msc

The Deathlist Cup

We're open for entries for Round 2. PM them, to me, before midnight on the 28th.

Pan Breed Round 2 team (posted solely in case of need - which is rather unlikely right now...)

1. Gord Downie

2. Leah Bracknell

3. Rayya Elias

4. Sasha Lakovic

5. Tony Booth

6. Colin Meads

7. Mary Wilson (Pan Breed favourite)

8. Dean Stockwell

9. John Woodvine

10. Ben Suisala

11. Jay Clark

And if you think I've picked the last two deliberately in the open, so that, in the odd chance I beat gcreptile, they avoid getting unique bonuses in this game, you're absolutely right.

Unless McGuiness or Lynn dies in the next ten days, I think I'm out. And the sad thing is, I think I'm going to have a stronger squad next time. Just wondering Grim, was Carrington a cult pick you selected that turned in your favor?

I don't really know what you mean by 'a cult pick' but I picked him because I thought he was going to die soon.

Fortunately for me he did.

McGuiness seems to have disappeared from view although he did tweet on 14th Feb. - this could be for all sorts of reasons but I'm not taking the victory for granted just yet.

I have a question about round 3? Can you use people from round 1.

Yes. You could have all your survivors if you want.

Round 3? Someones confident against Spade!

And yeah, you can pick all your survivors if you like.

Well, I sent mine in. And dropping a certain person who's probably going to die soon from my team may not be the best decision...

Yes. You could have all your survivors if you want.

Of course if all your team are survivors there'll be no point. Just saying.

Yeah picking the team for the second round is a bit like changing your lottery numbers.

The first round 11 were all people you thought might die imminently so swapping anyone out for someone who you think is more likely to die imminently even though it's a further month since you picked the survivors of the first 11 is a risky business.

There will undoubtedly be mistakes made.........

Aye, it'd be a bit presumptuous of someone six points down in round one to submit a round two team today. If the late goal miracle saves me I'll roll over the survivors and a few other walking wounded.

Otherwise; I'll content myself with muttering about the "league" and glancing at the HPDP thread.

Sent the scouting staff out to the Hackney Marshes of deadpooling, retired US senatorial updates.

Well, sub number one will be playing for Hewlett...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

I forfeit.

1 hour ago, Morbidkid said:

Actually I was going to forfeit round about the 2nd or 3rd February...tis of no consequence...

Hewlett was a unique hit, surprisingly. A decisive one for Pedro?

1. Young Willz Thistle Do Nicely v Captain Chorizo 0-4
  2. Maryportfuncity FC v Morbid Kid 2-8
  3. The GUN’11 (Grim Up North) v JoeyRuss 6-4
  4. Deathray v Heef 0-8
  5. Chopped Liver v Death Comes to Wembley (Garn2) 2-6
  6. Shaun of the Dead v Rad Guy 2-4
  7. Charon v The Dead Cow 2-9
  8. The Cooler Name (Switch) v I Might Have to Pull You Off at Half-Time (Rockhopperpenguin) 4-2
  9. Pedro67 v Jiroemon Kimura 7-2
  10. Msc v Gcreptile 4-7

In other news, it may take me a while to get used to the new forum.

So we have a situation of sorts. I have been informed by Admin that Morbid Kid has been banned until March 3rd. Morbid Kid does not have his Round 2 team in, which means he would be DQ'd on 1st March.

In that case, what I plan to do to keep the tournament running smoothly, unless there is heavy opposition to the decision, is to officially announce Maryport's victory by default, and have MPFC advance to Round 2 to take on... Spade Cooley.

• Like 5

Seems fine to me. 

7 minutes ago, msc said:

So we have a situation of sorts. I have been informed by Admin that Morbid Kid has been banned until March 3rd. Morbid Kid does not have his Round 2 team in, which means he would be DQ'd on 1st March.

In that case, what I plan to do to keep the tournament running smoothly, unless there is heavy opposition to the decision, is to officially announce Maryport's victory by default, and have MPFC advance to Round 2 to take on... Spade Cooley.

Well, clearly I'd hate to argue with the match officials or owt; you may be requiring a team from me, then

On it as we speak.

8 minutes ago, msc said:

excellent.png

Unless McGuiness pops his clogs in the next few days, I think I'm out. I'll still publicly reveal my team when the new game starts, seeing how it does against most other teams. 

MPFC FC have duly reported for round two duties