msc

The Deathlist Cup

So coming up to half time - still holding a slender lead.

Time to get out the poisoned apples for what's left of the team whilst they think about taking a well earned break for the rest of eternity.

Ahem, an "innocent" question. The second tie-breaker -age- is it young or old age?

Ahem, an "innocent" question. The second tie-breaker -age- is it young or old age?

Younger.

Younger.

Ah ok, and I guess if there have been several hits, it's the average age?

Younger.

Yes so for example, Switch would currently beat Rocky on tie break because Joost is younger than Sara Coward.

If it's a draw with multiple people it 4-4 or higher, then the lower average age of hits counts.

• Like 1

Younger.

Yes so for example, Switch would currently beat Rocky on tie break because Joost is younger than Sara Coward.

If it's a draw with multiple people it 4-4 or higher, then the lower average age of hits counts.

Thanks, got it.

As we've passed the halfway point, a look back at the draw for Round 2:

Round 2

(Matches will be played 1st March to the 31st March)

1. Shaun of the Dead or Rad Guy vs Bibliogryphon
  2. Charon or The Dead Cow vs Death Impends
  3. Deathray or Heef vs Chopped Liver or Garn2
  4. Maryportfuncity or Morbid Kid vs Spade Cooley
  5. Young Willz or Captain Chorizo vs Grim Up North or Joey Russ
  6. Switch or Rockhopperpenguin vs DDT
  7. Deadsox vs Pedro67 or Jiroemon Kimura
  8. Roverandout vs msc or gcreptile

Some tough deadpooling competition in Rounds 1 and 2 for anyone to reach the Quarterfinals in April, imo.

And while some might feel more confident than others, we can't say for sure who'll go through. Even Deathray has 5 uniques, 13 days to go and stranger things have happened...

Teams for Round 2 will be open on Sunday evening when I say so. Some folk will quite possibly, by the nature of the competition, send in a team than crash out in this round. As they say, that's fitba...

The closest game so far is a race to face DDT in Round 2 - feels a bit like a poisoned chalice to say the least. Cupset watchers are looking at the MPFC/MK and Pedro/Jiroemon games with interest, imo. Chorizo and Pedro remain the only two cleansheets. Meanwhile myself and Gcreptile, and Joey and GUP have never had of defensive tactics, clearly...

Another thought - Heef's performance so far. Wow. He's a newcomer round here, but is currently reminding me of Mr Perfect's line at the 96 Rumble: "Just because you don't know much about someone, doesn't make them an underdog..."

• Like 2

Damn I missed that draw. Rad or SotD. Doesn't look like I will be troubling Round 3.

Poor spade. He doesn't know what he is is in for.

On 2/12/2017 at 18:07, The Dead Cow said:

Chris Salvatore's latest Instagram posts indicate that his bezzie marra Norma Cook is fast approaching her appointment in Samarra.

She's on my team.

Dead.

Apparently this Chris Salvatore is a celeb (news to me) but this Norma Cook certainly seems to be only famous for being ill. RIP anyhow. So that's 1 point, plus another point for the unique bonus, for The Dead Cow. It's not looking particularly great for Charon right now but still the better part of a fortnight to go.

1. Young Willz Thistle Do Nicely v Captain Chorizo 0-4
  2. Maryportfuncity FC v Morbid Kid 2-6
  3. The GUN’11 (Grim Up North) v JoeyRuss 6-4
  4. Deathray v Heef 0-8
  5. Chopped Liver v Death Comes to Wembley (Garn2) 2-4
  6. Shaun of the Dead v Rad Guy 2-4
  7. Charon v The Dead Cow 2-9
  8. The Cooler Name (Switch) v I Might Have to Pull You Off at Half-Time (Rockhopperpenguin) 2-2
  9. Pedro67 v Jiroemon Kimura 4-0
  10. Msc v Gcreptile 4-7
  • Like 2

Lol... Feel like Wenger :D

• Like 2

Who do you think will win the cup based on performances so far?

Who do you think will win the cup based on performances so far?

Me, I may be biased

• Like 1

I don't wish to pick public favourites, being the ref, but it's fairly obvious the big three are the favourites here, Barca, Real and Bayern.. Spade, DDT and DI.

But then, at least four of the First Round matches are currently going contrary to my expectations. So who knows who will win, when it comes down to direct head to head competition over a single month?

• Like 1

How will the transition into the next round work? I guess everyone in the game has to send a team for the second round in advance? It doesn't matter who actually wins the round if the next round starts the next day. So I guess everyone should already submit a team, no matter if they're behind or ahead?

On Sunday night, the team submission period for Round 2 opens.

It will shut on Tuesday the 28th February at midnight.

Some folk will naturally send in teams only to find themselves eliminated, but better that than not sending in a team, winning the round, only to be DQ'd for lack of a Round 2 team.

Last month people left till the last minute, and I suspect by then (27/28th Feb) it'll be fairly obvious in a number of ties who needn't bother sending in a team...

Chris Salvatore's latest Instagram posts indicate that his bezzie marra Norma Cook is fast approaching her appointment in Samarra.

She's on my team.

Dead.

Kudos to you on that find.

I read about her mere hours after submitting my team, but didn't want to bother msc with any changes.

Some folk will naturally send in teams only to find themselves eliminated, but better that than not sending in a team, winning the round, only to be DQ'd for lack of a Round 2 team.

Last month people left till the last minute, and I suspect by then (27/28th Feb) it'll be fairly obvious in a number of ties who needn't bother sending in a team...

It already is in a couple of ties. Fair play Heef, I've been thoroughly outclassed.

It already is in a couple of ties. Fair play Heef, I've been thoroughly outclassed.

tbf that's not much of a accomplishment.

Hopefully my team doesn't try and get fancy,just need them to run out the clock.

Hopefully my team doesn't try and get fancy,just need them to run out the clock.

I wouldn't worry...is there anything smaller than a minnow to describe my team? Krill?

• Like 1

Updated for Peter Skellern. Garn and MorbidKid take big steps forward, Switch takes the lead, and Jiroemon is back in the tie.

1. Young Willz Thistle Do Nicely v Captain Chorizo 0-4
  2. Maryportfuncity FC v Morbid Kid 2-8
  3. The GUN’11 (Grim Up North) v JoeyRuss 6-4
  4. Deathray v Heef 0-8
  5. Chopped Liver v Death Comes to Wembley (Garn2) 2-6
  6. Shaun of the Dead v Rad Guy 2-4
  7. Charon v The Dead Cow 2-9
  8. The Cooler Name (Switch) v I Might Have to Pull You Off at Half-Time (Rockhopperpenguin) 4-2
  9. Pedro67 v Jiroemon Kimura 4-2
  10. Msc v Gcreptile 4-7