msc

The Deathlist Cup

12 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Did I miss something? 

No, just I feel that deadpools are best annual instead of twice yearly. Especially when the hosts personal workload just increased dramatically.

However, if a hypothetical someone else was to, say, run a hypothetical summer into winter deadpool idea of theirs, I would support it wholeheartedly. Hint, hint, hint.

PS Hypothetical of course.

That's not you, Joey, in the specific case. :P

1 hour ago, msc said:

I think there might well be a second Deathlist Cup, if I'm spared myself of course. It'll be in 2018, however, as I am aware that one of our parish has an idea for a similar but different game in the second half of 2017.

Ooooh intrigue!

3 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Is John Savident ill?

Savident - well, old, overweight, not generally well and seemed like a passabe wild card in ten nailed on certainties, or summat. Feel free to play him in the next round

• Like 1

Ha, I was also unaware that DI had picked Sparks. I found that name separately about a week ago. I might have changed my prediction if I had bothered to check him out a little better back then.

So, sent a team just in case I get a miracle last min hit or win the toss.

Change of tack with this team. Gone very mainstream. Figure that it's been so quiet with big name deaths that we are due a glut of them. This could be bought on by the oldies celebrating spring, and the survival of another winter, and over exuberating themselves into the grave.

very bloody scientific...not !

• Like 1

As the Gun 11 desperately try and run the clock down keeping Hamilton-Byrne hemmed in by the corner flag whilst keeping an anxious eye on Smith Hart are there any plans for setting up a live feed for the tossing off should it come to that?

For the next round, are 'famous for being ill' people disallowed this time around? Or is that for the next iteration of the cup as a whole?

1 minute ago, Heef said:

For the next round, are 'famous for being ill' people disallowed this time around? Or is that for the next iteration of the cup as a whole?

Difficult to define absolutely however that is where the Obit requirements come in.

Yeah. Just when Kurt Seddon passed away, msc said something along the lines of such picks not being eligible next time. He still got an QO though. He was the headline on the main NZ news website for about half a day, but still a bit of a naff pick really.

12 hours ago, msc said:

No, just I feel that deadpools are best annual instead of twice yearly. Especially when the hosts personal workload just increased dramatically.

However, if a hypothetical someone else was to, say, run a hypothetical summer into winter deadpool idea of theirs, I would support it wholeheartedly. Hint, hint, hint.

PS Hypothetical of course.

That's not you, Joey, in the specific case. :P

Actually the timing of The Cup is about perfect and IMHO should be this time every year. If it was later in the year then the true contenders for DDP glory would be loathe to enter and disclose all their secret golden nuggets.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:
50 minutes ago, Heef said:

Difficult to define absolutely however that is where the Obit requirements come in.

It should simply be a matter for the game runner to decide.  No definition required.

2 hours ago, Heef said:

2 hours ago, Heef said:

Yeah. Just when Kurt Seddon passed away, msc said something along the lines of such picks not being eligible next time. He still got an QO though. He was the headline on the main NZ news website for about half a day, but still a bit of a naff pick really.

That'll be for next year as I feels it unfair on folk to change the rules now. (Specifically folk who might have had different results in the last round or what not.)

It'll be getting changed for 2018, should we reach that point!

1 hour ago, Toast said:

It should simply be a matter for the game runner to decide.  No definition required.

I try to be fair about it. For example, gcreptile's Trinidadian historian (I forget the name), I'd never heard of, but clearly he had some renown of sorts before death as an academic. Whereas coma victim Joe Publics have no claims to fame whatsover.

• Like 2

Oh man...

Will you stop banging on about the next round.

Is there - like - a Europa Cup equivalent for the rest of us?

• Like 3

Well, now I'm just waiting for the shock Morano/Hamilton 31st March double hit and the subsequent "Better than Barcelona/PSG" T-shirts...

• Like 1

In the event that I get a late hit or win a coin toss, here is my April lineup.  No changes since I now know that it will be on fire after a month of no luck.  It's strange that since I got a bye in the first round, I could make the third round without a single hit.  I've always maintained that it's better to be lucky than good.

Deadsox Death List Cup Entry

April 2017-3nd Round

1. Abu Bakr al Baghdadi

2. Leah Bracknell

3. Bessie Camm

4. Rev. Billy Graham

5. Sasha Lakovic

6. Colin Meads

7. King Michael of Romania

8. Emma Morano

9. Catherine Nevin

10. Simon Ricketts

11. Stefan Karl Stefansson

Sub #1 Gord Downie

Sub #2 Reinhard Hardegen

• Like 2

1.       Switch or DDT vs Rad Guy or Bibliogryhon

2.       Roverandout or Gcreptile vs The Dead Cow or Death Impends

3.       Maryportfuncity or Spade Cooley vs Deadsox or Pedro67

4.       Captain Chorizo or Grim Up North vs Heef or Garn2

Teams in bold are already in. We will have 2 matches at least in the next round!

(Yeah I know, the usual suspects hand in their teams late on. Just a round up of sorts)

Given how close everything is, the masterlist might take a bit longer to put up, once I twig who is actually advancing. Usual rules apply though, if a Portenski or Dalton dies after the team was handed in, but before the masterlist goes up, you're safe.

25 minutes ago, deadsox said:

It's strange that since I got a bye in the first round, I could make the third round without a single hit.  I've always maintained that it's better to be lucky than good.

Ah the Italy of The Deathlist Cup

• Like 3

So Plan B assuming Mary Wilson doesn't die from over excitement after Article 50 was triggered (apparently she voted no in 1974) is that RadGuy's internet goes down and he fails to get his team in on time, or he could post an inappropriate joke and get himself banned (it happens you know)

• Like 1

would paper, scissors, stone be a good way to settle ties like Deadsox and me ? We both pm msc with our choice and he reveals the winner after midnight ?

I've got a coin, I'll flip to determine who is Heads and who is Tails, and then you get best of 5. Penalty shootout style.

Unless the Reaper has other plans.

• Like 1

Team submitted, sorry Rover. This next round will be a slaughter....

• Like 1

Switch or DDT vs Rad Guy or Bibliogryphon

Roverandout or Gcreptile vs The Dead Cow or Death Impends

Maryportfuncity or Spade Cooley vs Deadsox or Pedro67

Captain Chorizo or Grim Up North vs Heef or Garn2

Players in bold have teams in now. Sent out friendly reminders to the other folk, bar the one person who needs 3 hits in 14 and a bit hours to advance. Sorry, Rover!

I also found Grim's team as the forum hadn't sent me a notification of its arrival. Must admit I also took a look at Gcreptile's squad and thought to myself: "Right, which of you lot are going to be dead within 24 hours then?"

• Like 1