msc

The Deathlist Cup

Piss off Garn. There was me thinking I could make a late comeback. Perhaps I'll just murder Jean Erdman and Mary Wilson.

I strongly advise against murdering Pan Breed favourites. It might prejudice the ref.

:o:D

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I'm so busy at the moment (hand-rearing a mutant lamb amongst other things)

:unsure:  How many heads/legs?

The right amount, but he/she has, ahem, gender issues and was rejected by his/her mother.  Sheep are notoriously puritanical about this sort of thing.  

Sorry to wander off topic.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

The right amount, but he/she has, ahem, gender issues and was rejected by his/her mother.  Sheep are notoriously puritanical about this sort of thing.  

Sorry to wander off topic.

Not in the slightest, it's all cool stuff.

Ok, I submitted a team for round 2. I think I was a bit lucky to get drawn against the host who, naturally, couldn't really win on sneaky unique hits because he offered his team in advance. So he had to go for the good-but-not-too-good picks and received two hits with it. 

16 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Ok, I submitted a team for round 2. I think I was a bit lucky to get drawn against the host who, naturally, couldn't really win on sneaky unique hits because he offered his team in advance. So he had to go for the good-but-not-too-good picks and received two hits with it. 

Looks like I'm facing you in Round 2 - aka the quarter finals - gc. Just submitted my team. They're nothing special, but look good on paper if they play to their potential.

And away sides never like coming to my place, if my luck with women is anything to go by...

• Like 2

Team sent. All ready for a fun transatlantic battle with the Deadsox man. GL chap :-)

• Like 1

I'm currently preparing myself for this...

On 1/19/2017 at 13:33, msc said:

...getting thumped 10-0 by Death Impends of course...

However, I have got a team ready and I think it's good enough to at least put up some kind of a fight. 

Good luck Death Impends, I'm sure you won't need it.

Had a busy couple of weeks with work, so haven't put much thought into this, but msc should now have my team.

With ~12 hours left, I don't want to count my chickens, but surely a 6 point lead is enough?

8 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Heh, well, it's not really the done thing for a host to win their own game. I put up a team which would have still beaten a number of the competitors, but Luck of the Draw drew me against a DDP Top Tenner. At least it wasn't the thumping I might have feared!

8 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Looks like I'm facing you in Round 2 - aka the quarter finals - gc.

I have the team, but just to add, it's the Round of 16. Quarterfinals are Round 3, and I'll make the draw for that soon after midnight.

Once I've sorted out the masterlist, which given permutations, might take a bit longer than last time...

2 hours ago, Heef said:

With ~12 hours left, I don't want to count my chickens, but surely a 6 point lead is enough?

I've sent out reminders to folk who are still to send in their teams. Both folk who have likely won and two folk who might turn their ties round on the last day. For those I have assumed are dead and buried, apologies.

It's the last day for submissions. Also, the last day of Round One. Will we see any last minute shocks?

I know its just a game,  but anyone else find this easy to overthink,  given your opponent knows your first round team if they had a bye?  To change non dead or not?  Even sent my chief scout over to New Hampshire to see if there was an obvious potential carker I could steal from under the deadsox nose :-) 

• Like 3

My team is in.

It's actually even worse if you are taking on someone who has already taken part in round 1 and you can see their team too - yes Mr Spanish Spicy Sausage I have been poring over your team but have I stolen your best picks or just ignored everyone because my 11 are better?

One of the fun things about this is that you actually know who would have beaten who because although we make jokes about attack and defence we can all only score goals and not affect any other team's score.

So some people have lost with 4 points but would have beaten other people. I'm enjoying it! Well done msc!!  

• Like 1

Got an 11 lined up now, two retained from my DDP line-up but I've got some exciting youngsters coming through ready to fill the remaining nine gaps. Magic of the cup, nothing like it.

• Like 1

12 of 16 teams in. Three of the four which I expected to be sometime today anyhow, and the fourth I've emailed both them and their opponent in the hope someone sends in a team....

2 hours ago, Pedro67 said:

I know its just a game,  

Of course it is also a matter of life or death B)

• Like 3

Gonna do some last-minute tinkering for my eleven to heaven... expect an entry within a few hours.

No worries, awaiting 3 people still. Of course, 2 of them are in the same tie! (I have the runner up from one of the Round 1 matches involved send me in a team to be in a safe side, are they about become the Luckiest Losers* in tournament history?)

*it's tennis terminology before anyone thinks I'm using insults.

I would like to park the bus against DDT, but I don't think that will work. I will try a more attacking approach in my next match (assuming no late goals by RHP) and hope for the best. Still need some time to find the best attackers.

Good luck. You have 6 hours left!

Hey msc, forgot to mention in my submission, my team will imaginatively be named... Rovers' Rovers. :D

And thanks for putting me right about the rounds. Turns out I've got to win an extra match to lift the title! Sigh...

• Like 1

My team name will be "O".

My team name will be... (oh, it doesn't really matter now, does it?)

Hi msc

Unfortunately for him and me Sandy Saunders didn't make it to midnight so that brings sub number one into play.

Since I started putting names on a list for this pool I have gathered 29 names and 15 of them are now dead.

i suppose when you are looking for imminent deaths it's quite likely that people aren't going to make the start line.

Rad's Die-monds in the Sky.

With the death of Leone di Lernia, I will most likely have no uniques. But you never know, Steve Hewlett was well-known amongst deadpoolers yet somehow a unique.

• Like 2