msc

The Deathlist Cup

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

I just looked to see who is leading in the Spade v Deadsox game on count back - then I saw that Deadsox hit was Emma Morano :D 

Yeah, call it a hunch, but I'm pretty sure Michael Levy was younger than Emma Morano!

Happy birthday!

Sorry, DDT, doesn't really work if someone else mentions it. Otherwise I could just say to TMIB "Hey, big man, totally saw an Alan Aspin thing in the print Telegraph, honest..."

• Like 3

Happy Birthday to Death Impends. 

I wonder if anyone will die on my birthday in a weeks time. Had I joined the forums in 2015, I probably would've put Jenny Diski on my team, and gotten a birthday hit then. 

Happy birthday, DI!

In other news, I've been obsessively checking Jupe's condition on Indonesian Twitter and Indonesian gossip sites.

Yesterday, she was picture lying with a black mask under her head.

I knew she hasn't long left.

And I just checked know, rumors are saying she has died.

9 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

Happy birthday, DI!

In other news, I've been obsessively checking Jupe's condition on Indonesian Twitter and Indonesian gossip sites.

Who is Jupe?

Just now, Shaun of the Dead said:

Who is Jupe?

Julia Perez. 

4 hours ago, msc said:

Sorry, DDT, doesn't really work if someone else mentions it. Otherwise I could just say to TMIB "Hey, big man, totally saw an Alan Aspin thing in the print Telegraph, honest..."

Next you'll be telling me the obituaries section of the Winkenhofer Pine Ridge Funeral Home isn't a valid news source. 

3 hours ago, RadGuy said:

Happy birthday, DI!

Just realized how badly written this was.

Well, that's what happens to my communication skills after spending so much time reading poorly-translated Indonesian tweets.

Anyways, even though a couple more sites have started spreading Jupe death rumors, I think it's fake.

They all look sketchy and clickbaity.

The latest new from a credible source is just a fluff piece about how she always wore the tasbih (Islamic rosary) around her neck while in the hospital.

And her condition is "increasingly critical", but that's what they've been saying every day now.

Kondisi Julia Perez.

Does this count as a valid obituary  for Susan Stros? 

6 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Does this count as a valid obituary  for Susan Stros? 

No, DDT mentioned it above. Despite it referring to a print obit, and copy and pasting it, it doesn't actually link to the actual paper, so lacking of proof. I wouldn't worry though - her case was covered by a dozen QOs last month, so if none of them covering her dying in the next week...

As for Iain Reid, cremated 2 days ago, and not a sniff of a QO. I've even been checking the local death announcements in the papers for Gcreptile - not a Scooby snack so far.

A priest with cancer died. However, he seems purely to have been a local community priest who only got regional press for being ill. Unique 2 pointer for Death Impends anyhow.

This is turning out a bit like that time Real Madrid smashed Bayern Munich 5-0 on aggregate...

.      DDT vs Rad’s Die-monds in the Sky (Rad Guy) 3-1

2.       “O” (Gcreptile) vs William Henry Harrison Die-in-a-Month Squad (Death Impends) 2-16

3.      101 Great Practical Jokes with Luciano Re Cecconi  (Spade Cooley) vs Deadsox 2-2

4.      The GUN’11 (Grim Up North) vs Heef 4-4

Re the suggestion a few posts back about a third place play-off; I think it'd be a good idea because it'd double the fun for us neutrals (i.e. those who crashed and burned earlier in the whole thing)

It'd be a right laugh if one of the defeated semi-finalists ran up the highest score that month.

• Like 1

Well, it is extra work for the Semifinalists.

What I'll do is next month I'll PM each of the final four and ask them about a "3rd place playoff". If they all agree, it'll happen. If one person dislikes the idea, we'll go without, and no one need find out who.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, msc said:

This is turning out a bit like that time Real Madrid smashed Bayern Munich 5-0 on aggregate...

2.       “O” (Gcreptile) vs William Henry Harrison Die-in-a-Month Squad (Death Impends) 2-16

Ouch. Gc's getting more than a taste of his own medicine here. However, good news for Grim or Heef - DI needs to scout out 7 more players for his semi final tie! And there's still a week to go to make it 8 or 9!

Sasha Lakovic joins the list of folk awaiting a QO - see also Stros and Iain Reid.

Pivotal one, as it would give Deadsox the lead against Spade.

• Like 1

Given a QO that is a shared hit for me and Heef so he stays ahead on youngest hits tiebreaker - the clock is ticking down on the GUN 11. 

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

Given a QO that is a shared hit for me and Heef so he stays ahead on youngest hits tiebreaker - the clock is ticking down on the GUN 11. 

Yes, another part of the FFBI rule which needs tweaked, tbh, but its 5 days left to nab another hit, Grim.

QO for this game. So then: Death Impends fell behind but won, DDT fell behind but is now ahead, and now...Spade falls behind. What happens next?

1. DDT vs Rad’s Die-monds in the Sky (Rad Guy) 3-1

3.      101 Great Practical Jokes with Luciano Re Cecconi  (Spade Cooley) vs Deadsox 2-4

4.      The GUN’11 (Grim Up North) vs Heef 6-6

• Like 3

3 fixtures very close... Perhaps best not to mention the fourth.

Anything can happen in the dying minutes of a Cup Quarter-Final.

And even with a tweaked FFBI rule, wouldn't Kaye still be the youngest non-shared hit between GUN and I? Still, the DL equivalent of a penalty shoot-out is bound to jangle the nerves.

• Like 1

As it stands, Kaye, Lakovic and Betts produce a younger "average death", yes.

It would be calculators out time if George Bush died and Marieke Vervoort freed herself from her pain in the next few days.

Other than Nevin who we both have Hamilton-Byrne is probably my best hope of breaking the dead lock.

Catherine Nevin looks to have had the last laugh on all the teams so far. Anyhow, as April comes to a close in just over 48 hours, we have our first potential Semifinalist team in.

Reminder

DDT or Rad Guy vs Deadsox or Spade

Heef or Grim v Death Impends or Gcreptile