one.

I presume that you need to have a QO for someone who has died by the time the final whistle goes at midnight at end of month otherwise it's going to get a bit messy around month ends?

I presume that you need to have a QO for someone who has died by the time the final whistle goes at midnight at end of month otherwise it's going to get a bit messy around month ends?

When the round ends, the round ends.

• Like 1

When the round ends, the round ends.

No Fergie time in this game.

• Like 1

Nope, we move swiftly onto the next round. If its announced on March 3rd that someone's team player died on the 28th February, well, sorry about your damned luck.

By the way, if there is a draw in the final, should there be extra time? Golden goal, perhaps?

I will discuss that with the finalists at the time should it be necessary.

Ie Cross bridge when it comes.

By the way, if there is a draw in the final, should there be extra time? Golden goal, perhaps?

Getting a bit ahead of yourself there 😀

Getting a bit ahead of yourself there

Yeah, and next time, the title defender should have some kind of handicap, because he won't be facing me....

(jooooookkkkeeee)

Err.... I found out my pick Ken Ryan already died in January...

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/burnabynow/obituary.aspx?n=kenneth-j-ryan&pid=183636982

Edit: Well, since it was my own fault not to find that out when I had the chance (it was possible to know in January!), I think it's only fair if my team misses an 11th member.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/burnabynow/obituary.aspx?n=kenneth-j-ryan&pid=183636982

Edit: Well, since it was my own fault not to find that out when I had the chance (it was possible to know in January!), I think it's only fair if my team misses an 11th member.

Speaking as a lower league fan - I'm convinced some teams I've seen in the fourth tier have signed players who were already dead.

• Like 4

Yeah, that's a bit of an own goal there, but given it sounds like you'll be 8-2 up before too long, you can't complain too much...

It's a right deluge for Joost!

1. Young Willz Thistle Do Nicely v Captain Chorizo 0-0
  2. Maryportfuncity FC v Morbid Kid 0-2
  3. The GUN’11 (Grim Up North) v JoeyRuss 4-2
  4. Deathray v Heef 0-4
  5. Chopped Liver v Death Comes to Wembley (Garn2) 0-2
  6. Shaun of the Dead v Rad Guy 0-2
  7. Charon v The Dead Cow 0-3
  8. The Cooler Name (Switch) v I Might Have to Pull You Off at Half-Time (Rockhopperpenguin) 2-0
  9. Pedro67 v Jiroemon Kimura 2-0
  10. Msc v Gcreptile 2-5

Every game has a scorer now, except the first one, where YoungWillz is holding Captain Chorizo to 0-0 after 5 full days of competition.

• Like 1

Ah but as Gianni Brera once said, the perfect game of football would end 0-0.

• Like 1

Ah but as Gianni Brera once said, the perfect game of football would end 0-0.

He also defended catenaccio as the "right of the weak", which I always think of whenever I see Jose Mourinho's teams play.

Putting up a manful defence...won't last long ha ha...

4. Deathray v Heef 0-4
  8. The Cooler Name (Switch) v I Might Have to Pull You Off at Half-Time (Rockhopperpenguin) 2-0
  10. Msc v Gcreptile 2-5

Every game has a scorer now, except the first one, where YoungWillz is holding Captain Chorizo to 0-0 after 5 full days of competition.

Aye, not going well but at the end of the day it's 11 against 11, a game of two halves and the lad done tremendous, or summat.

4. Deathray v Heef 0-4
  10. Msc v Gcreptile 2-5

Aye, not going well but at the end of the day it's 11 against 11, a game of two halves and the lad done tremendous, or summat.

Hang on a minute....He was a Rugby player, so shouldn't we all get 5 points for a try ?? :-)

• Like 2

Rugby started when Webb Ellis picked up the ball during a football match and ran down the pitch before placing it in the net with his hands. He asked the referee "Is that a goal?" and the ref said "No, but it was a bloody good try, son."

Anyhow, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Like 1

4. Deathray v Heef 0-4
  10. Msc v Gcreptile 2-5

What, who, when?

4. Deathray v Heef 0-4
  10. Msc v Gcreptile 2-5

What, who, when?

Ah, OK came here first - my favourite thread.

• Like 1

Haha Joey - our teams have 7 of the same people in them.

So our match is actually:-

GUN 4 - Kaufmann, Bracknell, D Carrington and D Burns (Man City Fan)

Joey 4 - K Douglas, K Lynn, McGuinness, King Michael

So about a quarter of the way into the game just a bit of managerial review from the dugout.

Joost was a goal for us both but I had already taken the lead with one of my 4 key players, Carrington popping his clogs.

Joey needs one of his 4 key players to die to equalise but actually if only one of them dies by end of the month then the tie break rules mean that a Kirk or Michael death will still give me the match so Joey would need another of his 4 key players to die to take the game.

This leaves me looking at Martin McGuinness - no significant news since start of match - and Kevin Lynn who apparently is a little known musician.

The only Kevin Lynn I can find on the internet is an ex band member with Holy Fuck but I can't find much wrong with him so maybe it's another Kevin Lynn?

It's tough watching a match when you aren't even sure who is playing for the opposition!

PS David Burns is looking like a bad choice - Man City players don't look like they are going to visit so he probably won't be newsworthy even if he dies.

Joey's pick is this guy, who is certainly only famous for dying in my book, and might even not be dying after all. Who knows?

Word on the tweet (from journalist types too so I assume it's true but unofficial) is that Irwin Corey has died, which would bring Chorizo into the lead - bad luck YW - and bring "Choppy" level in his tie, but we're reliant on any obit, any English obit. Which I'll assume will come before long, as from my very limited skimming of twitter there, I'm gathering he's sort of an American Ken Dodd?