msc

The Deathlist Cup

34 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Well Lisa Magill puts be behind but we haven't got to half time yet.

She's still awaiting a QO for the Cup.

8 hours ago, msc said:

She's still awaiting a QO for the Cup.

Although we wait for the daily mail, I think this will do for Magill for The Deathlist Cup, no?

EDIT: The Mail came in now. 

Lisa Magill dies. Garn is back in his tie, and Spade goes up a break.

Rad’s Die-monds in the Sky (Rad Guy) vs Bibliogryphon  1-0

The Dead Cow vs Tommy J’s Eleven to Heaven – Or Elsewhere for Nevin (Death Impends) 4-4

Heef vs Death Comes to Wembley (Garn2) 4-1

Maryportfuncity vs 101 Great Practical Jokes with Luciano Re Cecconi (Spade Cooley) 0-3

Captain Chorizo vs The GUN’11 (Grim Up North) 1-1

The Cooler Name (Switch) vs DDT 0-2

Deadsox vs Pedro67  0-0

Rover’s Rovers (Roverandout) vs “O” (gcreptile) 0-6

Who is this Lisa Magill anyway? Surely a one-pointer, not a two pointer?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Heef said:

Who is this Lisa Magill anyway? Surely a one-pointer, not a two pointer?

Yep, hence the one point given out. B)

It's a Sunday morning, brains are slow...

• Like 1

Would this have counted for Sara Hankins?

If so, she is a Deathlist Cup miss for me. Would have been unique too! 

Yes.

Cardinal Vlk has died (and I see TDC has noted this in the time it took me to write this up) which is points for Death Impends too. Seriously guys, we don't want a penalty shootout here!

Had a glance around but don't see any other hits.

The Dead Cow vs Tommy J’s Eleven to Heaven – Or Elsewhere for Nevin (Death Impends) 6-6

Heef vs Death Comes to Wembley (Garn2) 4-1

Maryportfuncity vs 101 Great Practical Jokes with Luciano Re Cecconi (Spade Cooley) 0-3

Deadsox vs Pedro67  0-0

Rover’s Rovers (Roverandout) vs “O” (gcreptile) 0-6

• Like 1

The mirror matching of obscurer hits between Cow and I is definitely shaping up to be the most interesting part of this round, and I'm not just saying that because it's involving my end!

Well, hopefully one of the non-both team picks go in the next 13 days, otherwise I'm going to have to do my best Harvey Two Face impression.

I do wonder how Lucky Akhand is still going since the report late February on his health sounded like a matter of single-digit days...

Same goes with John Vennari, his doctors didn't expect him to see his birthday, which was on February 24th, and the bastard's still breathing today.

The report on Akhand's health seemed a bit vague to me, the headline said he was in a critical condition, but upon reading the article, it says that he's in a 'very bad condition' and the doctors had 'lost hope of recovery'. That could just mean that his treatment has stopped working and there's nothing they can do, in which case he may well see April. 

At least, that's what I hope is the case...

He only needs a single mention in any English speaking news source in the world (or the big 2 in France, I would have accepted the top paper in Germany but Gcreptile never told me what it was!). Alan Aspin didn't even get that, of course.

Maybe Le Monde's Stourbridge correspondent is on holiday.

• Like 2

Biggest german news source?

Well, the Daily Mail equivalent is Bild.de. The more "official" and reliable source might be SPIEGEL online, which might be most similar to the Guardian, except with much higher circulation. We have no equivalent to the BBC. Our public TV isn't that big in the online news department.

One could also choose the FAZ, the german equivalent of prestigious conservative papers like the Times or the Telegraph.

• Like 1

Made a huge mistake swapping out my trusty goalkeeper McGuinness after first round. Might be decisive.

Rover and Garn with the 2 points for McGuinness. Didn't expect that at all. I reckon Garn has the more likely chance of significant hits before the end of the month now in our tie.

I SCORED!!!!!!!!

I was only thinking last night that I was destined to end the month goalless and then look at what I wake up to!

I fear it is little more than a late consolation but at least I can tell my grandkids of the day I scored in the inaugural Deathlist Cup... :D

• Like 1

Only Garn and Rover seemed to trust my "three months maximum" prognosis for McGuiness, and benefit here.

The Dead Cow vs Tommy J’s Eleven to Heaven – Or Elsewhere for Nevin (Death Impends) 6-6

Heef vs Death Comes to Wembley (Garn2) 4-3

Deadsox vs Pedro67  0-0

Rover’s Rovers (Roverandout) vs “O” (gcreptile) 2-6

4 hours ago, Heef said:

Rover and Garn with the 2 points for McGuinness. Didn't expect that at all. I reckon Garn has the more likely chance of significant hits before the end of the month now in our tie.

Always better to have the points in the bag though.

As for my tie with Captain Chorizo, Hamilton-Byrne hangs on - can she last another 11 days? If so we might find ourselves tossing off in the early hours of 1st April.

I'm presuming in a toss off if the coin lands on it's side then I would win by default?

On 01/03/2017 at 00:08, msc said:

And wham, the draw for the Quarterfinals has been made. Nothing to worry folk till later in March, but here's how the route to the Semis looks for everyone in the final 16...

Quarterfinals

• 1.       Switch or DDT vs Rad Guy or Bibliogryhon
  • 2.       Roverandout or Gcreptile vs The Dead Cow or Death Impends
  • 3.       Maryportfuncity or Spade Cooley vs Deadsox or Pedro67
  • 4.       Captain Chorizo or Grim Up North vs Heef or Garn2

Reminding myself of the Quarterfinal draw.

Also, don't laugh: we're now open for teams for that round. As you can see, all the matches are done and dusted already...:D

I suspect and understand teams will come in near the deadline (31st, midnight, as usual) but I suppose I had to officially open the submission period.

17 minutes ago, msc said:

Reminding myself of the Quarterfinal draw.

Also, don't laugh: we're now open for teams for that round. As you can see, all the matches are done and dusted already...:D

I suspect and understand teams will come in near the deadline (31st, midnight, as usual) but I suppose I had to officially open the submission period.

Yeah, well...my current under-performers were a hastily arranged scratch squad after MK's exclusion. Can't see Spade being so trigger happy with his posts but despite the "done and dusted" nature of the current round I might compile a starting XI in case my aged team crumble to dust in the final days. I mean, how much longer can a U Boat captain expect to live?

• Like 1