msc

The Deathlist Cup

On 3/21/2017 at 19:48, YoungWillz said:

Anyone need 8 guaranteed deaths for April? Arkansas' execution list released: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-4336310/A-look-inmates-scheduled-die-Arkansas-April.html

Apparently they are having trouble finding  6 witnesses necessary to go ahead.If anyone was eligible would you do it?.https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3183363/american-state-asks-for-people-to-come-forward-and-watch-death-row-prisoners-get-executed/

I  think I would.

I have prepared a list for the next round which I will send to you on  Wednesday on the off chance Emma Morano and Bobby Doerr die in a freak skydiving accident on Frisay.

9 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

I  think I would.

That's probably a topic for another thread, not the Deathlist Cup.

31 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I have prepared a list for the next round which I will send to you on  Wednesday on the off chance Emma Morano and Bobby Doerr die in a freak skydiving accident on Frisay.

Well, you never know. Games that close are open to sudden twists of fate.

• Like 1

As we have said in the Death League, I need a plane load of celebrities to crash into the Hollywood Old Folks Home.

It's not impossible you could go through with no hits provided you win the toss off.

As things stand msc is going to be tossing off at least twice in the early hours of April 1st.

I have a horrible feeling though that, just as Sandy Saunders died just too soon, Hamilton-Byrne is going to just fail to make it to April.

You're telling me! As it stands, I'm going to look like Harvey Dent got a terrible case of OCD!

On that note, I'd like to preemptively thank Death Impends for his efforts in the last few days to prevent me getting repetitive strain injury here...:lol:

3 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

It's not impossible you could go through with no hits provided you win the toss off.

As things stand msc is going to be tossing off at least twice in the early hours of April 1st.

I have a horrible feeling though that, just as Sandy Saunders died just too soon, Hamilton-Byrne is going to just fail to make it to April.

Re Hamilton-Byrne - I need her and A N Other to make the thoughtfully assembled team a going concern as the days grow longer. Fair play to Spade so far his riskier picks have totalled my crumbing (any day now) wrecks. As of this post Bessie Camm, Alice Ducat, Emma Morano continue to breathe

• Like 2

It's a different ball game the Deathlist Cup, as you don't want to give away great picks that you aren't 100% convinced will die within 31 days. As with Milton Berle, you have to "take out enough to win".

8 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

It's a different ball game the Deathlist Cup, as you don't want to give away great picks that you aren't 100% convinced will die within 31 days. As with Milton Berle, you have to "take out enough to win".

I would have won against.

22 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

I would have won against. 

Who?

So much talent - so little death in four whole weeks; what went wrong after the gifted entry, would MK have fought Spade with more gusto than this broken down bunch of wheezers?

1 – Emma Morano

2 – Tony Booth

3 – John Savident

4 – Anne Hamilton-Byrne

5 – Gord Downie

6 – Bessie Camm

7 – Ralph Clark (centenarian paedo scum)

8 - Reinhard Hardegen

9 - Atal Bihari Vajpayee

10 - Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

11 – Errol Christie

• Like 2

On 26/03/2017 at 12:02, msc said:

As comic book artist Oliver Nome dies, have we just had the most pivotal hit of the round? The Dead Cow takes the lead over one of the Cup favourites with 5 days left! Elsewhere, Gcreptile increases his lead.

Rover’s Rovers (Roverandout) vs “O” (gcreptile) 2-8

Oh ffs!!! Reptile definitely had a cheat sheet for March! I share Maryport's pain...my solitary success a blink-and-you'll-miss-it demise, while perennial teases Morano and Campbell continue to keep us guessing.

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Oh ffs!!! Reptile definitely had a cheat sheet for March! I share Maryport's pain...my solitary success a blink-and-you'll-miss-it demise, while perennial teases Morano and Campbell continue to keep us guessing.

To be fair Campbell keeps himself guessing these days as well...what's my name, where is this place etc.

February was fairly fast and frantic. March, much of a non-event after a few (currently pivotal) early hits.

I wonder which one will turn out to be the outlier.

We currently have 3 teams in for the Quarterfinals. Likely everyone's still got a shot (even if a faded one in some cases) with the exception of Rover at a guess. Sorry, Rover.

In fact, none of those three are "currently" winning their games but all three wisely note they could with a single hit in the next 48 and a bit hours.

• Like 4

Damn, football coach Ken Sparks is dead. I mean, I knew Christine Kaufmann wouldn't survive this month but Sparks is a loss. Down to 9 people at the moment.

Feck sake.

Edit: I mean, well done DI. Well deserved.

22 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

So much talent - so little death in four whole weeks; what went wrong after the gifted entry, would MK have fought Spade with more gusto than this broken down bunch of wheezers?

1 – Emma Morano

2 – Tony Booth

3 – John Savident

4 – Anne Hamilton-Byrne

5 – Gord Downie

6 – Bessie Camm

7 – Ralph Clark (centenarian paedo scum)

8 - Reinhard Hardegen

9 - Atal Bihari Vajpayee

10 - Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

11 – Errol Christie

Is John Savident ill?

Kudos to Mr. Sparks, nothing quite like a successful Hail Mary pass at the last moment.

• Like 1

Unlucky TDC, as I had completely forgotten DI had Sparks until you just reminded me. A unique hit too!

Rad’s Die-monds in the Sky (Rad Guy) vs Bibliogryphon  1-0

The Dead Cow vs Tommy J’s Eleven to Heaven – Or Elsewhere for Nevin (Death Impends) 8-9

Heef vs Death Comes to Wembley (Garn2) 4-3

Maryportfuncity vs 101 Great Practical Jokes with Luciano Re Cecconi (Spade Cooley) 0-3

Captain Chorizo vs The GUN’11 (Grim Up North) 1-1

The Cooler Name (Switch) vs DDT 0-2

Deadsox vs Pedro67  0-0

Rover’s Rovers (Roverandout) vs “O” (gcreptile) 2-8

• Like 1

It is interesting that two of the lowest scoring ties in this round face each other in the next (Me/RadGuy & DDT/Switch) we have three points between the four of us. Makes the semis something to look forward to in May.

The luck of the draw!

Will say whoever crashes out here from Death Impends and The Dead Cow can consider themselves highly unlikely in the draw, as they'd have crushed everyone else bar gcreptile (and even then, possibly won). 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, msc said:

We currently have 3 teams in for the Quarterfinals. Likely everyone's still got a shot (even if a faded one in some cases) with the exception of Rover at a guess. Sorry, Rover.

You'll be sorry! You'll ALL be sorry!!! Once Billy Graham, Emma Morano, King Michael of Romania and Glen Campbell shuffle off this mortal coil and make sure March ends with a bang!

In the real world, all plaudits to DI, TDC and GCR, superb performances. DI and TDC can consider themselves very unlucky to have drawn against each other. Likewise, I think I can legitimately feel slightly unfortunate to be up against GCR...against half the Last 16 I'd be leading and I'd be in amongst it with the other 4. Still, it's good fun, bit random and I'll be taking part again if you do it (Technically there's enough time to make this twice yearly, no?)

• Like 3

I'll come back for a second round if it happens of course.

• Like 1

I think there might well be a second Deathlist Cup, if I'm spared myself of course. It'll be in 2018, however, as I am aware that one of our parish has an idea for a similar but different game in the second half of 2017.

2 minutes ago, msc said:

I think there might well be a second Deathlist Cup, if I'm spared myself of course. It'll be in 2018, however, as I am aware that one of our parish has an idea for a similar but different game in the second half of 2017.

Did I miss something?