msc

The Deathlist Cup

I regret a little not waiting one more day to notice that update on Van Zandfliet, but I couldn't submit yesterday. He has weeks left instead of months. And I have a feeling it's about three weeks, so within the month.

When I saw the update, I thought he was a goner, but my mind got in the stubborn "don't boot out any of your current names" phase, and there was no room left. Then within an hour word came out that Ruben Amaro Sr., who would've been part of this squad had he lived an extra day, died. Strange how things work sometimes...

Wow, DDT and I are taking away our uniques three times, Richner, Hodgkin and Susan Stros. Reminds me of last year when we both had Gary Haggarty and Ronald Mulkearns.

I thought about picking Jerry Stros as well, especially since I was down to 8 people on Thursday, after the death of political observer Jon Richards. Jerry seems in slightly better shape though.

Brilliant work overnight msc - that conversation with your wife had me lying in bed chuckling away for about 15 minutes. 

Unlucky Captain Chorizo - I had accepted that if I lost on the toss it was because Lisa Magill in the month was not enough to win but I'm the lucky one who got away with it.

• Like 1

Congrats Heef! Needed to focus on avoiding relegation anyway...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pedro67 said:

Good Luck Deadsox

Thanks Pedro.  I appreciate your sportsmanship.

• Like 1

There were a lot of finely contested ties in the last round. Everyone was surprised by the heavy favourites lingering on one more month.

Right, a spree killer died. I have decided that he was only really famous for being ill. However he is unique too. Either way, 2 points for Death Impends in the early going, who must be confused at not sharing the points with his immediate opposition after March.

1.      DDT vs Rad’s Die-monds in the Sky (Rad Guy) 0-0

2.       “O” (Gcreptile) vs William Henry Harrison Die-in-a-Month Squad (Death Impends) 0-2

3.      101 Great Practical Jokes with Luciano Re Cecconi  (Spade Cooley) vs Deadsox 0-0

4.      The GUN’11 (Grim Up North) vs Heef 0-0

• Like 3

Into the third round without benefit of a hit.  I am soooooooo due!

Good luck, DDT. You're going to need it against DDP Champion 2017/18/19. :D

These are going to be some pretty close match-ups, in all seriousness.

Even people with some "standard" picks, like deadsox, could do good. April will be a month of high DDP carnage after the quietness of March.

12 hours ago, The Dead Cow said:

7. Brandy Rusher

I was rooting for you against DI, as I always root for the underdog.

However, I am glad your elimination lets me have a Brandy Rusher unique.

She's a real risky pick though. In critical condition after a shooting last weekend. If she doesn't die within a week, she won't die for a looong ass time.

12 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Although I did notice RadGuy took one of Spade's uniques away. B) 

EDIT: 2 actually! Although I'm surprised Van Der Laan hasn't appeared on more teams.

I think you meant to say: Spade took two of RadGuy's uniques away. :P

Great minds think alike, Spade, great minds think alike. B)

Will post my team anyways,  just out of interest. 

Sasha Lakovic, Elias Rayya, Greg Gilbert, Tony Booth, Gord Downie, Leah Bracknell, Catherine Nevin, Peter Sallis, Glen Campbell, Vera Lynn, Father Jacques Clement. 

Great competition, really enjoyed it. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

However, I am glad your elimination lets me have a Brandy Rusher unique.

She's a real risky pick though. In critical condition after a shooting last weekend. If she doesn't die within a week, she won't die for a looong ass time.

That was the logic I used for the Nengmy chap since a couple days ago docs said he took a turn for the worse but still had a 50% chance of surviving his injuries. So he would've either been a rather immediate hit, as he turned out to be, or he would've recovered.

• Like 1

I had Brandy Rusher as a sub. Switched her out on the 30th. Congrats DI for the first hit. Apparently he died at/around 1:38am, so he just limped on into the month.

I have to admit I stopped my research before checking all those critically injured people in killing sprees, terror attacks, accidents and the like, well, except for Rusher who was easy to find.

6 hours ago, Pedro67 said:

Sasha Lakovic, Elias Rayya, Greg Gilbert, Tony Booth, Gord Downie, Leah Bracknell, Catherine Nevin, Peter Sallis, Glen Campbell, Vera Lynn, Father Jacques Clement. 

will do the same

Emma Betts,Nesmo Marbina,Bucher Vachon,paul Van Zandvliet,John Tapscott,Anne Hamilton Byrne,Catherine Nevin,Julia Perez,Errol Christiem,King Michael ,Jean Vorderman

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pedro67 said:

I loved the game too despite being knocked out in the first round.Brilliant idea.

• Like 3

My pick Iain Reid is dead:

https://www.gofundme.com/bring-iain-reid-home

Look at the updates.

However, the obit is about is unsure as that of Chase Simmons, only 1 or 2 possible news outlets could give it.

Sad (although irrelevant) that he never made it home.

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

Sad (although irrelevant) that he never made it home.

Actually, I think he did make it, at least back to the UK. He died at Milton Keynes Hospital.

So he wanted to get to Glasgow, and he died in Milton Keynes? Poor sod.

Awaiting a QO.

Yes but he was heading for Glasgow.

First the ambulance broke down and he got taken to MK as the support systems weren't working and then when he was due to tfr to Glasgow he took a turn for the worse and that was it.

i know some Scots who would rather die in Austria than England!

Well I looked into it and Brandy Rusher has been ranting on her Facebook page which means she has likely recovered. 

4 hours ago, RadGuy said:

Well I looked into it and Brandy Rusher has been ranting on her Facebook page which means she has likely recovered. 

Or been hacked

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 21:37, Garn2 said:

Congrats Heef! Needed to focus on avoiding relegation anyway...

It was a real ding dong battle. A match of two halves etc. etc.

Unlucky. I thought you had the better team at the start.