msc

The Deathlist Cup

Emma Morano IS a hit, and a unique one for Deadsox! They finally have a hit. I have been humming and hawwing about it being 2 points or 3 points, as "oldest woman in the world" isn't really a claim to fame and is more a lifetime achievement. Deadsox is however now level with Spade at the half way point.

Meanwhile, Tony Kaye's death turns another Quarterfinal on its head, being a three pointer for Heef.

News on the horizon: while Jason DiMatteo is apparently on the mend, Barry Marshall-Everitt on the other hand (a unique for Death Impends) is now in full time hospice care and getting coverage in the Evening Standard next week, according to Just Giving. Meanwhile the likes of Nevin, Lakovic and King Michael cling on....

1.      DDT vs Rad’s Die-monds in the Sky (Rad Guy) 0-1

2.       “O” (Gcreptile) vs William Henry Harrison Die-in-a-Month Squad (Death Impends) 2-9

3.      101 Great Practical Jokes with Luciano Re Cecconi  (Spade Cooley) vs Deadsox 2-2

4.      The GUN’11 (Grim Up North) vs Heef 2-4

As usual, if I miss out your slightly obscure unique hit, do let us know.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, msc said:

Barry Marshall-Everitt on the other hand (a unique for Death Impends) is now in full time hospice care and getting coverage in the Evening Standard next week, according to Just Giving.

That Evening Standard coverage will be an obituary now, Marsh-Ev dead per social media and awaiting QO. Who'da thunk someone crowdfunding for alternative treatments in Mexico failed to pull through?

Another three points for DI then, as and when we get the QO!

On 4/16/2017 at 11:16, msc said:

Meanwhile, Tony Kaye's death turns another Quarterfinal on its head, being a three pointer for Heef.

Well done Heef - that's two good hits and two young hits too - I probably need at least two of my close to dying people to get on and die now otherwise I will miss out on the pleasure of getting annihilated by Death Impends! :D

• Like 1

Death Impends is looking ominous, isn't he? Awaiting a QO for the former manager of T: Rex too. Gcreptile is a fine deadpooler but a 10 point gap with 12 days left might be a bridge too far even for them. If his soldier gets an obit, it's 2 points.

Meanwhile RadChap is trying to run down the clock on what would be one of the biggest deadpooling shocks in recent history, imo.

Elsewhere, Deadsox is only losing to Spade on "average age difference" and the final Quarterfinal could swing either way.

A Rev Billy G or Colin Meads death in April would really set the cat among the pigeons, both being Deadsox uniques.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

Meanwhile RadChap is trying to run down the clock on what would be one of the biggest deadpooling shocks in recent history, imo.

Not anymore.

3 points for DDT.

• Like 1

And it's 8 points for Spade in the DDP too! Blimey.

Curse of the commentator strikes RadChap... Terrible sorry, old chap.

1.      DDT vs Rad’s Die-monds in the Sky (Rad Guy) 3-1

2.       “O” (Gcreptile) vs William Henry Harrison Die-in-a-Month Squad (Death Impends) 2-9

3.      101 Great Practical Jokes with Luciano Re Cecconi  (Spade Cooley) vs Deadsox 2-2

• Like 1

Aw feck, I was thinking DDT might get an ironic Eastertime score with the terrorist or the bishop...

Julia Perez... Paul van-Zandvliet... King Michael... come on now... I gotta pull this off!

Well, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in my performance. I had high hopes especially for the people I have in common with DDT. Plus John Vennari, plus Iain Reid and I thought I would get to double-digits more likely than not.

Then one of my uniques or Hamilton-Byrne, or Noriega  would get me to 13-14pts. That's looking really far-fetched by now.

Funny thing is I might yet beat everyone but DI - just as it was last round.

But also, it has to be said, it would be hard to improve DI's team. Well played.

• Like 2

It's just a monster performance from DI

.      DDT vs Rad’s Die-monds in the Sky (Rad Guy) 3-1

2.       “O” (Gcreptile) vs William Henry Harrison Die-in-a-Month Squad (Death Impends) 2-12

• Like 2

I do like this competition. :bow:

I've just looked up my team and I've already forgotten who five of them are, so had a few minutes fun Googling them all over again.   @RadGuy you might get to beat me yet, twelve days is a long time for some of your team to live.

• Like 3

Crikey. DI is nailing the April instalment. Exceptional. I think I'll have to rethink my team substantially if I gain progress to the next round. I still think my scoring for the month (at least on picks that GUN doesn't have) is over. Two point lead is a good'un though.

11 days is a long time in the Deathpool Cup though.

The Cup has gone down quite well, I agree. One we crown our first winner, it'll return in 2018* with some rule tweaks. Hopefully then, we can entice some of the great deadpoolers who missed this one: Toast, Rotten Ali, Sir Creep, etc.

*If I'm spared myself of course, but I think the concept is sound enough that if I snuff it, someone else will run it in my place.

8 minutes ago, msc said:

The Cup has gone down quite well, I agree. One we crown our first winner, it'll return in 2018* with some rule tweaks. Hopefully then, we can entice some of the great deadpoolers who missed this one: Toast, Rotten Ali, Sir Creep, etc.

*If I'm spared myself of course, but I think the concept is sound enough that if I snuff it, someone else will run it in my place.

Meantime, in the 6 months afterwards, YoungWilz would run some sort of poker like dead pool, which will be very interesting, to say the least.

Just a random suggestion:

How about in June, during the final round, we also have a match-for-3rd-place going on between the two losers from May (like in the World Cup)?

• Like 1

Sure, if we get unanimous agreement from the Semifinalists for it.

• Like 1

Not seen QO for Iain Reid or Susan Stros yet. Lucky Akhand gets his due though. Grim's not gone yet. As for DI, well, good news Gcreptile - Death Impends will run out of hits soon!

.      DDT vs Rad’s Die-monds in the Sky (Rad Guy) 3-1

2.       “O” (Gcreptile) vs William Henry Harrison Die-in-a-Month Squad (Death Impends) 2-14

4.      The GUN’11 (Grim Up North) vs Heef 4-4

Ooh back in it. That's a Lucky hit!:D

Don't want Georgie Bush to do anything stupid like dying though or the game truly will be all over. 

There goes another from my reserves. :rolleyes:

I just looked to see who is leading in the Spade v Deadsox game on count back - then I saw that Deadsox hit was Emma Morano :D 

Oh yeah, btw, we're open for teams for the Semifinals now. Deadline shuts at the usual spot - 30th April, midnight into the 1st June.

Semis Reminder

DDT or Rad vs Spade or Deadsox

Grim or Heef v Death Impends or Gcreptile